SportsWrath

Injuries are killing this team

eagleEye

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c6dedd/article/giants-veteran-lt-andrews-taken-to-hospital-with-back-pain?module=HP_headlines

New York Giants left tackle Shawn Andrews did not practice Thursday due to continued back pain, and was later taken to a local hospital, The Star-Ledger reported Thursday, citing a source familiar with the situation.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

The team has yet to confirm whether Andrews was admitted, but a team spokesman said Andrews received "treatment," according to the newspaper.

Andrews was asked on Twitter if he visited the hospital.

"Still here smh (shaking my head)," he tweeted Thursday night.

Andrews did not practice Friday, according to the newspaper. If he is unable to face the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, Will Beatty will likely start in his place.

Andrews was limited in practice on Wednesday, and his back forced him to miss all of last week's practice leading up the Giants' NFC East showdown against his former team, the Philadelphia Eagles. He received an epidural late last week, according to the newspaper, and played the entire game.

The two-time Pro Bowl selection, who missed the majority of the last two seasons with back issues, was signed by the Giants (6-3) late in training camp after getting released by the Eagles in the spring.

Cornerback Aaron Ross also missed practice Friday for undisclosed reasons, according to The Star-Ledger, but Justin Tuck (quadricep) did participate, a good indicator he'll be ready to go against the Jaguars.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

If the NFL goes to an 18 game season we will never be in the playoffs again. :ranting2:

If the NFL goes to an 18 game schedule they should go to a 65 man team and let them dress 65

For the life of me, I don't understand the logic behind the current roster limits either. Players are dropping like flies....instead of all this horseshit shuffing around, teams should go into the season with bigger rosters.

If that were the case, we wouldn't need to IR guys that could now be helping us.

I hate to say it... but I don't think Andrews is going to be in blue next year. He's only been here for a few months and his back is acting up already.

There's a leap. Given his history of back issues and depression, I think he's already done more than they expected.

For the life of me, I don't understand the logic behind the current roster limits either. Players are dropping like flies....instead of all this horseshit shuffing around, teams should go into the season with bigger rosters.

If that were the case, we wouldn't need to IR guys that could now be helping us.

I

I remember in the past you could bring what was it two guys off of IR without worrying about them having to clear waivers. Its a money thing for the owners. They don't want to pay guys for sitting on the bench. Penny wise and pound foolish cause as your team is driving to the playoffs and instead of pulling one or two next level guys off of the bench you are pulling cats in off of the street. Remember that playoff game years ago against the Egals where we had the entire LB crew coming in out of the cold because all of our regulars were injured. Makes absolutely no sense. Its like Wall Street guys going for the short term quarterly profits guaranteed to spark a market crash....when they could play it safe and earn a few less billions and safeguard the countries economy.

All in the name of parity, Joe. Take a team like the Browns, who's 1st string all in all is marginally better than their first, but who's 2nd string is about equal to the Pats or Steelers (Due to high salaries of better players) and after a few injuries they are almost on equal footing.

At least thats my excuse.