SportsWrath

Burress On Radar For 2 Teams, Rosenhaus Says

Mr. P

But why, Because we have people hurt?

Signing a guy now doesn't help. He doesn't know the offense. He would just be a warm body out there (ex. clayton)

You need guys that have been there for the whole offseason and season so they know the offense.

And going into to this season I was very happy with our WR's and wouldn't have wanted a veteran coming in a taking valuable playing time away from our young group of WR's

Not right now, unless he's out of prison already. Plax doesn't know Gillbride and Tom's offense? Have they changed that much in the couple years Plax has been gone?

I like our guys too, but if we can get a pretty damned good player for a reasonable price I don't see the drawback. What, Manningham is going to fall behind because he won't be getting his couple looks a game when Nicks and Smith are healthy?

You can always push Manningham to the 4th spot. Or.. who said we can't have a WR rotation like we do with DLs?

ahhh i don't think the risk and reward is worth it... as much as i would like to have Burress back. I think it'll disturb the chemistry between the QB-WR group. Either he deserve it or not, Burress will feel entitle to have his top spot back. A tone is set in the group and i don't think the coaches would like to mess with it anyways.

Id take Plax back in a heartbeat. He would also play with a chip on his shoulder and has a chance to earn his respect back. Hell....Vick did a lot of way nastier things and he is making the most of his second chance. This bum just shot himself by mistake. Id love to have him. Nicks might be developing into a great player etc etc yes, but as of now....all the WRs we have are lightyears behind what Plax brings to the table. Id WANT him back as a Giant.

I dis agree. I think bringing PLax back is a step backwards. Plax was an Awesome receiver he was very good and had awesome physical tools. But he lacked motivation at times it seemed to play hard, couple that with his locker room baggage and that he is now is his early to mid 30's I just to see really any upside to have him back.

Id take Plax back in a heartbeat. He would also play with a chip on his shoulder and has a chance to earn his respect back. Hell....Vick did a lot of way nastier things and he is making the most of his second chance. This bum just shot himself by mistake. Id love to have him. Nicks might be developing into a great player etc etc yes, but as of now....all the WRs we have are lightyears behind what Plax brings to the table. Id WANT him back as a Giant.

I think Nicks right now is damn near as good as Plax ever was for us, if not Better.

But I'd love to have Plax back for next season if he were had at a reasonable price and accpeted a role where he had to prove himself, start out fighting for the 3rd or 4th wr spot, work his way into the 3 wr sets and if he happens to outplay Smith or Nicks, so be it. Even after 2 years out of the league he would immediately demand attention being paid to him. Maybe not full out double coverage but there would be a lb or safety shading to his side.

I dis agree. I think bringing PLax back is a step backwards. Plax was an Awesome receiver he was very good and had awesome physical tools. But he lacked motivation at times it seemed to play hard, couple that with his locker room baggage and that he is now is his early to mid 30's I just to see really any upside to have him back.

At his worst teams still planned for him/ With Plax we won a super bowl and started out the next season at like 11=1 before he got hurt, and his stats weren't all that great, teams just gave him extra attention. I wouldn't be worried at all about any locker room or motivational stuff. He's been humbled losing it all and going to the clink, a guy that was at the top of his game losing everything? He'd come out plenty moticated. The only thing you might question is his ablity at his age the being out of the game, but while he will be rusty, he's also fresh.

That said, Blu is right, I can't see him back in NY. He'll end up in San Diego or Cleveland or Washington.

That said, Blu is right, I can't see him back in NY. He'll end up in San Diego or Cleveland or Washington.

Cleveland's a good choice. He can wallow in obscurity there. Cincinnati is too gangster, Maybe the Rams with Spagnola.

Cleveland's a good choice. He can wallow in obscurity there. Cincinnati is too gangster, Maybe the Rams with Spagnola.

The Rams are a great guess, I can totally see that happening. I'm starting to pull for Bradford because he's surpasing my expectations, and I quietly pulls for the Rams because of Spags, so yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Plax go there.

Seahawks are a possibility too.