SportsWrath

Eli is right....Only One Game

JMFP

Coughlin wears his emotions on his sweatsuit. After Jackson's return, he slammed around his clipboard and he yelled at Dodge. He appeared stricken.

"It's very, very difficult to discuss or talk about," Coughlin said. "As frustrating as it gets."

Somehow, this coach has to figure out how to beat the Eagles.

"Just one game," Eli Manning kept saying.

"Disastrous," Chase Blackburn said.

One of them will be proved right.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/12/20/2010-12-20_plenty_of_blame_for_all_but_coughlin_gets_most.html#ixzz18fdP68TR

Time for this team to pull its head out of its ass and move on.

Also interesting - the Giants went to a prevent in the 4th.....it didn't look like that to me, but that's what I'm reading today.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...l#ixzz18fdP68TR

Also interesting - the Giants went to a prevent in the 4th.....it didn't look like that to me, but that's what I'm reading today.

Here's what doesn't make sense about that to me - if they were in prevent, how do they keep losing contain on Vick? I read early in the week that they didn't want their pass rush to get up field beyond Vick but that's exactly what happened on those 20 & 30 yard scampers up the middle. If you're playing prevent on Vick, you have to "prevent" the run up the middle as much - or more - than the deep pass. Didn't look like that was happening to me.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/12/20/2010-12-20_plenty_of_blame_for_all_but_coughlin_gets_most.html#ixzz18fdP68TR

One of them threw 4 tds...and the other gave up Punt for a TD with 12 seconds left which appears to go right threw the gap he was responsible for.

C. Wagon

NY 38

GB 6

We're gonna roll those fuckers.

I didn't see any prevent D, though the way we got carved made it look that way. One thing I noticed in the 4th quarter was the amount of times Tuck and Osi both dropped into coverage, often at the same time.... I hate that. I didn't see Fewell calling that kind of D at all in the first 3 quarters. Or maybe I was just too stoned by the end of the game to realize what was going on.

This team is like robots with the media.

"Just one game"...say what? Yeah, one game for the division crown and a playoff birth. That makes me want to put my foot in his ass, not feel good about this team.

I'm gonna push one of my coworkers off the roof and when my boss asks "what the fuck did you do that for", I'm gonna say..."Just one employee".

Really, you guys did not see a prevent, I sure as hell did. I was also screaming at them before the Eagles kickoff as to watch for the 'onsides'. My wife hates football and asked me what i meant, and sure enough that was exactly what those dirty fers did. Sad part is, after hearing Tom C's presser afterward, he said also told his guys to watch for it. Really? So why did no one stay home? Where was the 'hands' team?

As for the prevent, I saw it the whole way. They laxed up on the pressure, they had Tuck and Osi floating in coverage. Sure seemed to me that they only prevented another win for themselves. Pressuring Vick was what had us up the way we were, so why back off. Typical Giants BS.

Damn, I want to know who I can sue for pain and suffering on this one. That was absolute cruel and unusual punishment in my book. Some needs to pay!

Oh and Manningham needs to have the damn ball stampled to his hand for the rest of the week on that plain stupid fumble. Dumbass started us down the toliet with that boneheaded play.

I mean come on, 21 points with 8 minutes, really, I cant count on a win there? Thanks.

Sorry, needed to vent

Really, you guys did not see a prevent, I sure as hell did. I was also screaming at them before the Eagles kickoff as to watch for the 'onsides'. My wife hates football and asked me what i meant, and sure enough that was exactly what those dirty fers did. Sad part is, after hearing Tom C's presser afterward, he said also told his guys to watch for it. Really? So why did no one stay home? Where was the 'hands' team?

As for the prevent, I saw it the whole way. They laxed up on the pressure, they had Tuck and Osi floating in coverage. Sure seemed to me that they only prevented another win for themselves. Pressuring Vick was what had us up the way we were, so why back off. Typical Giants BS.

The bigger issue though is why were Ross, Grant, or Rolle bringing the pressure while Osi or Tuck are in coverage. That right there was utter stupidity. I think Fewell dropped his playbook and accidentally picked up Sheridans. On that Celek TD when Phillips brain farted there should have been another safety back there but no they were bringing pressure. :ranting2:

The bigger issue though is why were Ross, Grant, or Rolle bringing the pressure while Osi or Tuck are in coverage. That right there was utter stupidity. I think Fewell dropped his playbook and accidentally picked up Sheridans. On that Celek TD when Phillips brain farted there should have been another safety back there but no they were bringing pressure. :ranting2:

Yeah, you have to wonder what the fuck was up with the Sheridan Cover.

In the 4th quarter, I'd have Osi, Tuck, JPP, and Canty rushing non-stop, or batting down passes at the line.

Drop Webster, Thomas, and Phillips deep.

Stick with Rolle, Boley, and Goff....shit, I might have pulled Goff for an extra safety.....let them rush up the middle for 5 yards every 30 seconds.

Yeah, you have to wonder what the fuck was up with the Sheridan Cover.

In the 4th quarter, I'd have Osi, Tuck, JPP, and Canty rushing non-stop, or batting down passes at the line.

Drop Webster, Thomas, and Phillips deep.

Stick with Rolle, Boley, and Goff....shit, I might have pulled Goff for an extra safety.....let them rush up the middle for 5 yards every 30 seconds.

Exactly. Give Vick the the underneath yards but don't let him gain/throw for big plays. When Vick had 2 big runs it's when he beat safety tackles (Grant went over him and Rolle missed). Why were they rushing to begin with?

Giants have to step up and win next week bottom line. They owe it to the fans for putting us through that shitstorm. And if that happens and they see the Eagles again they better end their fucking season. Yesterday changed everything for me it`s not entirely about the Super Bowl anymore. I know its one step at a time but I cant take another loss to philly and if theres an opportunity to destroy the dreams and hopes of that city they need to seize it.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...l#ixzz18fdP68TR

Eh...sort of. They definitely changed what they were doing.

Looked to me like they called off the mush rush in the 4th Q, began bringing just the four defensive linemen and dropped seven in coverage - looked like cover 2 to me.

They blitzed a lot, so I'm not real sure about this 'prevent' talk - but the blitzes were real straight forward, base defense stuff, nothing exotic like in the first half.

And I think the biggest factor is that earlier in the game the defensive linemen usually didn't come upfield after the QB, but in the fourth quarter they almost always did. How many times on those big Vick runs did we see the pocket open up to open field?... if the DL is just holding their lane and giving up the pass rush, Vick can't run like that. They changed it up and let Vick play his game.

This is not the first time this year I've taken issue with Fewell's in-game tactics. Way better than Sheridan, but still, I have to wonder if I was jumping the gun in wanting to name him apprentice head coach.

Eh...sort of. They definitely changed what they were doing.

Looked to me like they called off the mush rush in the 4th Q, began bringing just the four defensive linemen and dropped seven in coverage - looked like cover 2 to me.

They blitzed a lot, so I'm not real sure about this 'prevent' talk - but the blitzes were real straight forward, base defense stuff, nothing exotic like in the first half.

And I think the biggest factor is that earlier in the game the defensive linemen usually didn't come upfield after the QB, but in the fourth quarter they almost always did. How many times on those big Vick runs did we see the pocket open up to open field?... if the DL is just holding their lane and giving up the pass rush, Vick can't run like that. They changed it up and let Vick play his game.

This is not the first time this year I've taken issue with Fewell's in-game tactics. Way better than Sheridan, but still, I have to wonder if I was jumping the gun in wanting to name him apprentice head coach.

Looking on the bright side, by now they have to know what works and what doesn't with this team.

everyone's writing them off now. perfect storm

Yup.....can't say I blame them either. That was an epic collapse.

Oh well...like the QB says, it's in their hands.....maybe they'll play 60 minutes next Sunday. Who the fuck knows.

Good thing is, I'll be back east for Christmas, so my brother and I can watch the game together like the old days. It would be awesome if they clinch it.