SportsWrath

Sorry

so-cal dub

Elite QBs dont dive with nobody around them and cough up the ball and the game. Thats the 2nd time Eli has done that.

Good QB, not elite...

Have people been calling him elite?

I thought that thread was a joke, good QB, best the Giant's have had, no where near elite.

Elite QBs dont dive with nobody around them and cough up the ball and the game. Thats the 2nd time Eli has done that.

Good QB, not elite...

Exactly. The depleted oline doesnt cause him to make that mistake in a crucial part of the game. I don't know if anyone has ever though him to be elite - maybe the wish was there for the first couple years after he was drafted, but the reality is he is good, great when everything comes together. He requires a stong oline to be solid in his play and when he is solid in his play he is top tier. Right now he doesn't have tools in front of him to make him anywhere near top tier.

It was a mistake, trying to make sure he had the first. I won't condemn the effort. 2 bad games, we all figured they would lose this game anyway. The Eagles are riding high and it was at gtheir house, what else did you expect from a Giants/Eagles game. Our job is to come out vs the Jags and look like a team that pissed and refuse to lose.1 game back with our injuries, I'll take it.

The offense really, really, disappointed me, and Eli blew it. This loss is pretty much on the offense in general, and Eli Manning in particular. I really thought the Giants would need at least 28 points from the offense to have a shot. I give them credit for storming back, but they just blew it at the end. A real Championship team takes a 17-16 lead and marches down the field and gets at least a FG.

It wasn't all Eli, though....the receivers dropped several balls, and the usual Volleyball Interception play was in attendance as well. Not having Steve Smith is really hurting this team right now.

That scramble by Manning just flat out sucked. I get the fact that he'll never be known as a scrambler, but for f#cking crying out loud, he should know the proper way to slide by now. That just made me sick to my stomach. Seriously, he needs to practice that or something....but with our luck, he'd injure himself if he practiced it. But even without the slide, how difficult is it to simply wrap the ball with both hands, slow down, and fall?....this is something my 7 year old son can do.

If I were Coughlin, I'd take a net, and stuff it with one football for every turnover this year, and follow the team around with it....I'd put in on the cafeteria tables, in the meeting rooms, in the showers, on the bus, etc.

BOTTOM LINE: Thanks to numerous mental errors, the Giants are now on the outside looking in. If they are truly the championship caliber team I once thought they were, they'll go on another run. Here is where I am now: I'm not going to buy into the agony/ecstasy BS....However, I hope the media just drills the team about mental errors and turnovers.....maybe if Bradshaw and Manning get asked the same question 1,000 times about turnovers, it will sink in.

Good QB, not elite...

but, but wait. he answered questions in an interview last week, clearly making him elite. the dog won't stand for you saying anything less. every elite QB in his career (elway, marino, montana, peyton manning, tom brady...etc...etc...) has at one time in their career forced their own fumble while running untouched and pouncing on the ground. in fact, the dog would suggest that he also be considered an elite linebacker in the NFL, as very few can put a bone jarring hit on themselves causing a fumble....the dog can only sit and wait for more magical moments next week. is it possible to intercept your own passes? if so, the dog is sure he can do it...the dog just knows he can!!!!

It was a mistake, trying to make sure he had the first. I won't condemn the effort. 2 bad games, we all figured they would lose this game anyway. The Eagles are riding high and it was at gtheir house, what else did you expect from a Giants/Eagles game. Our job is to come out vs the Jags and look like a team that pissed and refuse to lose.1 game back with our injuries, I'll take it.

He was over 10 yards passed the first down marker. Eli's carelessness with the ball this year is absolutely inexcusable.

Hmm....its beginning to look like Coughlin didnt have much of a role in Tiki's case at all. It was all about the player himself realizing his flaw and correcting the technique. Its inexcusable to see so many players hold the ball like ass-wipes and fumbling repeatedly. Tiki corrected his own mistakes. These bums need to do the same.

Having said that, this team has begun its spiral once again. Not that it cannot be corrected, but with the injuries I find it hard to see it happening. Its time Coughlin is let go and Fewell given the reins to this team/

Hmm....its beginning to look like Coughlin didnt have much of a role in Tiki's case at all. It was all about the player himself realizing his flaw and correcting the technique. Its inexcusable to see so many players hold the ball like ass-wipes and fumbling repeatedly. Tiki corrected his own mistakes. These bums need to do the same.

Having said that, this team has begun its spiral once again. Not that it cannot be corrected, but with the injuries I find it hard to see it happening. Its time Coughlin is let go and Fewell given the reins to this team/

I find it funny how people say Fewell should be given the job, what has he done exactly to prove he is even worth a look at HC?

Baffles me that a guy who hasn't proven anything in this league and people want to hand him the HC job.

I find it funny how people say Fewell should be given the job, what has he done exactly to prove he is even worth a look at HC?

Baffles me that a guy who hasn't proven anything in this league and people want to hand him the HC job.

Hmm...youve got a point. Ok maybe not Fewell but at this moment (maybe end of season if the Giants fuck shit up this season as well), who would be the prime candidate? Would we go for Gruden or Cowher?

Hmm...youve got a point. Ok maybe not Fewell but at this moment (maybe end of season if the Giants fuck shit up this season as well), who would be the prime candidate? Would we go for Gruden or Cowher?

Gruden wont leave broadcasting, the guy is making more money then he would ever as a head coach and so far it seems he is enjoying it much more then he did coaching. Not to mention at the start of this broadcasting season he signed a three year contract with NBC or ABC, whoever he is with.

Cowher wont coach in the NFC, he's already stated it in a few interviews when there was heavy talk about him possibly coaching in Washington. He wants to stay in the AFC if he ever makes a come back to football.

Honestly who knows what the end of the season will bring, maybe the front office gives Coughlin another year or maybe they give him a front office position and then we are in the hunt for a new HC. I could see John Fox being kicked out of Carolina, he could possibly be someone to check out, maybe we can lure the Big Tuna out of retirement for a season or two let him rebuild a winning team.

He was interim HC for Buffalo so he has experience.

It was a mistake, trying to make sure he had the first.

Where you not wearing your galsses, or just drunker than a skunk?

He was atleast 8 yards passed the marker. He dove for a meaningless yard and cost the game.

BTW, I say elite QB because he's getting paid elite QB money.

Where you not wearing your galsses, or just drunker than a skunk?

He was atleast 8 yards passed the marker. He dove for a meaningless yard and cost the game.

BTW, I say elite QB because he's getting paid elite QB money.

Yep. And then there's the inexcusable interceptions that he's been throwing all season. And the high passes.

We were 17-16 up in this game with the ball. IMO, we had the chance to win the game. In the 2nd half we had gotten full momentum back. Eli totally blew it, and it's exactly that type of play that takes Eli out of consideration of the elite qb's of the game. We don't have to do that here, there's plenty in the NFL feel the same way. That was one of the most amatuer things I've seen and not only that, he's done it twice, you'd think he'd have learned after last years mess.

Am I the only one that heard the whislte blow? It looked like Samuel touched his leg and the whistle blew. Eli thought the play was over.

not even close. the dog loves defending until the end. the ball came out when he hit the ground. he didn't even have time to process the play being over...and he also immediately flailed his arms around clumsily trying to get the ball back. clearly there was no whistle until after the fumble, clearly little eli didn't think the play was over, and clearly you will have to do hard battle with joemorrisforprez to win eli's ultimate affections. the dog is giddy over the prospect of who will come out on top!

not even close. the dog loves defending until the end. the ball came out when he hit the ground. he didn't even have time to process the play being over...and he also immediately flailed his arms around clumsily trying to get the ball back. clearly there was no whistle until after the fumble, clearly little eli didn't think the play was over, and clearly you will have to do hard battle with joemorrisforprez to win eli's ultimate affections. the dog is giddy over the prospect of who will come out on top!

There was a whistle but since down by contact is able to be challenged, that was moot. But yah, he flailed around like a little child throwing a tantrum on the ground after he lost the ball. He knew it was a fumble.

Am I the only one that heard the whislte blow? It looked like Samuel touched his leg and the whistle blew. Eli thought the play was over.

Yeah the whistle blew, but all that means is the ball cannot be advanced by either team. They changed the rule after Ed Houchili's miss 2 years ago.

still the ball came out. I didn't hear a whistle and he wasn't touched.

still the ball came out. I didn't hear a whistle and he wasn't touched.

There was definitely a whistle, one of the officials thought it was a slide. The others (unfortunately, but correctly) disagreed.

But can we clear up one thing about that play? Eli was definitely TRYING to slide. If anyone has the stomach, watch the play again... if you watch for it, you'll see his left leg slip from under him just as he falls to the ground. For that play, the Eagles can thank their piss poor grounds keeping as much as they can thank Eli.

There was definitely a whistle, one of the officials thought it was a slide. The others (unfortunately, but correctly) disagreed.

But can we clear up one thing about that play? Eli was definitely TRYING to slide. If anyone has the stomach, watch the play again... if you watch for it, you'll see his left leg slip from under him just as he falls to the ground. For that play, the Eagles can thank their piss poor grounds keeping as much as they can thank Eli.

oh just stop it already. the man stumbled head first to the ground and caused his own fumble. the dog isn't sure it is possible to attempt a feet frist slide and "slip" in a way that would cause him to fall face first on the ground. if that is the case, then the dog would question paying an "athlete" at the professional level money with that low level of coordination. he is a solid QB that made a poor play and caughed up the fall foolishly. it happens...not to the elite in the field, but it does happen.