SportsWrath

The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Balloonknot

No, Purpose. Just NFL network is running a Special on Parcells. And I thought to honor the man with his own thread on this here MB. He's only one of the greatest coaches to roam the sidelines for the Giants.

You got a problem with that.

I dunno I see a guy who in 83 had some perspective and did not smell himself like he was a walking talking bottle of cologne. Later he just became a boorish bully to tell you the truth. He reminds of the movie star who won't sign autographs or complain about fans...and then when they are washed up wonder where the fans are. :P

I'm just gonna come out and say it: OVERRATED.

Two Super Bowl rings with Belichick. Zero without him. In fact, I don't think he has a playoff win without Bill B. on his staff. Meanwhile, Gibbs has 3 rings, Belichick has 3, Jimmy Johnson has two... and those guys don't get an NFL films video. Why?

Parcells is hype and personality. Thanks for the two Super Bowl rings... but we've got one without ya. Have a nice life... now please go away.

I'm just gonna come out and say it: OVERRATED.

Two Super Bowl rings with Belichick. Zero without him. In fact, I don't think he has a playoff win without Bill B. on his staff. Meanwhile, Gibbs has 3 rings, Belichick has 3, Jimmy Johnson has two... and those guys don't get an NFL films video. Why?

Parcells is hype and personality. Thanks for the two Super Bowl rings... but we've got one without ya. Have a nice life... now please go away.

Thats not right at all, many great coaches have had great coordinators that go on to become good or great coaches. It's called a coaching tree. Bill parcells has tutored Billicheck, Coughlin, Sean Payton, Tony Sparano, etc.

I guess Bill walsh was succesfull because of Mike Holmgren and George Seifert. Bill Parcells, as much as I hate the fact that he coached the Cowboys (and to a lesser degree Jets) is one of the great football coaches in history. He is pure football, he turns around every team to goes to, it just so happens he doesn't stick around to see them through.

No, Purpose. Just NFL network is running a Special on Parcells. And I thought to honor the man with his own thread on this here MB. He's only one of the greatest coaches to roam the sidelines for the Giants.

You got a problem with that.

Oh ok. I didnt know about the program on NFL Network. I dont live in the US. I agree - one of the best coaches of all time - not just a Giants coach.