SportsWrath

Looking ahead.

JMFP

To think I actually drove through a New Jersey blizzard in order to watch that game with my brother.

Given what I just saw yesterday, I'd say the Redskins have a better chance against the Giants than the Bears have against the Packers. Whatever will be will be. After the past two weeks, I'm done believing in these fools.

Personally, I don't want to see Coughlin fired, but I do believe he should retire. I appreciate everything he has done to restore the franchise, and he'll always be remembered (rightfully so) for his 2007 run. But I believe it is time to move on. I think Mara/Tisch should let him know that he is being promoted into the front office, and just leave it at that.

The Giants are the most talented stupid team in the NFL. If they start next season 10-0, and need 1 more win to clinch, and are up by 30 points with 5 minutes left…..I'll still be on the edge of my seat. No record is safe, no lead is safe, no play is foolproof with these idiots.

It's sad to say, but it only took them about 8 minutes to blow their entire season.

Seems like every year it is the same….the Giants save their biggest flop for when my brother and I watch the game together. Last year, it was the Carolina debacle.

In defense of the defense.....Rodgers played a Pinball Wizard game….I've watched him quite a bit because we get a lot of Packers games in Chicago, so I wasn't very surprised. But, he had his best game of the season against us. Normally he is good, but yesterday, he was in a zone. And unlike our receivers, the Packers ran the correct routes, and caught virtually everything that was thrown their way. Webster and Thomas were abused, but really, there were plenty of catches made with excellent coverage.

However, the lack of bump and run in the 1st half was pretty lame….reminded me of the Colts game. The defense came out scared of Rodgers they same way they were scared of Peyton. And it showed. They basically gave him a 9 yard slant pass whenever he wanted it.

Okay, Rodgers was great....but that doesn't excuse 6 (?) Giants turnovers. You simply can't keep giving the ball back to a QB that is on fire like that.

There was a glimmer when they tied it up 14-14….and even to start the 2nd half, the Giants had the ball, and were moving. But correct me if I am wrong, but the Giants turned the ball over on pretty much EVERY possession in the 2nd half.

I'm now convinced O'Hara should ride the pine….since he has returned, the offensive line has struggled against two very mediocre run defenses. At this point, Boothe and Seubert are better than Seubert and O'Hara.

It's also clear that this offense is crippled without Steve Smith.

And really, fuck Killdrive. Is there some law against a no huddle? Every game, the same thing - delayed handoff to Bradshaw. Wow, way to mix it up....as if Green Bay didn't see the Philly/Giants tape? And of course, they just stick with Bradshaw, until he fumbles, and then go with Jacobs, until he fumbles. And of course, by all means, keeping with the plodding attack….when you're down 14 points, let's make sure we wait until :03 to hike the ball….I don't recall a single no huddle series against either the Eagles or the Packers. Repeat…..fuck Killdrive. Please, sweet baby Jesus, may some college take this dope off our hands.

Ditto to Bradshaw and Jacobs…..next season, just grab a stud RB from the SEC…..I can't trust Jacobs or Bradshaw.

And just perhaps, we can get ourselves a legitimate 1st round linebacker, because I didn't see hide no hair of one yesterday.

I agree completely with everything you just said except about getting rid of Bradshaw and Jacobs. Turnovers are a direct result of coaching. Not laying all the blame on Coughlin, but the runningback coach needs to fix the fumbles from their crew, the wr coach needs to teach the receivers how to tuck the ball and the offensive coordinator needs to call better plays to limit, get the ball out of the qb's hand before the pressure reaches him. Give your rec eivers simpler routes or whatever.

You don't keep your job when your team turns the ball over this much.

I agree completely with everything you just said except about getting rid of Bradshaw and Jacobs. Turnovers are a direct result of coaching. Not laying all the blame on Coughlin, but the runningback coach needs to fix the fumbles from their crew, the wr coach needs to teach the receivers how to tuck the ball and the offensive coordinator needs to call better plays to limit, get the ball out of the qb's hand before the pressure reaches him. Give your rec eivers simpler routes or whatever.

VG I love ya.....but fuck Jacobs and Bradshaw.

I'll take any RB that average 4.0 per carry without turning the ball over....CONSTANTLY.

Next year, 2nd round.....take the top-rated RB from the SEC on the board, and problem fucking solved.

the dog sees what you are saying, except for possibly the "giants are the most talented" part. they are a solid team. no better or worse than that.

I think you missed my qualifier, Dog.

Take all the talented, smart teams (Patriots, Ravens, Saints, Eagles), and put them to the side. The Giants have proven they don't belong in that class.

Instead, take all the truly fucking stupid teams in the NFL...... e.g., the Detroit Lions, the 49ers, the Bills, the Raiders.....those teams are the peers of the Giants.

And among those teams, the Giants have the most individually talented players. I suppose one could argue that the Chargers are the AFC's equivalent of the Giants.

To think I actually drove through a New Jersey blizzard in order to watch that game with my brother.

Given what I just saw yesterday, I'd say the Redskins have a better chance against the Giants than the Bears have against the Packers. Whatever will be will be. After the past two weeks, I'm done believing in these fools.

Personally, I don't want to see Coughlin fired, but I do believe he should retire. I appreciate everything he has done to restore the franchise, and he'll always be remembered (rightfully so) for his 2007 run. But I believe it is time to move on. I think Mara/Tisch should let him know that he is being promoted into the front office, and just leave it at that.

The Giants are the most talented stupid team in the NFL. If they start next season 10-0, and need 1 more win to clinch, and are up by 30 points with 5 minutes left…..I'll still be on the edge of my seat. No record is safe, no lead is safe, no play is foolproof with these idiots.

It's sad to say, but it only took them about 8 minutes to blow their entire season.

Seems like every year it is the same….the Giants save their biggest flop for when my brother and I watch the game together. Last year, it was the Carolina debacle.

In defense of the defense.....Rodgers played a Pinball Wizard game….I've watched him quite a bit because we get a lot of Packers games in Chicago, so I wasn't very surprised. But, he had his best game of the season against us. Normally he is good, but yesterday, he was in a zone. And unlike our receivers, the Packers ran the correct routes, and caught virtually everything that was thrown their way. Webster and Thomas were abused, but really, there were plenty of catches made with excellent coverage.

However, the lack of bump and run in the 1st half was pretty lame….reminded me of the Colts game. The defense came out scared of Rodgers they same way they were scared of Peyton. And it showed. They basically gave him a 9 yard slant pass whenever he wanted it.

Okay, Rodgers was great....but that doesn't excuse 6 (?) Giants turnovers. You simply can't keep giving the ball back to a QB that is on fire like that.

There was a glimmer when they tied it up 14-14….and even to start the 2nd half, the Giants had the ball, and were moving. But correct me if I am wrong, but the Giants turned the ball over on pretty much EVERY possession in the 2nd half.

I'm now convinced O'Hara should ride the pine….since he has returned, the offensive line has struggled against two very mediocre run defenses. At this point, Boothe and Seubert are better than Seubert and O'Hara.

It's also clear that this offense is crippled without Steve Smith.

And really, fuck Killdrive. Is there some law against a no huddle? Every game, the same thing - delayed handoff to Bradshaw. Wow, way to mix it up....as if Green Bay didn't see the Philly/Giants tape? And of course, they just stick with Bradshaw, until he fumbles, and then go with Jacobs, until he fumbles. And of course, by all means, keeping with the plodding attack….when you're down 14 points, let's make sure we wait until :03 to hike the ball….I don't recall a single no huddle series against either the Eagles or the Packers. Repeat…..fuck Killdrive. Please, sweet baby Jesus, may some college take this dope off our hands.

Ditto to Bradshaw and Jacobs…..next season, just grab a stud RB from the SEC…..I can't trust Jacobs or Bradshaw.

And just perhaps, we can get ourselves a legitimate 1st round linebacker, because I didn't see hide no hair of one yesterday.

Can't agree more... especially with the O'Hara thing. Ever since he's been back in the lineup our line has totally sucked, and he was victimized and abused all day yesterday.

And there was absolutely no need to bring O'Hara back. The Giants are always rushing guys back from injuries when an extra game or two would do the trick. It would be one thing if Seubert and Boothe were giving up sacks and the run games was not producing; then you make a change. O'Hara himself almost said it outright...he is still ginger and is still hurting. WTF. :jerkoff:

How? Are Coughlin and Gilbride supposed to hold the ball for them while running? I don't see how a coach can fix these issues mid season and posters acting like a coach fixed Tiki's fumbling greatly under estimate a player's drive to fix their own mistakes.

And there was absolutely no need to bring O'Hara back. The Giants are always rushing guys back from injuries when an extra game or two would do the trick. It would be one thing if Seubert and Boothe were giving up sacks and the run games was not producing; then you make a change. O'Hara himself almost said it outright...he is still ginger and is still hurting. WTF. :jerkoff:

One of the bright spots of the season was watching the backup linemen come in and just kick ass. Really had me fooled that this could be a special year.

I totally agree.....if the line were swiss cheese it would be one thing.....but they were cranking out 200+ yard games, and I think Eli was sacked 1x in 5 games at one point.

When O'Hara is 100% it's one thing....but the stats don't lie.

Similarly, Smith looked very uncomfortable out there when he came back.

One of the biggest errors this year was forcing Cruz onto the IR. Granted, hindsight is 20/20, but we could have really used him in the 2nd half of the season.

How? Are Coughlin and Gilbride supposed to hold the ball for them while running? I don't see how a coach can fix these issues mid season and posters acting like a coach fixed Tiki's fumbling greatly under estimate a player's drive to fix their own mistakes.

I agree......I think the problem with turnovers is due to the players, and not the coaches.

Look at what Belichick is doing with players that do as they are coached.

That was one hell of a post Joe. You eloquently displayed all the frustrations just about every fan of this team is having. The Giants are without a doubt the biggest jeckyll and hyde act in the NFL. On a given week they look like they can beat any team in the league and others theyre only capable of beating themselves. Hell, after the Philly game you don`t know what you`re getting minute to minute. In regards to Bradshaw and Jacobs, I wouldnt rule out trying to make an upgrade. I like them both and think they compliment each other well but if there was an opportunity to acquire a true gamebreaker, someone who could carry the team on his back I would strongly consider it. As someone mentioned before one good thing is we may have found some young lineman who could eventually start. Beatty showed flashes and Boothe filled in admirably. Honorable mention goes to our 300 pound swiss army knife Rich Seubert. Hes so valuable to this team and its not said enough.