SportsWrath

Best performance yesterday?

Treehugger

I vote for Corey Webster. After the announcers talked all damn game about the Skins scheming to limit Manningham and Hagan bitching their other CB, it took them 'til the fourth quarter to realise that Webster had SHUT DOWN their #1 WR. Great work from a quiet achiever.

I vote for Corey Webster. After the announcers talked all damn game about the Skins scheming to limit Manningham and Hagan bitching their other CB, it took them 'til the fourth quarter to realise that Webster and SHUT DOWN their #1 WR. Great work from a quiet achiever.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. How many times have you called Corey Webster's number this season? If you don't hear about the guy on the other team's #1, he's doing a hell of a job.

However, if the Redskins had Sinorice Moss instead of Santana as their #1, he would have been victimized for 567 yards and 8 TDs.

Surprisingly enough, or maybe not, I would go with Devin Thomas here.

He stayed home and had a big hit on Banks on the fake reverse return early

He downed a punt inside the 10

He blocked ( well "tipped" technically ) a punt in the 4th quarter.

Not sure whether he was just proving something to his old team or if, after getting cut by 2 clubs this year, he realizes that trying hard on special teams is maybe not such a bad idea. If he plays with that kind of fire again this week though, I think Cruz and Calhoun should both start worrying

Not sure whether he was just proving something to his old team or if, after getting cut by 2 clubs this year, he realizes that trying hard on special teams is maybe not such a bad idea. If he plays with that kind of fire again this week though, I think Cruz and Calhoun should both start worrying

I almost started a thread about Devin Thomas but I thought it would be premature. He played very well on STs but as blunatic posted it seemed like most the Redskins would rather be playing golf. Hopefully he continues to play well and Ware on returns could make the STs unit much less of a liability. Hell Tynes has been decent so if Dodge gets his consistency up and with these no turnover games the Giants could be looking at a playoff run. :thumbs:

I almost started a thread about Devin Thomas but I thought it would be premature. He played very well on STs but as blunatic posted it seemed like most the Redskins would rather be playing golf. Hopefully he continues to play well and Ware on returns could make the STs unit much less of a liability. Hell Tynes has been decent so if Dodge gets his consistency up and with these no turnover games the Giants could be looking at a playoff run. :thumbs:

Thomas was good yesterday. Sintim has been good on ST for the past 4 games. That new formation they use on kickoffs is the real star I think.

They must've been easy to scout in regards to their gaps. Now, the fast guys get their fast. Which is also why 57 hasn't been in on as many tackles.

apparently he is a pretty classy kid as well

This was clipped from a Washington Post article:

Coach Mike Shanahan said he is rooting for Devin Thomas, the wide receiver he cut in January who has been picked up by the New York Giants. Shanahan said the two spoke Sunday after the Redskins loss to New York.

"I got a chance to talk to [Devin] after the game," Shanahan said. "He was nice enough to wait for me. I was one of the last ones to leave, and I had a great conversation with [Devin]. I told him I was really rooting for him, because I really like him as a person.

"We had a great conversation. It was very thoughtful. I was very proud of the way he handled himself, both on the field and off. The way he played, and the way he handled himself afterward, you can tell that he's a guy that's growing up and I think is headed in the right direction."

and this tidbit from London Fletcher was in the daily news

"Obviously, you don't want a guy who you released to make plays against you," said Redskins co-captain London Fletcher. "He's a big guy. He can run and tackle, but we needed him to make plays as a receiver. "

good signs if we are focussed on a guy helping coverage teams down the stretch

Excellent point...we haven't had much to complain about our special teams as of late...I don't know if it's the additions of Clayton and Thomas to the special teams squads or a change in schemes but you're right, Devin Thomas had a monster game on special teams. But Matt Dodge still sucks.

I think you gotta go with Brandon Jacobs...I saw moves from him that I never thought a big man could pull off...he's being patient when he needs to and hitting the hole hard when he needs to, also. I was really surprised he only got 8 carries. I wouldn't have even handed Bradshaw the ball till the 3rd quarter....

Fuck.. I agree with every post in this thread... you guys are good :TU:

I think I'm gonna go to the P&R section and start a thread about Jews. brb

Speaking of which, I sat next to a guy originally from Israel...had been a Giants fan for like 20 some odd years, don't ask me how he found a way to follow them without internet or them being shown on TV back then...

Speaking of which, I sat next to a guy originally from Israel...had been a Giants fan for like 20 some odd years, don't ask me how he found a way to follow them without internet or them being shown on TV back then...

Yea sorry.. I lived up to my promise link

Tell my brother in Israel we all bleed blue... Navy blue though. :D

Excellent point...we haven't had much to complain about our special teams as of late...I don't know if it's the additions of Clayton and Thomas to the special teams squads or a change in schemes but you're right, Devin Thomas had a monster game on special teams. But Matt Dodge still sucks.

I think you gotta go with Brandon Jacobs...I saw moves from him that I never thought a big man could pull off...he's being patient when he needs to and hitting the hole hard when he needs to, also. I was really surprised he only got 8 carries. I wouldn't have even handed Bradshaw the ball till the 3rd quarter....

Well he felt that even if he had 200 yards a game Bradshaw will still be getting his carries and the starting position back. I must admit he was being patient and seeing the holes very well yesterday. If he keeps playing like that it'll be much harder to take the ball out of his hands.