SportsWrath

This is Old School Son

Chuck Wagon

I had a conversation with my son regarding his hoping the Giants would go to there 1980-2000 uniforms as their "throwback" uniforms with the GIANTS logo for a game this year.

I told him that they are currently wearing their "throw back" uniforms with the NY Logo...

Which got me poking around for some true old school...thought I'd share.

Joe Morrison was my favorite Giant of all time...I tried to take the name Ronald for my confirmation name..until my old man found out it was in honor of Ron Johnson..and made me pick a more traditional saints name.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Like being a little kid again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUoRWvkY_7E

C. Wagon

Good to hear Sumerall's voice. Rookie Don Hermann 3 TD's ( who went on to star for the Jets- we didn't like good receivers then)

OMG Dick Kotite caught a TD! who later became rich kotite, and destroyed 2 franchises with his 'coaching'.

LOLThanks for posting.

Good to hear Sumerall's voice. Rookie Don Hermann 3 TD's ( who went on to star for the Jets- we didn't like good receivers then)

OMG Dick Kotite caught a TD! who later became rich kotite, and destroyed 2 franchises with his 'coaching'.

LOLThanks for posting.

Figures you'd enjoy it Blu. :)

yeah...the Jets got Maynard from us too.

I never made the connection on Kotite. ...dawn that was a long time ago.

Man, I loved when they played at Yankee.....they didn't win al ot then...but it a cool venue....Summeral and Brookshire had them most division games for CBS...their back and forth was great when the Giants played the eagles ..one of the best broadcast teams ever IMO.

C. Wagon.

Figures you'd enjoy it Blu. :)

yeah...the Jets got Maynard from us too.

I never made the connection on Kotite. ...dawn that was a long time ago.

Man, I loved when they played at Yankee.....they didn't win al ot then...but it a cool venue....Summeral and Brookshire had them most division games for CBS...their back and forth was great when the Giants played the eagles ..one of the best broadcast teams ever IMO.

C. Wagon.

brookshire was most funny in the 3rd Q when he had the best drunk going. By the 4th Q he was disinterested. laugh.gif

I had a conversation with my son regarding his hoping the Giants would go to there 1980-2000 uniforms as their "throwback" uniforms with the GIANTS logo for a game this year.

I told him that they are currently wearing their "throw back" uniforms with the NY Logo...

Which got me poking around for some true old school...thought I'd share.

Joe Morrison was my favorite Giant of all time...I tried to take the name Ronald for my confirmation name..until my old man found out it was in honor of Ron Johnson..and made me pick a more traditional saints name.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Like being a little kid again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUoRWvkY_7E

C. Wagon

Nice find.....always loved the NFL background music.

Wow between the bump and run on defense; and the lower leg blocks on offense....wow brought back memories of my father's (my 5 year old ass was still a Jets fan...the next season I switched to the Giants because they had NY on their helmets and wore blue.. :P ) NFL. No wonder so many players of that era needed walkers in their early 50's. :o