SportsWrath

Tuck really really ripped into Strahan in the NY Post today

JackStroud

Said Mike should keep his mouth shut about last week......."its not like Mike won every game he played in, and sacked the QB on every play" said Tuck. Tuck said "He was going to have a private discussion" with Strahan

Looks like Gap Tooth is taking the next seat on the Dunce bench to my beloved Tiki. I think this time around Tiki will not comment. Strahan apparently went on and on some TV show about how the Giants "Do not know how to put a team away"

I still maintain it was the Oline shuffle and resulting lousy running game that lost the cause...........The D was gassed after all those 3 and outs in the 4th Qtr......that and Coughlin's inability to grasp the fact the Eagles were at least 50/50 to try the onsides kick........he said he warned the team but I don't think he did or was pretty blase about it....it was a pivitol bad decision in the "Battle of the Bulge" :rolleyes:

Anyone who was around in 2003 will remember our D line was totally gassed at the end of that debacle..........Accorsi attributed it later to not having enough D-linemen to hold the fort..........no rotation

But anyone who watched it was certain it was Terrell Owens de-pantsing Jason Sehorn on 15 consecutive pass plays (it seemed like 15)......why on Earth Fassel left ol One leg on T.O. for the entire 4th Qtr is one of the seven mysteries of all time.

This is a non-story, Jack.

How do you figure that...........Strahan was openly rooting for the Eagles to make a come back on the halftime show....lets face it he hates Coughlin more than I do

Still smarting from being locked out in the hallway......for not being 5 minutes early :smartass: LOL

How do you figure that...........Strahan was openly rooting for the Eagles to make a come back on the halftime show....lets face it he hates Coughlin more than I do

Still smarting from being locked out in the hallway......for not being 5 minutes early :smartass: LOL

No Strahan gave his honest opinion.. and it's just an opinion.. he's entitled to that. Stra is surprised this is becoming a story now.

well stra, you were the one who put your arms around TO in 2002 and pointed to the scoreboard. That said, Tuck is coming off like a crybaby. Shut up and win.

they win as a team and lose as a team...........there were any of a dozen pivotal plays on offense and defense that could have put that game away......not to mention the fact the Giants went into a Defensive and Offensive shell with too much time on the clock........just like they did back in the 49ers game......realistically that game should have been a stompimg by us.....we let them off the deck

they win as a team and lose as a team...........there were any of a dozen pivotal plays on offense and defense that could have put that game away......not to mention the fact the Giants went into a Defensive and Offensive shell with too much time on the clock........just like they did back in the 49ers game......realistically that game should have been a stompimg by us.....we let them off the deck

Yes. We know that. That was last week, jack. We're facing the Packers now.

Giants' Tuck fires back at Strahan

First things first for Justin Tuck on the subject of Michael Strahan:

“I love him; he’s my guy. I wouldn’t be where I am today without his guidance and the things he taught me,” the Giants defensive end said yesterday.

But that affection doesn’t, in Tuck’s mind, give Strahan the green light to bash the Giants. Tuck believes Strahan went over the line in his critique of the way the Giants melted down in their 38-31 loss to the Eagles, allowing 28 points in the last eight minutes.

“I’m sure we lost a lot of games when Strahan was here, too,” Tuck said, clearly not kidding. “He always sacked the quarterback every pass play, too.”

Strahan, speaking Tuesday on the “Dan Patrick Show” on FOX Sports Radio, said his former team “should be ashamed of themselves” for the way they blew the lead and the game. Strahan said the Giants “got soft and relaxed.”

“The end of the game was fitting because you don’t let a team back in when you’re up like that,” Strahan said. “The Giants have not finished. I don’t know if they know how to finish, and they need to learn how if they expect to do anything this year. You have to have a killer instinct. You have to finish teams.”

Strahan stopped by and addressed the defense earlier this season. Tuck doesn’t know why his buddy had to come down hard this time.

“I don’t understand how — I’m not saying he’s not on our side – but he’s talking to us one day and the next day you say that,” Tuck said. “If I’m in that situation I might just close my mouth and say nothing. He’s entitled to his opinion and I’m entitled to not really care.”

Strahan used the word “ashamed” to say how he felt the Giants should feel.

“I’m not ashamed, I don’t think anyone in this locker room should be ashamed,” Tuck said. “We played a great 52 minutes and it just wasn’t for us. Sometimes things happen you have no explanation about it. And I don’t have any explanation. I’m not making excuses. We played like crap those last eight minutes but I would never start saying things like that ain’t never happened to anybody else.”

Tuck recalled the 2006 loss in Tennessee, when the Giants blew a 21-0 fourth-quarter lead.

“Strahan was on that team and we lost that game,” Tuck said. Reminded that Strahan was injured and did not play in that game, Tuck added, “He was on the team, we fed off his leadership. We’ve all had times in our careers and times we’ve been on teams when things didn’t go our way, I don’t start pointing fingers.”

This was not playful banter. Tuck was bothered by the remarks.

“I am kind of upset,” he said, “but me and Stray will talk about. Other than that I’m just focused on Green Bay.”

How come Tiki was never allowed to his opinion?

Tikis being a prick.. and even most of us fans have forigen him and remember him for his superb play on the field. Strahan called it how it was and I don't think he meant to offend anyone.

well stra, you were the one who put your arms around TO in 2002 and pointed to the scoreboard. That said, Tuck is coming off like a crybaby. Shut up and win.

He was also the one to pin himself down on SF offensive player (Garrison Hearst????) and draw a pivotal delay of game penalty.....

Tikis being a prick.. and even most of us fans have forigen him and remember him for his superb play on the field. Strahan called it how it was and I don't think he meant to offend anyone.

LOL

Tiki just came out in support of the team and Coughlin

called last week bad luck, and lets move on

I think you have your villains backwards :rolleyes:

And clearly, Justin Tuck is completely retarded. He's speaking exactly how we don't WANT players who played in that game to speak...like it just wasn't their day. It clearly was their day they just decided to play like crap in the second half. It was their fault, own up to it, move on, and get better next week. Jesus H. Christ....you didn't lose because it was predetermined you were gonna lose and 'not your day', you lost because you gave up 4 touchdowns in 8 minutes.

I'm with Strahan in this one. They should be completely and utterly ashamed.

And clearly, Justin Tuck is completely retarded. He's speaking exactly how we don't WANT players who played in that game to speak...like it just wasn't their day. It clearly was their day they just decided to play like crap in the second half. It was their fault, own up to it, move on, and get better next week. Jesus H. Christ....you didn't lose because it was predetermined you were gonna lose and 'not your day', you lost because you gave up 4 touchdowns in 8 minutes.

I'm with Strahan in this one. They should be completely and utterly ashamed.

Agreed. Ashamed, and hopefully angry.

The day Strahan retired from the Giants he became the biggest Cowboys fan in the world. Unless the Giants beat them then he is all up in JJ's face even after picking the Cowboys to win himself, but he picks Dallas every year to win the SB and always picks to them beat the Giants. He's worse then Tiki in my mind in his post Giants career

The day Strahan retired from the Giants he became the biggest Cowboys fan in the world. Unless the Giants beat them then he is all up in JJ's face even after picking the Cowboys to win himself, but he picks Dallas every year to win the SB and always picks to them beat the Giants. He's worse then Tiki in my mind in his post Giants career

LOL love your jersey, and we will whip thier asses in the playoffs.......this time no foot off the neck, chop it off

Strahan is the worlds biggest self promoting ass........I like Tiki, the greatest RB in Giants history, Strahan should have stuck to football...........I dont see any future for him in entertainment other than as "Clarence the Clown"

BTW when he joined that show it became a living joke...........why not put 10 guys on the desk to interrupt each other

Its a pathetic display of poor television and Strahan is the biggest CLOWN :freaked: ...........Terry and Howie are Giant haters too but they keep it cool

Why oh why must we watch those 4 clowns every week and the Giant hating Troy and "the Midget" team to boot.....makes me want to puke listening to them

i love strahan.

LOL.....Tiki did the same thing. No matter what anyone says, or tries to make it seem different, this is the same thing Tiki did. Tiki wasnt wrong, and Stra isnt wrong. Tell em what they need to hear, that was complete and utter bullshit losin that game that way. Carry on. :TU:

It would have been better received if he did not "divorce" himself from past disasters and be supportive as well as being a scold. Then it would have been better received. I mean you had someone who pointed at a scoreboard and was part of a historic playoff collapse telling others they should be ashamed of themselves. It would have been better if he had said "hey as a retire Giant I went through what these guys are going through right now...and I was both embarrassed and ashamed of what happened...its probably how the guys are feeling right now". Its not so much what you say but the tone/context that makes the difference. All this being said there are two more games to be played this season and like a cornerback you have to have a short memory and move on.