SportsWrath

We still have alot to prove

eagleEye

Alot of replies to other threads ive read have us with a winning record. I can care less about that. If we get into the playoffs I wanna make some noise. We still have to play the eagles 2x, Skins 2x, and play the packers and vikings. Im still not convinced we have a great team. Are they good? Sure they are. But before we start writing them deep into the playoffs, lets beat a team with a great defense. Or a team with 4 or 5 wins over .500 people. And honestly when push comes to shove I think we are gonna see Philly in the playoffs and that really worries me. :ermm:

you can only play the teams that are on your schedule for that week...relax they will be fine....barring injuries of course

Lets not forget that most of the td's we put up on the seahawks were dead drives and only kept going because of stupid penalties.

Lets not forget that most of the td's we put up on the seahawks were dead drives and only kept going because of stupid penalties.

your right we might we be too far ahead of ourselves, and in that Seattle game they were not has dominant has the score showed, but dominated Tennesee and lost so that kinda evened out. Good bright spot from that game was the return game where the Giants finally got something going with Blackmon, I hope that lasts, Dallas is not gonna be easy this week, they could rally around Garrett who the players wanted all along, gave them two early picks last time, and the oline is thin with injuries so Ware and Spencer could be beasts, our big test though is the following week with Philly, go to the Linc and beat them and then maybe we can start thinking about a deep playoff run

I really love what I see out of this team... however, the Spectre of Last Season still hangs heavy over this team.

To put things in an absurdly general way, HERE'S how I see the Couglin/Eli era working out virtually EVERY year.

1. Fast Start, sputter mid-season, squeak into the playoffs, lose early.

2. Fast Start, fast fade.

Outside of our Super Bowl year (which was admittedly awesome), I think we'll end up with one of those two scenarios.

I really love what I see out of this team... however, the Spectre of Last Season still hangs heavy over this team.

To put things in an absurdly general way, HERE'S how I see the Couglin/Eli era working out virtually EVERY year.

1. Fast Start, sputter mid-season, squeak into the playoffs, lose early.

2. Fast Start, fast fade.

Outside of our Super Bowl year (which was admittedly awesome), I think we'll end up with one of those two scenarios.

# 1 is probably true of half the playoff teams every year no?

Injuries / Attrition play a big part in this I suspect. They are idiots if they go to an 18 game schedule. I would rather they go back to 14.

# 1 is probably true of half the playoff teams every year no?

Injuries / Attrition play a big part in this I suspect. They are idiots if they go to an 18 game schedule. I would rather they go back to 14.

18 games is just absurd. I sure as hell hope they don't go to that.

Alot of replies to other threads ive read have us with a winning record. I can care less about that. If we get into the playoffs I wanna make some noise. We still have to play the eagles 2x, Skins 2x, and play the packers and vikings. Im still not convinced we have a great team. Are they good? Sure they are. But before we start writing them deep into the playoffs, lets beat a team with a great defense. Or a team with 4 or 5 wins over .500 people. And honestly when push comes to shove I think we are gonna see Philly in the playoffs and that really worries me. :ermm:

Absolutely agree. I don't see how we can NOT make the playoffs because there's so much mediocrity though the league, especially in the NFC.....but the two games with Philly will determine whether we win the NFC East and get a home playoff game or two. If we don't beat them, I'm not sure anyone else does. They have the Redskins, Bears, Cowboys and us on the road and us, Texans, Vikings and Cowboys at home.

We have Cowboys, Jags, Redskins and Eagles at home and 4 road games are at Eagles, Vikings, Packers and Redskins - definitely a tougher schedule.

Root hard for the Redskins to beat the Eagles on Monday night!

Outside of the Colts game, the Giants have toyed with every team they've played, including the Titans.

The Giants only enemy is mental errors and injuries.

There isn't a better team in the NFL right now, and they'll show that soon enough.

Outside of the Colts game, the Giants have toyed with every team they've played, including the Titans.

The Giants only enemy is mental errors and injuries.

There isn't a better team in the NFL right now, and they'll show that soon enough.

The Giants are 5-0 since I've been back in the States. :flex:

Last season was last season--we started injured, played patsies early that covered up very deep flaws, and paid for it at the end of the season.

This year isn't the same. We're comparatively healthy, assuming our oline heals up some in the next few weeks, and we aren't just beating up on the bottom of the barrel. If O'Hara comes back sooner than later, we're actually in damn good shape--Seubert comes back to guard, Beatty returns soon, and Diehl can come back when he comes back. That's not mentioning Mitch Petrus and Boothe.

Our defense is actually stopping teams on third and long regularly for the first time in far too many years. That alone is huge. Additionally, our time of possession has been such that they haven't worn out as badly as they did in 2008.

Of course, there's a lot of games left, and a lot of big ones. But we're definitely in the running.