SportsWrath

Burress On Radar For 2 Teams, Rosenhaus Says

Mr. P

YAeP2.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick just might be the first person to go from prison to Pro Bowl caliber play.

Former Giants receiver Plaxico Burress intends to do the same.

Two teams have stayed in contact with Burress' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, about the availability of his client while the receiver finishes his prison sentence.

Burress' release date still is pending, but Rosenhaus expects him to be available for the start of training camp.

"I'm very confident that Plaxico will be playing next season in the NFL," Rosenhaus said in a text message.

Rosenhaus declined to specify the two teams interested in Burress. But last offseason, the New York Jets explored the possibility of signing him and some around the league thought the Giants would be open to bringing him back.

Washington also is expected to be looking for a receiver. But according to Rosenhaus, Burress already is square on the radar of two NFL teams.

Burress went to prison in September 2009 for violating New York's stringent gun laws and was expected to serve 20 months with credit for good behavior. Burress comes up for potential full release on June 6, 2011. He also will be on probation for two years.

The charges stemmed from an incident in the fall of 2008 in which Burress accidentally shot himself in the thigh at a Manhattan nightclub with a gun that had not been licensed in New York.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5859464&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5859464

I hope he makes a comeback.

i really want him back.. but with the emergence of Nicks.. i find it hard to have him on the team... let's just hope he doesn't go anywhere in the division.. maybe the RAMS..

You can always push Manningham to the 4th spot. Or.. who said we can't have a WR rotation like we do with DLs?

yeah cause Moss is really tearing it up this year. Look at all he has accomplished in NE, Min, And Tenn

Well, Minnesota and Tennessee haven't really accomplished anything either. Tough when Brett Favre and Kerry Collins/Rusty Smith are throwing to you. And he was doing decent with Brett Favre, actually.

Decent does not balance the scales for a Malcontent Diva WR that he is.

But it certainly provides pretty solid depth for your starting wide receivers. Now desperately needed depth. And like Nas said, Manningham could easily be moved down to 4th.

We have good depth. How many teams loose 3 of their Wr's in a few weeks. No team can survive that kind of attrition to one position. Yet we are managing.

Get a grip on yourselves. Both Nicks and Smith are going to be back within 2-3 weeks and then were only down Barden.

Smith, Nicks, Manningham is one hell of a trio of WR's

We have good depth. How many teams loose 3 of their Wr's in a few weeks. No team can survive that kind of attrition to one position. Yet we are managing.

Get a grip on yourselves. Both Nicks and Smith are going to be back within 2-3 weeks and then were only down Barden.

Smith, Nicks, Manningham is one hell of a trio of WR's

Yup, we're a whopping 1-2 without them. 2-3 weeks and 2 more losses spells no playoffs for us. 10-6 is probably not going to cut it. Not in the division or wildcard.

Yup, we're a whopping 1-2 without them. 2-3 weeks and 2 more losses spells no playoffs for us. 10-6 is probably not going to cut it. Not in the division or wildcard.

We beat Jacksonville, I have confidence in us handling Washington. Then Comes Minny which even if they are not back yet I see us beating Minny also. Then we face the eagles at home. By that game we should not only have both of our Receivers back but also our O-line. And I see Eagles going 1-1 the next two weeks. So. That puts that game between us and Philly as the one that takes the division.

What would moss bring us. Besides a part time WR that can stretch the field and the other plays you might as well be playing with only 10 men on the field the way he takes plays off.

I can understand the desire to have Randy Moss on your team in years' past, particularly if you have a good QB and a winning team. But this year, I simply can't see how anyone would want that guy. He brings nothing to the table THIS year, that a guy off the street (such as Michael Clayton) could get you for less money and without the bullshit diva behavior. He's a terrible teammate, a divisive personality in the locker room, and all around overpaid jerk who doesn't work hard. At some point his physical attributes overcame a lot of this other negative stuff, but he is not that receiver anymore. Randy is done as a big time receiver.

I just don't see the reason to bring plax in. Nicks is blossoming nicely as a big play receiver. Smith is Money in the Slot and Manningham is a good compliment to Nicks. Another year in the system in With Barden and I think he will be quite servicable for the tall receiver in the Red zone. Combine that with Boss and Beckum at TE. Our receiving core is still young and improving and playing at a high level. I don't see the need for bringing in a Old veteran on the decline with baggage.

I just don't see the reason to bring plax in. Nicks is blossoming nicely as a big play receiver. Smith is Money in the Slot and Manningham is a good compliment to Nicks. Another year in the system in With Barden and I think he will be quite servicable for the tall receiver in the Red zone. Combine that with Boss and Beckum at TE. Our receiving core is still young and improving and playing at a high level. I don't see the need for bringing in a Old veteran on the decline with baggage.

You pretty much said it all. I will always be grateful for what Plaxico did as a Giant and how instrumental he was in winning the Super Bowl. The NFC Championship was one of the greatest big game performances by a wide receiver that I have ever seen. However, considering what the team has done personnel wise since his departure, and the way things ended between him and the Giants, it's not a road worth considering let alone traveling. I wish him the best and hope he can resurrect his career somewhere but it shouldn't be here.

You're right, but who's playing right now? If everyone stays healthy we'll be fine, but you can just look at this season, and the recent history of the Giants and in juries and realize we'll likely never have all 4 guys plus boss and beckum healthy at the same time after week 3 again.

Yes, but you can't sign 10 receivers as insurance. Football is a rough game, people get hurt. Look whats going on in Indy right now. It sucks but it is the nature of the beast.

The simple fact that we lost 3 of our top 4 receivers and still can field a receiving unit that is serviceable is a credit to the depth we have.

Yes, but you can't sign 10 receivers as insurance. Football is a rough game, people get hurt. Look whats going on in Indy right now. It sucks but it is the nature of the beast.

The simple fact that we lost 3 of our top 4 receivers and still can field a receiving unit that is serviceable is a credit to the depth we have.

Whos saying sign 10 players? I'm saying sign one guy for a bargain price who happens to be one of the best players at his position to have played for us.

But why, Because we have people hurt?

Signing a guy now doesn't help. He doesn't know the offense. He would just be a warm body out there (ex. clayton)

You need guys that have been there for the whole offseason and season so they know the offense.

And going into to this season I was very happy with our WR's and wouldn't have wanted a veteran coming in a taking valuable playing time away from our young group of WR's