SportsWrath

The Official Keep Tom Coughlin Thread

Mr. P

me too

put him in charge of parking lots and concessions

they will be very organized and beer will probably be banned after halftime

Also all fans will have to be in the stadium 5 minutes before kick off and the gates will then be locked

NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!! :smartass:

2rhnudf.gif

is this necessary? geez it looks like the giants board in here today.

im just countering jack's perry for hc thread.

i think if youre gonna complain about thread creations pick any of jacks 12 in the last 2 days.

im just countering jack's perry for hc thread.

i think if youre gonna complain about thread creations pick any of jacks 12 in the last 2 days.

i'm complaining about the board today in general. don't mean to single you out, P.

I really don't think this should be a debate but the media and plenty of fans are going to have knee jerk reactions to the worst regular season loss in this team's long history. I hope the players take a look in the mirror and take notice to the beating Coughlin is taking because of this. If any one of them had been able to make one single play in those final minutes this never happens.

I like that Fisher's teams ALWAYS play hard nosed, physical football and always seem to be competitive, even when they are not loaded with talent and especially when people start counting them out. Also, his smash mouth, run the ball/stop the run approach is perfect for us.

Entering this season, he ranks 20th on the NFL’s career head coaching wins list and third among active coaches (Belichick, 163; Shanahan, 154). Over the last 11 seasons (1999-2009), Fisher has guided the franchise to six playoff appearances – only three teams (Indianapolis, Philadelphia and New England) have more appearances during that time. During his tenure, his accomplishments include six playoff appearances (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008), three Division titles (2000, 2002, 2008), two AFC Championship Games (1999, 2002) and one Super Bowl berth (XXXIV). With 91 victories during the 2000’s, Fisher directed the franchise to the most successful decade in franchise history (1990’s – 88 wins).

Last season, Fisher led the Titans back from a stunning 0-6 start to win eight of the last 10 games to finish the season with an 8-8 mark. It was the first team in NFL history to win more than six games in a season after starting 0-6.

Hallmarks of a Fisher-led team include a stout rushing defense, the ability to possess the ball with a strong running game and poise in the midst of adversity. His ability to lead and shape a team is achieved through a combination of toughness and insight as a former NFL player. In 11 of the last 15 seasons, the Titans defense ranked in the top 10 against the run and ranks fourth in rushing defense over that period (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, San Diego). In 2003, the Titans finished first in the NFL in rushing defense for only the second time in franchise history (1993). Fisher believes in the philosophy that a strong running game helps control the clock and keeps your defense fresh. In 12 of the last 14 seasons, the Titans have finished in the top half of the NFL in rushing offense including seven Top 10 finishes. Additionally, in 12 of the last 15 seasons, the Titans have finished with an average time of possession number of more than 31 minutes for the season.

One of his best coaching jobs came in 2002. The Titans were poised to rebound from a disappointing 2001 season which was plagued by injury. Tennessee got off to a 1-4 start and people on the outside began to doubt, but Fisher kept the team on an even keel and rallied the players to win 11 of the next 12 games, capture the AFC South title and earn a place in the AFC Championship Game. Fisher recognized that it would take time for the team to come together as nine new starters became familiar with the "Titans Way" of football. The Titans thrived in 2002 against the best teams, posting an NFL-best (tied with Oakland) 6-2 mark against teams with a winning record during the regular season. For his accomplishments, he was named NFL Coach of the Year by Football Digest and AFC Coach of the Year by the 101 Awards in Kansas City.

me too

put him in charge of parking lots and concessions

they will be very organized and beer will probably be banned after halftime

Also all fans will have to be in the stadium 5 minutes before kick off and the gates will then be locked

NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!! :smartass:

beer is banned after halftime....

is this necessary? geez it looks like the giants board in here today.

Just something I've noticed there sure are a lot of cry babies on this board lately. And I'm no just talking about today or after our collapse on Sunday.

Everyone went and got serious while having a broom stick rammed up in their corn.

Lighten the fuck up.