SportsWrath

Albert Haynsweorth

Virginia Giant

It's getting ugly in DC, I see the skins parting ways with Alberts pretty soon. Is there any chance at all we could get him, terms of trade or whatever? I'm not the smartest in footballs trade deadline/waivers/etc. If there was one guy out there who could make this defense stupid good it's Albert. Could you imagine the big man crashing the middle while the edge guys do their thing?

if we could get fat albert cheap it would be worth a try but hes not too mobile, and his best years are behind him

its been ugly since shannahan got there no news there

the skins need to many things to mention

#1 a DC, #2 a real QB, #3- RBs.............I could go on and on here

Well if by some type of Jesus on water trade the redskins are crazy enough to give us fatty Al. They would demand a shit load!!! Like part of that garentee money, one or two of our players and/or draft picks. But what they really deserve is a 4 round pick and part of that garentee money...

I'm thinking he could be had for a 2nd and taking on part of the garauntee. He of course brings a lot of baggage, but Shanahan misshandled that from the start, jusrt like McDaniels did with Cutler. Not saying he wasn't a dick before but given the proper sytem (which I think he fits us well) and the right motivation (he stilll wants to be the best DT ever) he could be a beast in the middle of our line.

But, has the deadline passed? I'm really unsure how that all works in the nfl, perhaps for next season.

The NFL deadline is after six weeks so yeah the only way to get him is either on the waiver wire (NO one is going to grab him there since you have to pick up his contract) or pick him up later.

I don't know in whose favor I would say extending the trade deadline falls into, owners vs players, but the new CBA HAS to move the trade deadline later into the season. The deadline needs to be at a time period where there are teams clearly out of the running and willing to give up some players.

The NFL deadline is after six weeks so yeah the only way to get him is either on the waiver wire (NO one is going to grab him there since you have to pick up his contract) or pick him up later.

I don't know in whose favor I would say extending the trade deadline falls into, owners vs players, but the new CBA HAS to move the trade deadline later into the season. The deadline needs to be at a time period where there are teams clearly out of the running and willing to give up some players.

I think that's exactly why the deadline is so early, to prevent that kind of thing.

I think that's exactly why the deadline is so early, to prevent that kind of thing.

So in whose favor is that? The owners of playoff teams I could see wanting access to quality players to reinforce their teams down the stretch. The players could want to go from a losing team to a contending team. I know it isn't like baseball where individual performance is the key to success not knowing the gameplan/team system but why not move the deadline?

So in whose favor is that? The owners of playoff teams I could see wanting access to quality players to reinforce their teams down the stretch. The players could want to go from a losing team to a contending team. I know it isn't like baseball where individual performance is the key to success not knowing the gameplan/team system but why not move the deadline?

I'd be surprised if it wasn't the NFLPA that lobbied for it. The salary cap would negate baseball-like trades but I'd hate to see some team buy a championship by cherrypicking talent from sub-playoff teams late in the season.

I'd rather just line 400 pounds of shit at the DT spot then trying to having Haynesworth out there, seriously the guy is on the field for maybe 4/10 defensive plays.

I think last year when he was a free agent and people we're saying to give the fat slob a chance I was heavily apposed, nothing has changed.

I'm thinking he could be had for a 2nd and taking on part of the garauntee. He of course brings a lot of baggage, but Shanahan misshandled that from the start, jusrt like McDaniels did with Cutler. Not saying he wasn't a dick before but given the proper sytem (which I think he fits us well) and the right motivation (he stilll wants to be the best DT ever) he could be a beast in the middle of our line.

But, has the deadline passed? I'm really unsure how that all works in the nfl, perhaps for next season.

Yeah it would be great to have that force in the middle but is it really worth it?? Giants already invested a shit load on bernard and canty. I know it might have not really paid off but neither are we really unhappy with the CURRENT line chemisty. Skins aren't stupid enough to send Albert our way and we won't risk it neither... Wish it's like fantasy football where money ain't consider.

It's getting ugly in DC, I see the skins parting ways with Alberts pretty soon. Is there any chance at all we could get him, terms of trade or whatever? I'm not the smartest in footballs trade deadline/waivers/etc. If there was one guy out there who could make this defense stupid good it's Albert. Could you imagine the big man crashing the middle while the edge guys do their thing?

the problem is Albert Haynesworth does not crash the middle. And no Tom Coughlin could not change his ways.

You can't be serious VG.

Barry Cofield is so underated it's not funny. They need to lock him up for the next few seasons and stay away from that piece of shit. Shanahan didn't mishandle him, he didn't make him put on weight or miss fitness goals. And he certainly had nothing to do with his dickheadness last year. He's a disgrace,for the money he's making he should be playing up front on his own in Storm's 1-9-1 scheme.

Cofield should be signed, dump Rocky Bernard and have Cofield and Lindval Joseph head up the middle next year with Canty backing them up.

You can't be serious VG.

Barry Cofield is so underated it's not funny. They need to lock him up for the next few seasons and stay away from that piece of shit. Shanahan didn't mishandle him, he didn't make him put on weight or miss fitness goals. And he certainly had nothing to do with his dickheadness last year. He's a disgrace,for the money he's making he should be playing up front on his own in Storm's 1-9-1 scheme.

Cofield should be signed, dump Rocky Bernard and have Cofield and Lindval Joseph head up the middle next year with Canty backing them up.

1-0-10*

lol...The Binary