SportsWrath

Injuries are killers- were in bad shape

JackStroud

Except you can only have 45 active players so by your estimate the Giants are destined to lose :doh:

after what I saw this weekend and pitching Andy Reed against Father Time..........Yes were destined to lose if we bring "153"

forget beating a top team until Smith is back and the O-Line restored....Yes we will make it interesting but we will likely lose this week

the only way around this is if Fewell turns the Dogs loose............. and the Dogs want to hunt.........

baring that ...................we are sooooooooooooooooooooo Fkkkkkkked :wacko:

the Dogs looked like they were standing around waiting for a BUS last Sunday...........if Coughlin begins his annual tailspin this weekend, I would fire Coughlin and promote Gilbride to Interim HC

should be an interesting match up.

Vick looked great against the Skins. To be fair though, how do the skins stack up?

total yards allowed ( 32nd )

pnts / game ( 26th )

rush yrds / game ( 25th )

passng yds / game ( 31st )

At this point, Coach Hasslet has to be thrilled about the whole Shannahan / McNabb Kerfuffle.

should be an interesting match up.

Vick looked great against the Skins. To be fair though, how do the skins stack up?

total yards allowed ( 32nd )

pnts / game ( 26th )

rush yrds / game ( 25th )

passng yds / game ( 31st )

At this point, Coach Hasslet has to be thrilled about the whole Shannahan / McNabb Kerfuffle.

Are these numbers before or after Vick and the Eagles rang up 59 points and walked all over them?

The scary thing is that the Redskins played better on Monday than the Giants did on Sunday. If that stays the same, expect another 40+ from the Eagles.

I think we have the personnel to take the Eagles 3rd WR and maybe even the 2nd WR 1:1. D. Jackson needs a S overtop of hm the whole game, no matter what. And that seriously takes away from the possibility of placing a spy on Vick to keep him from running.

The Eagles will absolutely destroy this Giants team.

yea.. last I checked they're 6-3 and played against a pathetic Redskins team. And those plays looked fake... everything that could go right went right. I have faith in my Giants... who btw are also 6-3.

yea.. last I checked they're 6-3 and played against a pathetic Redskins team. And those plays looked fake... everything that could go right went right. I have faith in my Giants... who btw are also 6-3.

Dude I like my Giants but we're in very bad shape to be playing the Eagles now. I just hope we dont get blown out. And I think thats whats gonna happen. <_<

Who collectively didn't show up to play Sunday and are down major offensive players.

Who collectively didn't show up to play Sunday and are down major offensive players.

Got to agree with Jack on this one... lol, words not often said. But the mistakes by the backups absolutely killed us last week, and we are playing a damn good Philly team. The offense has to play better. And dare I say all is not well with this defensive front four? Where is the push, the big plays from that unit? All in all, they did NOT get pressure against a statue-esque John Kitna in the pocket, and against a much maligned offensive line of the Cowboys. Everyone besides Doug Free on that line has had major struggles this year, and our DL did not get pressure, and that concerns me greatly.

Just the injuries we know about, they are going to be tough to overcome. If Boothe gets another start, he is going to have a play a MUCH better game than the one he played last Sunday. And Eli needs to get on the same page with Calhoun and Hagan. From the looks of last game, he needs to do some work with Nicks and Manningham, too.

The Giants CAN win this game, but everybody is going to have to bring the 'A' game. And that still might not be enough. We need another bye week to get these guys healthy.

Got to agree with Jack on this one... lol, words not often said. But the mistakes by the backups absolutely killed us last week, and we are playing a damn good Philly team.

yep Beatty called at the 5 yd line, Boothe getting the TD reversed with 7 and change left and Seubert botching the snap on the following play for a turn over.

As bad as we played defensively we still could have won.

yep Beatty called at the 5 yd line, Boothe getting the TD reversed with 7 and change left and Seubert botching the snap on the following play for a turn over.

As bad as we played defensively we still could have won.

And that's both the heartbreak and something to build on.

Are these numbers before or after Vick and the Eagles rang up 59 points and walked all over them?

The scary thing is that the Redskins played better on Monday than the Giants did on Sunday. If that stays the same, expect another 40+ from the Eagles.

I think we have the personnel to take the Eagles 3rd WR and maybe even the 2nd WR 1:1. D. Jackson needs a S overtop of hm the whole game, no matter what. And that seriously takes away from the possibility of placing a spy on Vick to keep him from running.

:blink:

Really? Eli had 375 yds and 2 TD's 2 INTs.......McNabb had fare worse stats. We scored 20, but had 2 TD's taken back on bullshit calls. The Giants did not play worse, no way.

Got to agree with Jack on this one... lol, words not often said. But the mistakes by the backups absolutely killed us last week, and we are playing a damn good Philly team. The offense has to play better. And dare I say all is not well with this defensive front four? Where is the push, the big plays from that unit? All in all, they did NOT get pressure against a statue-esque John Kitna in the pocket, and against a much maligned offensive line of the Cowboys. Everyone besides Doug Free on that line has had major struggles this year, and our DL did not get pressure, and that concerns me greatly.

Just the injuries we know about, they are going to be tough to overcome. If Boothe gets another start, he is going to have a play a MUCH better game than the one he played last Sunday. And Eli needs to get on the same page with Calhoun and Hagan. From the looks of last game, he needs to do some work with Nicks and Manningham, too.

The Giants CAN win this game, but everybody is going to have to bring the 'A' game. And that still might not be enough. We need another bye week to get these guys healthy.

Jack? I'm offended....

This is about the time of year that Osi disappears for the rest of the season and we will find out a couple months after the season that Justin Tuck had been playing with like four nagging injuries.

:blink:

Really? Eli had 375 yds and 2 TD's 2 INTs.......McNabb had fare worse stats. We scored 20, but had 2 TD's taken back on bullshit calls. The Giants did not play worse, no way.

Bullshit calls? The dude brought him to the ground, with his arm hooked around him, for absolutely no reason. Eli had already thrown the ball or was a split second from throwing the ball when that penalty occurred.

And a false start call can't be bullshit. What was bullshit was not running Ahmad a 3rd time when they wouldn't have been able to keep him out. What was bullshit was even allowing Brandon Jacobs on the field on 4th and 1.

It was a pitiful performance and it really showed, to me at least, where this team is at mentally and comparatively to the rest of the NFL's elite teams.

lets give Beatty a break....he was rushed in, obviously as out of shape as anyone I've seen on a football field

he looked like fat albert

that said we still have not beaten a top tier team this year, and a win in Philly can propel us into the SB.......apparently against the Patriots yet again if we get there

The D has to dominate and come down hard on Mike Vick early....and we have to run on them.....their offense will not be on the field much if we run on them.....their D looks to be fair to weak

the other thing you need to do the same kind of damage to their WRs......back off a bit let them catch the ball then hammer them......make the Eagles worry about their personal saftey......hey its a war out there.......I played some saftey and I realize its the safteys that can hurt you badly- human missiles that are looking to hurt you while you have to worry about catching the ball........Jack Tatum....think Jack....but no paralysis....I am not advocating that

lets give Beatty a break....he was rushed in, obviously as out of shape as anyone I've seen on a football field

he looked like fat albert

that said we still have not beaten a top tier team this year, and a win in Philly can propel us into the SB.......apparently against the Patriots yet again if we get there

The D has to dominate and come down hard on Mike Vick early....and we have to run on them.....their offense will not be on the field much if we run on them.....their D looks to be fair to weak

Gilbride and run are two words that don't go well together...."Does....Not....Compute...."

Gilbride and run are two words that don't go well together...."Does....Not....Compute...."

you know what pea brain.........we have two backs that average close to 6yds a carry, and one of the top running games in the NFL

think before you open your YAP ok.......think then type :rolleyes:

you know what pea brain.........we have two backs that average close to 6yds a carry, and one of the top running games in the NFL

think before you open your YAP ok.......think then type :rolleyes:

I'm talking about playcalling. Not the offensive line's ability to run block and our backs' YPC. Dumbass. I'm talking running in key situations and counting on something that works...to work. Instead of throwing on the 1 yard line when your back just picked up, like you said, 6 yards on both of his carries to get you down there.

There's a HUGE difference between establishing the run (which Gilbride doesn't) and running because...well, eventually you have to run (which Gilbride does)

Think before you log in to Sportswrath.

I'm talking about playcalling. Not the offensive line's ability to run block and our backs' YPC. Dumbass. I'm talking running in key situations and counting on something that works...to work. Instead of throwing on the 1 yard line when your back just picked up, like you said, 6 yards on both of his carries to get you down there.

There's a HUGE difference between establishing the run (which Gilbride doesn't) and running because...well, eventually you have to run (which Gilbride does)

Think before you log in to Sportswrath.

worked pretty good for 5 games in row

dont let one trap game concern you