SportsWrath

Time to go, Tom.

Sephiroth

On the other hand, I am so fucking sick of watching these guys turn the ball over again and again. Is it coach's fault. I don't know. He got Tiki to STOP.

It IS the coach's fault. I've said it before and I'll say it again: HOW many times do Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Ahmad Bradshaw, etc. have to have the ball knocked away because they're not holding it properly before Coughlin a.) makes a correction, or b.) benches their fucking ass?

Holding the ball without THREE points of contact LOSES you football games. You learn that in Pop Warner... why can't Giants players and coaches figure it out?

A good coach would look at game film, sit down with a player and say, "See how you're holding the ball? See how it got knocked away there? See how you almost lost it on this play? You're a playmaker but you're going to lose us games unless you have three points of contact on the ball AT ALL TIMES, and I'm not going to let you lose us games. So you either hold the ball like you learned when you were 12 or your backup gets to show me how he can hold it."

It IS the coach's fault. I've said it before and I'll say it again: HOW many times do Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Ahmad Bradshaw, etc. have to have the ball knocked away because they're not holding it properly before Coughlin a.) makes a correction, or b.) benches their fucking ass?

Holding the ball without THREE points of contact LOSES you football games. You learn that in Pop Warner... why can't Giants players and coaches figure it out?

A good coach would look at game film, sit down with a player and say, "See how you're holding the ball? See how it got knocked away there? See how you almost lost it on this play? You're a playmaker but you're going to lose us games unless you have three points of contact on the ball AT ALL TIMES, and I'm not going to let you lose us games. So you either hold the ball like you learned when you were 12 or your backup gets to show me how he can hold it."

seriously Seph. He is doing all of these things and he did sort of bench Bradshaw.

They are not, realistically, going to bench Eli and I don't see Ware taking lots of snaps at RB ( Eli would get killed ).

again I don't know what the answer is. It is easier to get rid of the coach than your QB, 2 RBs and 1/2 your WR core. That much is for certain but I am not sure how it changes anything.

If all of your skills players are having fumbling problems all season long, who do you bench without crippling your offense? I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, just that the problem was so pervasive this year, you couldn't just single out one guy.

seriously Seph. He is doing all of these things and he did sort of bench Bradshaw.

They are not, realistically, going to bench Eli and I don't see Ware taking lots of snaps at RB ( Eli would get killed ).

again I don't know what the answer is. It is easier to get rid of the coach than your QB, 2 RBs and 1/2 your WR core. That much is for certain but I am not sure how it changes anything.

Which is the real problem. You can only bring a horse to the water but you can't make them drink. I am sure Coughlin does show them many times but it's hard dealing with spoiled athletes I am sure. Fuck Manningham carries the ball like he wants every DB to try for a strip. After this season I think Coughlin probably wants to retire. It's got to be frustrating as hell to watch your team cluster fuck their way to a loss almost every game.

Also I am sure it was more Tiki who fixed his fumbling problem. Remember this is the same player who ran mountains in the off season, with Comella, for conditioning. I think somebody should tell Bradshaw that if he continues he'll be out of football very soon.

He's NOT doing that hlb. Bradshaw's "benching" was not starting the opening series. Nicks is as bad as Plax at ball security... just because you have the world's largest hands doesn't mean you drop your fundamentals. Manningham isn't far behind. The Giants players don't secure the ball, and it's been a problem since preseason... I can probably dig up a thread complaining about how the team holds the ball from back in the second preseason game.

This is football 101 and our players don't do it. It's as bad as wrapping up making the tackle... worse even. I blame coaching... if you're players don't listen, bench them until they do. The Giants lead the league in turnovers, and anyone could see that coming from the beginning of the season.

If all of your skills players are having fumbling problems all season long, who do you bench without crippling your offense? I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, just that the problem was so pervasive this year, you couldn't just single out one guy.

No, you DO single out one guy.

"Hakeem Nicks, you're our best offensive player. You don't listen to what I say, however, so you are deactivated this game... despite your skills, you're riding the bench. Hey, Ahmad and Mario... did you catch that? You might want to start securing the ball."

You have one sacrificial lamb, and the other guys all all into place.

"Hakeem Nicks, you're our best offensive player. You don't listen to what I say, however, so you are deactivated this game... despite your skills, you're riding the bench. Hey, Ahmad and Mario... did you catch that? You might want to start securing the ball."

With Steve Smith out of the lineup, you want to bench another wide receiver? Seriously, what message does that send to the team. Hey guys, I want us to win, but I'm going to bench our top guy tonight to make a point. Cool??

Are you mixing up Ahmad and Hakeems names? :unsure: Cause I cant remember Nicks dropping the ball except for maybe once. And the one last nite hw was down. Ahmad drops it continuously.

With Steve Smith out of the lineup, you want to bench another wide receiver? Seriously, what message does that send to the team. Hey guys, I want us to win, but I'm going to bench our top guy tonight to make a point. Cool??

No boo, I'm saying this should have been done in like, week 2. Look at the way the guys hold the ball. Who couldn't see that fumbles were going to be a problem? Again, there's a thread from the preseason that talks about this (I'm not going to dig it up though).

You fix the problem at the beginning of the season, and you win against Tennesee and possibly Green Bay... hello playoffs. Instead, we're talking about who should coach our team next year, and rightfully so.

Somewhere in the New Meadowlands, there is a Vice President office waiting for Tom Coughlin.

Congrats Tom....thanks for everything.

Exactly.. Kick him upstairs don't fire him. That way the chain rattling Irish Catholic Boston College Loving Ghost of Wellington Mara can be placated. That is until the T tries to sniff himself some Granddaughter Mara :wub: ..then he will rise up like a banshee.

Fuck no, thats the easiest position to fill.

If I had to pick by position, I'd go offensive line WAY before running back.

In the gameday thread I said offensive line first....but I think we should trade for another first round pick....the Patriots do it every year. Get rid of some dead weight. At this point, I could part with one of our CBs and one of our RBs....and our 2nd rounder for another first.

But, as we're finding out, it really isn't that easy of a position to fill......look at what our late rounders are doing on the field right now. Bradshaw leads the league in fumbles. Jacobs probably isn't that far behind.

No boo, I'm saying this should have been done in like, week 2. Look at the way the guys hold the ball. Who couldn't see that fumbles were going to be a problem? Again, there's a thread from the preseason that talks about this (I'm not going to dig it up though).

You fix the problem at the beginning of the season, and you win against Tennesee and possibly Green Bay... hello playoffs. Instead, we're talking about who should coach our team next year, and rightfully so.

It should never be done unless there's a discliplinary issue, because you have to distinguish between the two. I was totally against the Bradshaw benching, yes he was fumbling the ball, but dammit the kid was running his ass off and getting yards a guy of his size had no business getting. And the coaches should have worked this out with him, instead Coughlin sat him, teaching him a lesson I guess!

Nicks is a second year guy, 2nd!. He ran some wrong routes, but with 7years in the fucking league, can Eli ever adjust a fucking throw to any wideout. Seriously look around the league and you'll see the better QB's making some sort of adjustment.

In the gameday thread I said offensive line first....but I think we should trade for another first round pick....the Patriots do it every year. Get rid of some dead weight. At this point, I could part with one of our CBs and one of our RBs....and our 2nd rounder for another first.

But, as we're finding out, it really that easy of a position to fill......look at what our late rounders are doing on the field right now. Bradshaw leads the league in fumbles. Jacobs probably isn't that far behind.

We really don't have anyone worth a first round pick to anyone, I'm not sure the Raiders think Richard Seymour was worth a first now.

Are you mixing up Ahmad and Hakeems names? :unsure: Cause I cant remember Nicks dropping the ball except for maybe once. And the one last nite hw was down. Ahmad drops it continuously.

Ya, he drops passes that hit him right in the bread basket, instead.

We really don't have anyone worth a first round pick to anyone, I'm not sure the Raiders think Richard Seymour was worth a first now.

I think Bradshaw, Ross, and a 2nd rounder are worth a 1st....a late first maybe....

Nah, Ross isn't worth much right now, Bradshaw maybe a 2nd, and if all you're getting is a late first rounder you might as well keep the 2nd.

Hmm....we'll have to get some team next year before the trade deadline then....hit them up for the trade and hopefully they are in the bottom half of the standings at the end of the season....

I don't think the Giants have any players they'd be willing to move that are worth more than a 3rd round pick. Could potentially move a few and get enough picks to trade up, but I think if we want to get down to stockpiling 1st and 2nd round picks we'd have to start by trading a 2011 pick for an earlier 2012 pick, i.e. a 2011 2nd for a 2012 1st. Planning ahead like that is how the Patriots began stockpiling early picks.

It should never be done unless there's a discliplinary issue, because you have to distinguish between the two. I was totally against the Bradshaw benching, yes he was fumbling the ball, but dammit the kid was running his ass off and getting yards a guy of his size had no business getting. And the coaches should have worked this out with him, instead Coughlin sat him, teaching him a lesson I guess!

Nicks is a second year guy, 2nd!. He ran some wrong routes, but with 7years in the fucking league, can Eli ever adjust a fucking throw to any wideout. Seriously look around the league and you'll see the better QB's making some sort of adjustment.

I guess we just have a different outlook on how to run a team, then. I think if players are doing something that is clearly going to hurt the team down the road, you make your players pay for it one way or the other. Plus, if you say "hold the ball this way" and your guy DOESN'T do that, it IS disciplinary... it's insubordination.

Now Coughlin is the one likely paying for it... with his job.

you guys are confusing a rushing attach with running backs

Backs need an opening hole to get into the secondary...........after Meathead shuffled the O-line that was averaging 10 yds per carry our season effectively ended

the flip side of no rushing attack is a gassed Defense with their tongues hanging out that must go into protect mode to hold off the heathen horde

With no rushing attack the QB cannot throw the ball as the D can tee off on him, with no fear of a counter ground game.........the DB's can cling to the receivers knowing the Giants must pass or perish

In one incredibly stupid stroke Coughlin changed the Giants franchise destiny, doomed our season, and wrote his own termination papers

the Law of Unintended Consequences------------"If it aint BROKE dont FIX IT" :rolleyes: