SportsWrath

M Vick

Firstnten

Vick scumbage or second chance champion  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Vick have been let back in the league

• Yes he desrves a second chance
    • No

Absolutely he should be allowed. He did the crime. He paid the price. He's worked his way back. I've had friends go to prison for stupid ass things they've done. They've struggled to make their way back into a normal life. There's no need to condemn Vick forever.

Absolutely he should be allowed. He did the crime. He paid the price. He's worked his way back. I've had friends go to prison for stupid ass things they've done. They've struggled to make their way back into a normal life. There's no need to condemn Vick forever.

This

I don't think he should be punished twice for the same crime, nor do I think the NFL needs to be a vehicle for social justice. Though at the same time the NFL and whichever team he's on has to realise there's legitimate ill-will towards the guy from a lot of their customer base and they have to accept that their image will take a hit for playing him. It's up to them to decide if the positives outweigh the negatives.

yeah, i still think hes a scumbag but he deserves to be in the league.

What he said. But when I saw this headline, I thought someone resurrected a thread from 2 years ago. That ship has sailed.

Yes, he has served his time and paid his debt to society for the crimes he committed. He did not get off on anything, like some other NFL players have. I think it's great that he's not slipping back into criminal behavior, and is trying to integrate himself into society by doing what he does best.

If the NFL decides convicted felons belong in the game, then yes.

However, I know plenty of professions (my own included), where if I did what Vick did, I couldn't work.

This. If the NFL thinks "their brand" should spotlight thugs, then great. I think the NFL execs are pieces of shit in addition to Vick.

Yes, he has served his time and paid his debt to society for the crimes he committed. He did not get off on anything, like some other NFL players have. I think it's great that he's not slipping back into criminal behavior, and is trying to integrate himself into society by doing what he does best.

I dunno man... when the guy has a three-week stretch of multiple picks per game or the Eagles hit a losing streak, watch the fans turn on him... then watch him turn back into the asshole we all know and love.

I'm not saying he's the darling of the NFL, but at least he's in the NFL rather than doing other things.

So at least he's making several million dollars instead of his mistakes seriously effecting his life? He "lost" his fortune going to jail (I use that lightly even though it's what all the Vick defenders say, but in reality, the courts didn't take his millions away, he merely had to drop a couple hundred thousand or so in defense attorney and repay a mere 20 million of a 36 million signing bonus), did his time, but can anyone seriously say his life has been changed? Why, because he's no longer killing dog? Like people have said, if you or I did this, not only would we have served way more than Vick's 7 month "punishment", our lives and careers would be actually effected. Not just postponed.

They should have brought him back as a field maintenance man. So he could actually understand what a punishment really is about. You do illegal things with your money that you get for being blessed and talented enough to play a game, you don't get to play that game anymore. That should go for Ben Rapelisberger, Donte Stallworth, Marshawn Lynch, Burress and every other damn criminal athlete who gets superior treatment for playing a god damn game.

Like Seph said.....the NFL deserves the criticism......doesn't matter what your rap sheet is:

Dog Killer (Vick)

DWI Manslaughter (Leonard Little)

Obstruction of justice in an unsolved murder case (Lewis)

Texting your cock to some broad (Favre)

....... as long as you've got the skills to put asses in those PSL's, welcome to the NFL.

Could you imagine what would happen if you sent a picture of your junk to some woman at your office?

Like Seph said.....the NFL deserves the criticism......doesn't matter what your rap sheet is:

Dog Killer (Vick)

DWI Manslaughter (Leonard Little)

Obstruction of justice in an unsolved murder case (Lewis)

Texting your cock to some broad (Favre)

....... as long as you've got the skills to put asses in those PSL's, welcome to the NFL.

Could you imagine what would happen if you sent a picture of your junk to some woman at your office?

The Favre thing is a farce because clearly the NFL is stalling on their verdict of what punishment to hand Favre. Now that his playing streak is over and he may not play again it will be easy to suspend him.

The Favre thing is a farce because clearly the NFL is stalling on their verdict of what punishment to hand Favre. Now that his playing streak is over and he may not play again it will be easy to suspend him.

And the Farve thing is where they SHOULD throw all their power into punishing him as it was an NFL employee who was the victim. I'm guessing there's a lawsuit and settlement in the works already.

The whole league is becoming a joke.....they are heading toward the NBA.

Granted, there were some crazy fuckers back in the 1970's too (the entire Oakland Raider franchise, for example)....but back then, salaries weren't out of control, and the media coverage wasn't 24/7.

The whole league is becoming a joke.....they are heading toward the NBA.

Granted, there were some crazy fuckers back in the 1970's too (the entire Oakland Raider franchise, for example)....but back then, salaries weren't out of control, and the media coverage wasn't 24/7.

The only difference is the NFL knows that it will have millions of people who will tune into the game week in and week out and go to the game, regardless of what they do to it.

The NBA is having the problem of even having fans show up at their games.

The NFL is much like a big business, they can do what they want because they have the money and a support base in fans that wont turn away from the game.

And the Farve thing is where they SHOULD throw all their power into punishing him as it was an NFL employee who was the victim. I'm guessing there's a lawsuit and settlement in the works already.

Yeah to be honest I think it will be swept away and Favre will be told to just retire so it disappears. Considering I am sure this is what he will doing anyway it cleans up nicely for everybody. Now if he wasn't a HOF media darling he'd have already been suspended by now I am sure.

Yeah to be honest I think it will be swept away and Favre will be told to just retire so it disappears. Considering I am sure this is what he will doing anyway it cleans up nicely for everybody. Now if he wasn't a HOF media darling he'd have already been suspended by now I am sure.

Its a wonder why he wanted to have this average broad suck his cock when the media such as ESPN do such a great job of slicking his willie as is..... :smartass:

I see the second chance card has been pulled here, for all of you guys who think this guy should be allowed in the league. The incident in June during Vicks "white" party look up the facts. He shot Quanis Phillip.

First off he broke parole by hanging with this guy, and admitted to doing so in an SI article. <parole violation>

2 facts to consider he fought in public with Phillips, 15 minutes after his altercation with phillips, phillips was shot.

No one was prosecuted for the shooting, and the suspects name was not released to the public.

Did your friends physically drown dogs in a kiddie pool? Hang animals for fun?

I see a big distinction between the two, Vick was convicted of Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities, not for animal abuse. Vick is a sick fucked up individual.

he did his time and did it like a man........."let yee amongst yee who has not sinned throw the 1st stone"

Vick wa a product of the culture he grew up in.......he admitted police were amongst the bettors and supporters of the dogfights and I believe him

worry more about the aged clueless HC we have to try to overcome to win another trophy.......if we had a geed special teams coach he could be a complete figurehead and allow others to call the shots