SportsWrath

Giants must win...

ppodlesny

So are we.

You didn't actually watch the game Sunday, did you?

We completely regressed back to the Colts and Titans losses. Stupid penalties and mistakes on offense and no defensive gameplan to speak of. No adjustments made throughout the game by the coaches on either side of the ball. It was pitiful all around.

We'll find out how good both teams are.

But yeah, I'd think the Eagles are 9-0 if I believed the media bandwagon.

Washington's defense has sucked all season....sure, the Eagles were hot last night, one great game doesn't mean dick.

The Eagles offense is scary good. They are probably the fastest offense in the league. Jackson is lightning and we saw last year - I dont think anybody on our defense is even close to his speed. The Giants have always - ALWAYS - had problems containing running QBs. We will need our pass-rush to have the game of its life and lay some wrecking ball level hits on Vick early so he thinks twice about breaking into a run. The Eagles are a good team and we are too beat up on our offensive line and are making too many mistakes and doing stupid shit. That said, the Eagles are only an OK-OK defense, we will need to jump ahead early and then pound the ball. NO FUCKING DROPPED PASSES!!!

You didn't actually watch the game Sunday, did you?

We completely regressed back to the Colts and Titans losses. Stupid penalties and mistakes on offense and no defensive gameplan to speak of. No adjustments made throughout the game by the coaches on either side of the ball. It was pitiful all around.

I was lucky enough to have been in the Middle East when during the first 3 weeks of the season. Yes I saw us play a terrible game against Dallas.. which is why I think we'll be just fine.. we control our destiny and Philly is a very good challenge for us.. granted we are banged up. So if we lose this game it's not oh shit here we go again with 2nd half collapses.. more like it's just our turn to be injured and hopefully we get our guys back in a week or 2.. get on a roll and move with it.

havent been this scared of a giants opponent in a long time

im going to the rematch at new meadowlands next month and between that and the titans game i may end up witnessing the two worst games of the season <_<

Yup, I might actually put some money on the Eagles in this game....which pains me to say.

There is no doubt that Vick and the Eagles engaged in some shock and awe. But the Redskins have the worst defense in the league; they basically quit after the 1st quarter. And it is very, very rare that a team can put together consecutive blowouts. Similarly, I don't see Vick having that sort of consistency (maybe I'm wrong on that).

If I base Sunday's matchup on Giants/Cowboys, and Eagles/Redskins, then I am very worried.....and that would be the "Agony/Ecstasy" behavior that Bill Parcells used to mock the media about.

But if you zoom out a bit, and look at what both teams have done this, season, it looks like a great contest.

Giants #1 Defense v. the Eagles #3 Offense

Giants #2 Offense v. the Eagles #11 Defense

I have to remember this is the same Eagles team that lost to those same Redskins at home....the same team that lost to the Packers and Titans. The same defense like looked downright shabby against the anemic 49ers.

The Giants defense has looked bad twice....against the Colts (who make everyone look bad) and against the Cowboys (who they sleepwalked on). Both times, it was a case of Fewell changing his defense to fit the opponent, instead of rolling with what the Giants do best.

If I'm the Giants defense, I am bringing the house against Vick....yeah, he can hurt you scrambling, but he'll kill the Giants if he is able to sit back and hurl 88 yard TDs to DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. The Giants need to get him running, and tackle his ass. Let's see how his improved mechanics hold up after biting the turf a few times. From what I understand, the Eagles offensive line isn't among the best in the league, so I'm hoping a 4 man rush can be effective too.

The safeties are going to be absolutely key....Rolle, Phillips, and Grant will need to play at pro bowl levels...they are going to need to defend the deep ball, and deliver punishing hits whenever possible. The need for a physical tone simply cannot be overstated here. In particular, if there is any game for Phillips to shine, it really needs to be Sunday night.....we need a 2009 Dallas game from him.

If I'm the Giants offense, I'm going full bore at the Eagles. I really hope Jacobs has a role in this game. Ball security will be at an absolute premium. The Giants can easily score 35 points on these dirtbags if they keep their heads out of their asses.

Lost in the media's Vickapalooza is the fact that Eli Manning is quietly putting together his own MVP season.....#1 in TD passes with Rivers, among other very solid stats. In short, the Giants have the offense to match serve on Vick.

I'm not going to talk too much about Dodge and the special teams in Philly.....I don't want to lose my appetite. I'll just say they need to play smart, and this would be a great game for Dodge to become a true NFL punter.

And I'm not going to go into the injuries, because it is too frustrating, and it's outside anyone's control. But I think the Giants are even deeper than the 2007 team, and it's up to the reserves to step up.

I'm not worried about playing in Philly....the Giants have really played their best games on the road....it's almost like they are trying too hard for their fans when they are at home.

I have no delusions....this game could go against the Giants, very badly. In fact, this game could send this team into a tailspin and jeopardize the season. But, if the Giants are the team that we have all been talking about these past few weeks, they can win this game.

But they'll have to bring their best game of the year to do it.

I think the justification for many worrying about the Eagles is because we're banged up.. royally. The thought of Boothe on our OL worries me a great deal... and that (injuries) is a legitimate issue. A healthy Giants team beats a healthy Eagles team this year.