SportsWrath

Time to go, Tom.

Sephiroth

The ring was great... we can't thank you enough. However, your complete inability to coach your team on how to hold the ball, coupled with a hall-of-fame coach knocking on the meadowlands door and an all-too-predictable yearly script (start 6-2, read your own press clippings, lose half your remaining games before having the Eagles beat you in the Wild Card) means it's time to go.

Thanks for everything.

Time to go Tom....he reminds me of Pat Riley with the Lakers, Knicks and the Heat when he was coaching. After a while the guys stops listening to certain types of coaches. Forget about this season....the past two seasons with no production from ST's and their continued breakdowns would result in immediate firings by most coaches. Not our Tom...too loyal when a sacrificial lamb is needed. Cower may not be the answer but I think anyone fresh would be an improvement right about now.

I hate to say it as much as i like Bradshaw and Jacobs they could both get cut and i wouldn't care.

WORD....as much as they either pout or sulk....or lay the ball down.......time to start over if there is a pick out there who can tear things up and hold onto the ball.

I am a Coughlin supporter, but I too think that it's his time. The only reason I consider keeping him over for now is because of the CBA not getting approved timely.

Either Cowher or Jeff Fisher, assuming he's let go, would be viable options. I'd rather not go by way of Chucky

I still want Tom as the headcoach of the giants.

I would understand the move if he was let go, but I want him to stay.

Up till this game I was on board with Tom... IF we win next week, we'll have a .500 this 2nd half of the season.. add that to the 2nd half collapses in the past and that does it for me. Now obviously the season ain't over yet.. but as things stand, we need a coaching change among other changes.

I am a Coughlin supporter, but I too think that it's his time. The only reason I consider keeping him over for now is because of the CBA not getting approved timely.

Either Cowher or Jeff Fisher, assuming he's let go, would be viable options. I'd rather not go by way of Chucky

I loved the guy; he's the only coach outside of Parcells to give us a Super Bowl ring. He's a very good coach... a borderline Hall of Fame one. However, he has several faults which I think have been exposed the past few seasons... his marriages to his coaches and gameplans, his inability to get his recievers and backs to properly secure the ball, his undying faith in certain players, especially on special teams.

Lets not forget too, as magical as 2007 was, the chips had to fall EXACTLY right for the Giants in several key spots for them to be champions. If Patrick Crayton holds on to the ball, we might be talking about the Super Bowl Champion Cowboys. If Brett Favre doesn't throw a boneheaded pick, it may have been the Packers. If Asante Samuel holds on to the ball, the Patriots pull off the impossible perfect season. Yes, the Giants played well, but literally EVERYTHING also went right for them.

I think if he stays then many things go downhill from here, and again, given that a Bill Cowher has made no bones about his desire to coach for the Maras, I think you have to pull the trigger and bring in some new blood. You maybe have loved your sixth grade teacher too, but if he had been your teacher all the way from sixth grade through grad school you'd probably not get as much out of his lessons.

this is turning out to be just like 2006 where we faltered down the stretch, beat washington the last week of the season, get bounced in the first round by the eagles and this is enough to convince the mara's that coughlin deserves to get a 1 year extension.

at least we get a superbowl next season :rock:

This is a tough one for me. If you discount the '04 season ( his first, shit team, no o-line, rookie QB etc ) we will have gone to the play-offs 4 of 6 years with a SB title.

The league, through the cap, roster limits and the draft system, is set up to let you in 2 times out of 6.

He also took the Jaguars, as an expansion team, to the AFC Championship Game twice.

The guy is clearly a very good coach.

On the other hand, I am so fucking sick of watching these guys turn the ball over again and again. Is it coach's fault. I don't know. He got Tiki to STOP.

I guess at the end of the day you can't fire the team so you have to fire the coach. Lord knows something needs to light a fire under the collective but of this team.

This is a tough one for me. If you discount the '04 season ( his first, shit team, no o-line, rookie QB etc ) we will have gone to the play-offs 4 of 6 years with a SB title.

The league, through the cap, roster limits and the draft system, is set up to let you in 2 times out of 6.

He also took the Jaguars, as an expansion team, to the AFC Championship Game twice.

The guy is clearly a very good coach.

On the other hand, I am so fucking sick of watching these guys turn the ball over again and again. Is it coach's fault. I don't know. He got Tiki to STOP.

I guess at the end of the day you can't fire the team so you have to fire the coach. Lord knows something needs to light a fire under the collective but of this team.

THIS team has a ton of talent.. allegedly. Although compared to who really? you can say the same thing about half the teams in the league... We do need a change in coaching.. and personnel.. I don't think I can forgive Boss for his boneheaded play last night.. leading the league in TOs and Eli setting a career high is a huge no no.

one week ago ....leading 31-10 with a few mins left in the 4th ......G men heading for a first round bye .......TC is a candidate for Coach of the Bloody Year .

Now .......everyone wants him gone !

( He should be given 1 more year ....even if we finish 9-7 )

The epic meltdown events of the last 2 weeks were more about bad performance by the players than bad coaching IMO )

Tom should stay !

( remember that really bad years ....eg Ray Handley ! ) Jeeeessus

one week ago ....leading 31-10 with a few mins left in the 4th ......G men heading for a first round bye .......TC is a candidate for Coach of the Bloody Year .

Now .......everyone wants him gone !

( He should be given 1 more year ....even if we finish 9-7 )

The epic meltdown events of the last 2 weeks were more about bad performance by the players than bad coaching IMO )

Tom should stay !

( remember that really bad years ....eg Ray Handley ! ) Jeeeessus

2nd half collapses did it for me. Take away 2007 and we're the 2nd coming of the cowboys