SportsWrath

Dave Meggett Gets 30 Years For Sexual Assault

Mr. P

davemeggettGeorge_Rose.jpg

Former NFL player David Meggett has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after his conviction in a South Carolina courtroom on criminal sexual conduct and burglary.

Several media outlets report that a Charleston County jury returned the verdict late Wednesday after getting the case earlier in the day.

Authorities say Meggett raped a college student at her house in North Charleston in January 2009.

Meggett, who attended high school in North Charleston, was a running back and punt returner for 10 years in the National Football League. He played six years with the New York Giants, three with the New England Patriots and one with the New York Jets.

He did he did not take the stand in his own defense, and his lawyer says he will appeal.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/ex_giant_gets_years_in_sc_sexual_wTbys7wzsEeHh4QzhRCJLP

messed up, i used to love meggett.

wow... 30 years seem to be a bit much but again rape isn't exactly a misdemeanor... why would anyone like him need to rape anyone anyway? oh well.

30 years is not enough for rape in the dog's opinion. especially since he has a history...

Rape is a weird crime

Most women will tell you rape is their biggest turn on fantacy.....some cry rape to get the guy in trouble on purpose.

Women never get convicted of rape....and its a he said she said situation most times.

say a 400 lbs woman attacked a little skinny guy......you think she would spend a day in jail????

Did Meggett know the victim, had he dated her...??? I dont sit here judging situations I dont have all the facts to.

I leave that to my football commentary.

This woman might be stretching the truth or led him on in some way.......not saying hes not guilty but rape is often not a cut and dry crime unless you had a film crew following the alleged rapist and alleged victim around 24 hours a day.

Rape Murder is an entirely different matter

Rape is one of the most disgusting acts a person can commit. Rapist should have a choice of punishment thought. Chop their fucking Dick off or Death.

I don't support Life in prison sentences with no parole if that's the sentence put a bullet in them. It's a lot cheaper that feeding an inmate for the rest of his life

Rape is one of the most disgusting acts a person can commit. Rapist should have a choice of punishment thought. Chop their fucking Dick off or Death.

I don't support Life in prison sentences with no parole if that's the sentence put a bullet in them. It's a lot cheaper that feeding an inmate for the rest of his life

I'd prefer life in prison, with labor, and once he dies, his body is used for science and/or organ transplants.

They should use him like the native americans used the buffalo, and get a little good out of his otherwise disgusting self.