SportsWrath

This does not feel like a win

Lubeck

Eli was bad.

Viking receivers were able to get open easily...and in a manner we have seen all to often. Wide open on zone coverages that didn't cover shit.

Really what saved this game was the running game. And the attempt at that only came well after everything else failed. The saddest part is that Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen identified TC going to Gilfuck and telling him to focus on the run game before any serious attempt was made to establish the run.

This team is not complete enough to make a serious impact in the post season. The defense is weak against the pass. The offense is weak to move the ball. And I really don't see any quick fixes that can change either of those conclusions.

They get a pass from me, must have been extremely hard to focus this week with the lay over, unsure where/when/if the game was going to be played. They still managed to run the ball very well and hold one of the best backs in the game today to just a handfull of yards.

Not to mention the difficulty of not looking ahead to next week against the Eagles.

They get a pass from me, must have been extremely hard to focus this week with the lay over, unsure where/when/if the game was going to be played. They still managed to run the ball very well and hold one of the best backs in the game today to just a handfull of yards.

Not to mention the difficulty of not looking ahead to next week against the Eagles.

That is the saving grace from this game even with all the distractions they won. I just worry becaue for numerous weeks now there has been no pass defense.

A win on the score card is one thing. How that W was earned is nother. How they played this evening does not inspire me at all.

different views i guess, im not gonna complain about a win under the circumstances, eli has always struggled against minny and finally got his first win against them, with all the traveling shit being stuck in kc and shit, pressures on right now and we got the win.

just seen differently through different sets of eyes i guess.

A win on the score card is one thing. How that W was earned is nother. How they played this evening does not inspire me at all.

Eli was atrocious , as he is every other week or so. With that inconsistent pass game, the NYG will not get to the playoffs and even if they do, will not fare well there. Eli needs to be kicked and realigned so he doesn't have these off games as often as he does. He is looking horrible this year. The running game and the defense is saving this team this season.

Feels like one for me, they stopped their running game and that is so important. So what if they let them have 6 decent gains passing. I am hoping to see them bring more pressure next week on the dog killer. Philadelphia has a much better receivers though. Gonna be interesting.

I'll take it.....the Giants realized pretty early that unless they (meaning Eli) continued to fuck up, there was no way Tavaris Jackson was going to win that ball game.

Running attack looked great, defense dominated....Dodge actually looked good too.

Eli looking atrocious is probably because of having to work with different WRs almost every different week. He will need to get into rhythm and get his timing right by playing with his usual core for a couple weeks. We cant afford a game like this against Philly though. That is a must win for us. GB helped us a little with its egg laying prowess in Detroit.

Ahhhh I'm so glad someone brought this up... I too feel the same. We basically had to make sure Eli don't lose the game for us.... Eli's biggest problem is his inconsistency and it hasn't changed thru the years..... Rememmeber how we won the 07 superbowl?? It was our top notch defense and running the ball down the field. Yes Eli had a magical game vs the Pats but were we really expecting it from him??

He's a above avg QB and still could be great but he need to stop over thinking plays. As for the Philly game. The running game has to carry it.

Ahhhh I'm so glad someone brought this up... I too feel the same. We basically had to make sure Eli don't lose the game for us.... Eli's biggest problem is his inconsistency and it hasn't changed thru the years..... Rememmeber how we won the 07 superbowl?? It was our top notch defense and running the ball down the field. Yes Eli had a magical game vs the Pats but were we really expecting it from him??

He's a above avg QB and still could be great but he need to stop over thinking plays. As for the Philly game. The running game has to carry it.

Funny. The way I remember it was Eli playing a near flawless, albeit not spectacular game vs the Bucs.

A perfect 2 minute drill before the half to take the lead vs the cowboys to steal the momentum.

And a terrific game helped out by Plaxico owning whats his name in GB.

Eli had a helluva lot to do with the Giants winning that bowl game, giving all the credit to the defense is completely unfair and untrue.

And while he may have a clunker a few times a season, in the crunch time there are few better. If the defense is hitting on all cylinders, and the running game is doing what they have been, I am not worried about Eli losing us a big game.

I didn't get to see the game in the end. Obviously Eli didn't play great early but how can you be so critical of a defense that only gave up one field goal all game and made Adrian Fucking Peterson look like a chump?

We've only given up one passing TD in the last four games and that was in garbage time in the Skins game. I'm not worried about our secondary.

The defense gave up 3 points and 164 yards... and it does not feel like a win?

Both Giants RB's went over 100 yards on the day... and it does not feel like a win?

Did Eli look bad... yes. Did he look VERY BAD in the first half... yes. But the Giants dominated this game in every other aspect, and Eli even came around.

The defense gave up 3 points and 164 yards... and it does not feel like a win?

Both Giants RB's went over 100 yards on the day... and it does not feel like a win?

Did Eli look bad... yes. Did he look VERY BAD in the first half... yes. But the Giants dominated this game in every other aspect, and Eli even came around.

well said G ....................we played well enough to win the game with ease .......it says W in the column !

Funny. The way I remember it was Eli playing a near flawless, albeit not spectacular game vs the Bucs.

A perfect 2 minute drill before the half to take the lead vs the cowboys to steal the momentum.

And a terrific game helped out by Plaxico owning whats his name in GB.

Eli had a helluva lot to do with the Giants winning that bowl game, giving all the credit to the defense is completely unfair and untrue.

And while he may have a clunker a few times a season, in the crunch time there are few better. If the defense is hitting on all cylinders, and the running game is doing what they have been, I am not worried about Eli losing us a big game.

That TD drive at the end of the first half last night was a thing of beauty. He was like 6 of 7 with the TD to the Bossman (who really needs to get the ball more). Every time Eli screws us in the beginning of the game I just remember that there is no one I want back there with the game on the line or in the 2 minute offense than Eli Manning.

That TD drive at the end of the first half last night was a thing of beauty. He was like 6 of 7 with the TD to the Bossman (who really needs to get the ball more). Every time Eli screws us in the beginning of the game I just remember that there is no one I want back there with the game on the line or in the 2 minute offense than Eli Manning.

Didn't Boss drop 3 in a row in one drive?