SportsWrath

ESPN is whacked out

JackStroud

They keep playing the Eagles last play over and over and over again

They are trying to pretend the UCONN women are in a league with John Wooten's teams

The UCONN women could not beat the UCLA Freshmen mens players

They would not be able to beat any of the top 100 Mens High School teams......give me a break

I have avoided ESPN and any outlet that might mention the game - no Sirius NFL, no FAN, nothing.

On the other issue, as a woman's sports coach, I believe you are missing the point. Teams and players can only be judged against their contemporaries.

I have avoided ESPN and any outlet that might mention the game - no Sirius NFL, no FAN, nothing.

On the other issue, as a woman's sports coach, I believe you are missing the point. Teams and players can only be judged against their contemporaries.

I'm not missing any point..........its ESPN that compares them to UCLA

Even the CT womens coach agrees with me

That's tru Jack... Why so many threads?

I'm bored........one of the good things happening for me this year was the Giants........I was left speechless on Sunday

I ask myself what would Coughlins alter ego- General Patton have done in this crisis?...... KICKED ASS

It was right about this exact day in 1944 in a horrible snow and cold he marched his army due North at lightning speed to Bastogne and blew the Nazis to Kingdom Come

Whats is not being talked about is the excellent chance we meet he Eagles for as 3rd time this year in the city of brotherly love and crush them like a bug...........that would make me feel a lot better

I dont think if we get them down by 21 another time we take our feet off the gas again

I agree....people need to stop denigrating their accomplishment because they are not men. Believe most people who follow basketball at any level could really care less about UCLA's former record. :rolleyes:

Yeah, easy there. I loved those UCLA teams. My cousin was at Christ the King HS while then Lew Alcindor was there. I became a huge UCLA fan when he went there. Saw them in the Garden with Curtis Rowe, Lynn Shackleford....then came the Walton era. They played with beautifully crafted precision, under a great man - John Wooden. I use his quotes with my teams frequently.

Nobody is suggesting for a moment that the uconn women could beat UCLA men, only that the UCONN women had a longer streak among their contemporaries than UCLA did against theirs and it's just as big an accomplishment.

I'm bored........one of the good things happening for me this year was the Giants........I was left speechless on Sunday

I ask myself what would Coughlins alter ego- General Patton have done in this crisis?...... KICKED ASS

It was right about this exact day in 1944 in a horrible snow and cold he marched his army due North at lightning speed to Bastogne and blew the Nazis to Kingdom Come

Whats is not being talked about is the excellent chance we meet he Eagles for as 3rd time this year in the city of brotherly love and crush them like a bug...........that would make me feel a lot better

I dont think if we get them down by 21 another time we take our feet off the gas again

I hope someone else takes out the Eagles and we don't see them til next year, personally.

not me I want to see the Giants whip their asses in a game that really hurts - the playoffs

We probably wouldn't beat them. They have our run game playbook (apparently) and have FAR more speed on offense than we do on defense.

We probably wouldn't beat them. They have our run game playbook (apparently) and have FAR more speed on offense than we do on defense.

your opinion

had we had our usual running game we would have beaten them by 50 points

Coughlin re-shuffled the oline and the rest is history