SportsWrath

We'll see how good Coughlin and Manning are

JMFP

Agreed. Of course I live life with blue colored glasses on, but I think we can weather this storm. As long as no significant injuries happen to the D. And we will be getting our two starting WR's back for the playoff push. OLineman too, right?

Coughlin has to game plan with a patched-up team.

Eli has too make due with scrub receivers.

Prediction: They'll both make it work.

11-5 NFC East Title.

Carry on.

joe... you ARE the optimist.

9-7. We squeak into the playoffs.

Disclaimer: this assumes we eventually get some of the walking wounded back. Also assumes no more major injuries....two big IF's.

Fact is, that Philly game was never going to be easy.....I'd be a lot more depressed if we brought our "A" game and simply couldn't stop Vick.

Instead, our defense contained Vick, but our offense brought their "fucking stupid" game, and we lost by the length of Osi's outstretched fingers on that 4th down.

Disclaimer: this assumes we eventually get some of the walking wounded back. Also assumes no more major injuries....two big IF's.

Fact is, that Philly game was never going to be easy.....I'd be a lot more depressed if we brought out "A" game and simply couldn't stop Vick.

Instead, our defense contained Vick, but our offense brought their "fucking stupid" game, and we lost by the length of Osi's outstretched fingers on that 4th down.

The good news is if the Giants and Eagles play straight up (meaning, the walking wounded are magically healthy again)...the Giants win easily. I don't think the Eagles D can shut down a good running game, which the Giants have with a healthy OL, and even against the makeshift OL they got no pressure on Eli (which also speaks to how good Eli's pocket presence has become).

And Vick still has all the same weaknesses and tendencies... as always, a good defense will put him in his place. And on Sunday, if only the Giants had kept coming with what worked! I get that they need to mix it up so the offense can't adjust, but man, Vick had no answer for corner and safety blitzes in his face, and every NFC East fan knows that Andy Reid comes with his game plan, which is very good, but he sticks with it, through thick and thin. So next time around, don't fear the adjustment, keep pounding the plays that are effective until they prove they can adjust.

At least most of these injuries are temporary, few weeks out and back. We should see a full-strength Giants team before the season is out, I just hope it isn't too late by then.

The good news is if the Giants and Eagles play straight up (meaning, the walking wounded are magically healthy again)...the Giants win easily. I don't think the Eagles D can shut down a good running game, which the Giants have with a healthy OL, and even against the makeshift OL they got no pressure on Eli (which also speaks to how good Eli's pocket presence has become).

And Vick still has all the same weaknesses and tendencies... as always, a good defense will put him in his place. And on Sunday, if only the Giants had kept coming with what worked! I get that they need to mix it up so the offense can't adjust, but man, Vick had no answer for corner and safety blitzes in his face, and every NFC East fan knows that Andy Reid comes with his game plan, which is very good, but he sticks with it, through thick and thin. So next time around, don't fear the adjustment, keep pounding the plays that are effective until they prove they can adjust.

At least most of these injuries are temporary, few weeks out and back. We should see a full-strength Giants team before the season is out, I just hope it isn't too late by then.

The Chicago/Eagles game should be interesting.....I really think Fewell exposed a weakness that other teams are going to exploit, starting with a very solid Bears defense.

I don't think 9-7 is going to cut it for the playoffs this year.

Injuries and turnovers have just about cost us a playoff spot this season.

Things to consider: We are thin on the offensive line and wide receiver. I have seen no reason to believe that O'Hara is coming back. Diehl thinks he can be back in two weeks. We're down four wide receivers with only two coming back before the end of the season. They can bring in anyone they want but nobody is going to replace the production of Hicks and Smith.

Bradshaw is on pace to break Tiki Barber's fumbles in a single season and there is no reason to believe that he is going to stop coughing up the ball. With his production down drastically the last three games and his problems holding on to the ball, our running game is out of gas.

I don't blame Eli Manning for every single interception this year and he's running out of quality targets. We have been feasting on big plays down field and the guys who made those plays are out for 3 weeks.

The defense better start scoring points because I don't see much coming out of our offense for the next 6 games.

We have 6 games left in the season, 3 games against team currently in first place in their division or tied for first with only one of them having no impact on our NFC standings. The game next week against Jacksonville is the only one we could lose. Going 5-1 the rest of the season would make us a lock for the playoffs, as things stand now the team goes 3-3 and miss the playoffs.

Fact is, that Philly game was never going to be easy.....I'd be a lot more depressed if we brought our "A" game and simply couldn't stop Vick.

the dog is just asking for a little realism. Vick put up close to 300 yards of offense on his own (260 passing, 34 rushing). He was one 3 yard overthrow to a wide open jackson and/or one dropped pass by avant away from blowing the game wide open early. hardly contained. your argument could easily go the other way - if the eagles had brought their A game as they have in recent weeks, this game could have been a 4 score win for them. instead, there own turnovers lead to giant points, and by their own doing, they had to come back from a deficit that they gave away before winning in the end. in the end, this was a typical NFC east battle where the better team (for now) won.