SportsWrath

When, when, WHEN...

Sephiroth

Really? Which one? He threw to a double covered Hagan on one and the ball was completely behind Hakeem Nicks on the other one. I don't count the garbage one.

So many teams run so many option routes these days, its almost impossible to know if an INT is on the QB or the WR.

IMO, the Giants run too much of that stuff. The INT return for TD vs Dallas is a prime example, Eli reads slant, Nicks reads fake-slant-fade, and there you go, six points the other way. Too high risk, IMO... keep it simple, just get everyone on the same damn page.

Not sure about last week though, nothing jumped out at me as a communication sort of INT. Used to see it all the time to Burress and Shockey, those two in particular couldn't be trusted.

So many teams run so many option routes these days, its almost impossible to know if an INT is on the QB or the WR.

IMO, the Giants run too much of that stuff. The INT return for TD vs Dallas is a prime example, Eli reads slant, Nicks reads fake-slant-fade, and there you go, six points the other way. Too high risk, IMO... keep it simple, just get everyone on the same damn page.

Not sure about last week though, nothing jumped out at me as a communication sort of INT. Used to see it all the time to Burress and Shockey, those two in particular couldn't be trusted.

They are actually Nicks' fault, which I've posted twice on. He telegraphs his route with a stutter/shuffle and the DBs jump his route. If you have a DVR check the 2 INTs and it's definitely there.

They are actually Nicks' fault, which I've posted twice on. He telegraphs his route with a stutter/shuffle and the DBs jump his route. If you have a DVR check the 2 INTs and it's definitely there.

The way you're explaining it, you're blaming nicks for not getting open or not running a crisp pattern. All that may be true, but Eli doesn't have to throw it in that case. You can't blame an interception on a player not running a crisp route. The wrong route? sometimes. Personally, I think that is an overused excuse as well.

Excuse me for not taking your word for it. The one in the end zone, I'll give you but Sunday night against the Eagles the ball was behind Nicks.

Excuse me for not taking your word for it. The one in the end zone, I'll give you but Sunday night against the Eagles the ball was behind Nicks.

I'll admit it was a bad throw but Nicks is telegraphing his cuts. He should just be turning and running and INTs can be on receivers because on short timing routes like these the receiver has to be on the money to make it successful.