SportsWrath

TC needs to go TC on the OC/DC

Lubeck

Besides the officials deciding that any close call goes against the Giants there were two key problems with this game.

The OC got pass-happy early on. 15/9 in favor of pass plays to start the game based on the Fox statistics. And like I said in the game topic how many times did we see on 3rd down plays that seemed designed to get the ball into the hands of a receiver short of the first down line and rely on them making it. I think it was Lughead who pointed out that there were two rookie DBs in. And there seemed to be no attempt to try and exploit that. Yes I know I just contradicted myself wanting more runs and then saying we should challenge them with the pass. The problem is the passes were short, not trying to test those rookie DBs.

On the DC side Fewell has done a great job so far. But ignoring Bryant and continuing to give him single coverage....when he was the guy who caused havoc the first game against the Cowboys....that is a bad job by Fewell in adjusting the plan midgame. But given how poorly the defense played on key downs I don't know if it would have made a difference. Slide a safety over to help out on Bryant and how the defense played today Witten would have been available for the easy first down.

I think every time we start a game with a WR screen we never win

You know...and this will stink of MMQBing...I was thinking at the time that play happened Gilbride had a bad plan. WR screens are so hit and miss...and are more likely to miss when you throw it to the WR without anyone to block that first guy. There will be at least one play a week, more likely 2, when they throw it to a WR and there will be no one there to take out the first blocker. That is so typical of Gilbride playcalling. It is completely linked to the throw it to Boss on 3rd and long when he is a good 5, no better yet even farther from the first down line and expect him to magically break tackles.

And let me amend my criticism of Fewell. He failed to make adjustments to covering Bryant in the middle of the game. He never should have made those adjustments in the first place. Like I said Bryant was the lone thorn from the first game. Not accounting for him and giving whoever had him help from the getgo isn't a mid-game adjustment that should have been made it was a gameplan failure from the get-go.

Besides the officials deciding that any close call goes against the Giants there were two key problems with this game.

The OC got pass-happy early on. 15/9 in favor of pass plays to start the game based on the Fox statistics. And like I said in the game topic how many times did we see on 3rd down plays that seemed designed to get the ball into the hands of a receiver short of the first down line and rely on them making it. I think it was Lughead who pointed out that there were two rookie DBs in. And there seemed to be no attempt to try and exploit that. Yes I know I just contradicted myself wanting more runs and then saying we should challenge them with the pass. The problem is the passes were short, not trying to test those rookie DBs.

On the DC side Fewell has done a great job so far. But ignoring Bryant and continuing to give him single coverage....when he was the guy who caused havoc the first game against the Cowboys....that is a bad job by Fewell in adjusting the plan midgame. But given how poorly the defense played on key downs I don't know if it would have made a difference. Slide a safety over to help out on Bryant and how the defense played today Witten would have been available for the easy first down.

The thing with Fewell not adjusting to cover Bryant would lead Witten to gain first downs is fine . We could of held Witten better than Byant . Bryant can and did torch us with huge gains way over 20 yards per. which were first downs anyway. Witten for 11 yards and a first down is better than Byrant for 35 yards and first down..........

but not for me seeing how I have Bryant on my FF team.:smartass: but for the betterment of the Giants winning yeah I would of went for 10 -15 yard Witten first downs all day

And let me amend my criticism of Fewell. He failed to make adjustments to covering Bryant in the middle of the game. He never should have made those adjustments in the first place. Like I said Bryant was the lone thorn from the first game. Not accounting for him and giving whoever had him help from the getgo isn't a mid-game adjustment that should have been made it was a gameplan failure from the get-go.

Without a pass rush it didn't matter who was double or triple teamed. Austin or Williams would have gotten open and burned the secondary. Kitna was definitely targeting Bryant but without a rush it would have been a bad situation anyway.