SportsWrath

Something that really bugged me about the Packers

Virginia Giant

With about 4:30 to play in the game, up 3 touchdowns, Rodgers threw a 40 yard pass to Nelson from midfield to right around the 5 yard line. It was like he was trying to get 400 yards passing. Now, I've always had a lot of respect for the Packers from the Holmgren/Favre days and it has continued into the McCarthy/Rodgers era. But that just seemed low class to me, given the score and as pathetically bad the Giants looked all game.

My sister and brother in law was at the house and we had the volume down low and I was like, "did they really just throw a 40 yard bomb to the goalline with that lead at the end of the game? Classy"

Oh bullshit, there is such a thing as sportsmanship, and running up the score via the deep pass ain't it.

Dude, this is the NFL. You take your ass whooping like a man. If you don't like people scoring on you, stop them. I know Philly did last week against us, and won.

Dude, this is the NFL. You take your ass whooping like a man. If you don't like people scoring on you, stop them. I know Philly did last week against us, and won.

Thats just rediculous. I had no problem with the slants, the dinking, the dunking and all that, they were killing us, but chucking the ball 40 yards downfield to the goalline is poor sportsmanship, on a team that had clearly given up.

Thats just rediculous. I had no problem with the slants, the dinking, the dunking and all that, they were killing us, but chucking the ball 40 yards downfield to the goalline is poor sportsmanship, on a team that had clearly given up.

Maybe we should have given up.

With about 4:30 to play in the game, up 3 touchdowns, Rodgers threw a 40 yard pass to Nelson from midfield to right around the 5 yard line. It was like he was trying to get 400 yards passing. Now, I've always had a lot of respect for the Packers from the Holmgren/Favre days and it has continued into the McCarthy/Rodgers era. But that just seemed low class to me, given the score and as pathetically bad the Giants looked all game.

My sister and brother in law was at the house and we had the volume down low and I was like, "did they really just throw a 40 yard bomb to the goalline with that lead at the end of the game? Classy"

I would expect them to do it considering the disaster that happened to us last week. We also shouldve been running up the score constantly, instead of going into the shitty offensive scheme after we built up that huge lead. Run on 1st down, run on 2nd down, pass on 3rd down etc etc. We shouldve been throwing those 40 yrd bombs too. Fuck it. We got our asses handed to us because of poor defensive play, poorer offensive playcalling and equally poor offensive execution. Lets just pray the Bears who have nothing to play for beat the the Packers who have everything to play for. Next season guys..... <_<

The Giants deserve any embarrassment and humiliation they get for the last 4 1/2 quarters of football they played. As much as that Eagle game hurt and how angry I was at our team, I still had faith that they would come out Sunday, play hard, and have a good opportunity to win. They had a chance to begin to erase the nightmare of that loss and they showed absolutely nothing in the way of execution or passion. I'm not going to stick up for them right now. Why should we as fans defend their pride when they can't do it themselves?

I don't mind. They saw the Eagles come back against us.. they kept their foot our neck and more power to them.

The Giants deserve any embarrassment and humiliation they get for the last 4 1/2 quarters of football they played. As much as that Eagle game hurt and how angry I was at our team, I still had faith that they would come out Sunday, play hard, and have a good opportunity to win. They had a chance to begin to erase the nightmare of that loss and they showed absolutely nothing in the way of execution or passion. I'm not going to stick up for them right now. Why should we as fans defend their pride when they can't do it themselves?

You know.. I didn't. As a fan I was too drained to really be optimistic.. and having seen how when it rains it pours I had zero faith we were going to win. Hell I've stayed clear of creating any game day threads this season because I didn't want to "jinx" our team.. but guess what, I created it Sunday saying.. fuck it. It's not about luck.. and sure enough the expected outcome happened.

Yes I think it was poor sportsmanship....but that NFL has been dead since the late 80's. The purpose is not just to beat your opponent but to humiliate and destroy. Once free agency became the lay of the land, guys no longer have loyalty to teams/cities so many of them could care less. Next year they might be on the Packers or the guy who just hot dogged into the endzone may be doing for the Giants. That being said, well they should have had a little more fire and kept plugging away. But this is essentially a leaderless team with no one or two guys who can command respect and at least consistently hold the attention of their team mates. Lastly, the running up does not usually happen amongst division rivals as you see them every year twice a year.

well, the dog would agree, since no team is able to make up three scores in 5 minutes time. never. it never happens...wait a second...

They did that because the Giants were calling time outs at that time like they were going to make a come back. The Packers then heaved it down field to basically put a dagger in the heart. If we are going to call time outs down 3 TDs with 4 minutes to go, they have every right to throw a bomb and put the game away.