SportsWrath

What the stats say about the Giants/Eagles

JMFP

That looks so good, and definitely favors us. But as stated, our Sp teams are bad, and I dont like how our D looked last week, regardless where we're ranked. I fully believe that last week was just one of those games, like it was for N.E. vs CLE, but Im still worried. :unsure:

The bad news is the Giants are playing vs. Vick.

The good news is the Giants are playing vs. Vick.

Never really know what you'll get out of that guy. He's injury prone and erratic, as well as he's been playing he's no sure thing... if anything, he's overdue to crap one up.

I'm very interested to see how Fewell will scheme for him. When Fewell has broken from the base defense this year (Indianapolis, and sort of Dallas #2) the defense hasn't responded.

Some other good news...their best RB is their QB. Let McCoy take it and deny Vick the fake handoff-keeper.

Washington couldn't contain him which is no surprise, we have the best DE combo in the NFL,well the whole DLine without a doubt. Osi and Tuck will keep him contained in the pocket while Coefield and Canty will burst up the middle to knock him on his ass. Washington had fat fuck lying on the ground no fucking wonder the guy looked great, Laron Landry is Roy 2.0 and is the most overrated safety in the NFL, he can't fucking spy Vick, but Kenny Phillips can. Fuck Vick Fuck the Eagles I ain't scared

As someone else pointed out earlier, our D is #1 (on yardage) because we always give our opponents a short field. Ranks us on points/game and see where we end up. 14th.

Ya, it's hard to allow yards when your punter kicks it 30 yards out of bounds or the coverage unit allows a 20 yard return every time.

At least kickoff coverage has been OK as of late. Tynes has really impressed me this season. Most improved player, IMO.

As someone else pointed out earlier, our D is #1 (on yardage) because we always give our opponents a short field. Ranks us on points/game and see where we end up. 14th.

Yes, but alot of those points were garbage time stuff when we had already put the game away.

Washington couldn't contain him which is no surprise, we have the best DE combo in the NFL,well the whole DLine without a doubt. Osi and Tuck will keep him contained in the pocket while Coefield and Canty will burst up the middle to knock him on his ass. Washington had fat fuck lying on the ground no fucking wonder the guy looked great, Laron Landry is Roy 2.0 and is the most overrated safety in the NFL, he can't fucking spy Vick, but Kenny Phillips can. Fuck Vick Fuck the Eagles I ain't scared

Vick was scary good in the last game. He has progressed greatly as a passer and with the speed Jackson & Maclin bring, it will bring a mismatch - they might both command double teams. We need to negate their speed by throwing the kitchen sink at Vick. Im scared about this game because we've always struggled against mobile QBs - McNabb for example. Will be interesting. Their defense is nothing to write home about, so we need our offense to fire on all cylinders forcing the Eagles towards long passes and thats where we'll get them.

Yes, but alot of those points were garbage time stuff when we had already put the game away.

I don't agree with your assessment Joe. I think a lot of those points were when we should have been putting teams away but allowed them to hang around. A lot more of them came when the game was very much still in question.

I don't agree with your assessment Joe. I think a lot of those points were when we should have been putting teams away but allowed them to hang around. A lot more of them came when the game was very much still in question.

I guess we'll find out how accurate the #1 ranking is on Sunday night.

I guess we'll find out how accurate the #1 ranking is on Sunday night.

www.footballoutsiders.com has a better measure than straight yards. They have the Giants as #2 on D, and #10th in Offense.

(and just a bit lower on special teams.)

One reason for optimism, Vick has a history of playing very well against bottom-feeder defenses. But against the top defenses...not so much.

www.footballoutsiders.com has a better measure than straight yards. They have the Giants as #2 on D, and #10th in Offense.

(and just a bit lower on special teams.)

One reason for optimism, Vick has a history of playing very well against bottom-feeder defenses. But against the top defenses...not so much.

he always played well vs. the giants.