SportsWrath

NY Giants Sign WR Michael Clayton

Mr. P

Big whoop. He's a step up from Duke Calhoun. Clayton won't make up the production we've lost.

Would you of rather the Giant's done nothing and gone into Jacksonville with just Manningham, Calhoun, Hegan?

He's not on the level of Nicks or Smith but he's better then Calhoun and Hegan, atleast they will need to put a CB on him.

Its a good start with Michael Clayton but I'm really hoping they shelve the 3 WR sets. If and when Kevin Boss is healthy, how about some 2 TE sets. We have 2 healthy rbs, how about putting them out there at the same time too. One thing is for sure, the offensive production we enjoyed has come to a sudden end.

Would you of rather the Giant's done nothing and gone into Jacksonville with just Manningham, Calhoun, Hegan?

He's not on the level of Nicks or Smith but he's better then Calhoun and Hegan, atleast they will need to put a CB on him.

This is a solid signing....I always thought Michael Clayton was going to be a star in this league...I had him on Fantasy a couple years back and he did alright...I think he was a rookie at the time, too....

Question, why was he not on a team this season? Does anyone know? I'm just surprised we were able tosign him this late in the season. Did he just not pick up with a new team? Was he injured?

This is a solid signing....I always thought Michael Clayton was going to be a star in this league...I had him on Fantasy a couple years back and he did alright...I think he was a rookie at the time, too....

Question, why was he not on a team this season? Does anyone know? I'm just surprised we were able tosign him this late in the season. Did he just not pick up with a new team? Was he injured?

Given the circumstances, it was good signing....Clayton is still pretty young, and he's healthy (at least right now, he is....I'm sure he'll twist something as soon as he puts on a Giant uniform).

Not sure why he fizzled at TB, but he was a very good rookie from what I understand.

They waived TE Jake Ballard to make room.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/11/giants_waive_tight_end_jake_ba.html

Its a good start with Michael Clayton but I'm really hoping they shelve the 3 WR sets. If and when Kevin Boss is healthy, how about some 2 TE sets. We have 2 healthy rbs, how about putting them out there at the same time too. One thing is for sure, the offensive production we enjoyed has come to a sudden end.

I think at this point Killdrive needs to be creative.....wouldn't mind both Bradshaw and Jacobs on the field....Bradshaw could be lined up in the slot....at least they both know the offense.

Jacobs has decent hands, he came down with a nice catch against the Eagles.

I'd rather see Bradshaw and Jacobs out there then some complete scrub.

I think at this point Killdrive needs to be creative.....wouldn't mind both Bradshaw and Jacobs on the field....Bradshaw could be lined up in the slot....at least they both know the offense.

This kind of scenario with numerous weapons missing demands creativity. Gilfuck hates creativity. I fully expect him to plug along with the same system regardless of the fact that there are so many new components. His base plan is so pathetically predictable so it can only get worse with fill ins.

1st Down: PASCOE SWING PASS

2nd Down: Not needed, we already scored.

One positive for Clayton: He already has a level of comfort with Eli Manning. The two were roommates and worked out together in Florida leading up to the 2004 NFL Draft.

“I would wake him up, get him in the car and we would go and work out every day. We had a great time down there,” Clayton said, though he admitted Manning stayed in his room at night to chat with now-wife Abby. “He was one of the guys that made everything comfortable for me. I had a great season my rookie year and a lot of what Eli did for me catching balls down there in Sarasota was a credit to him.”

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/11/once_an_afterthought_giants_no.html

I liked him when Marino was throwing to him and Duper.