SportsWrath

We should go after Randy Moss

NeMesiS

Id pick up Moss in a heartbeat. Randy Moss for 6 mil a year? Absolutely! He just needs to be on a winning team....and when on a winning team he goes apeshit on the field and burns defenses. We are a winning team. Unlike Minnesota. I doubt Moss would complain here.

But I highly doubt we will get him.....

Can't understand the "sign Moss" crowd. He is a low-character guy. He quit on Oakland, said he "plays when he wants to play." Is that who we want on the field? Moreover, he's sliding either Nicks or Smith to the bench on 2 WR sets. Does that make us better? I think not. Randy is not a competitor. We have two high character, competitive, hardworking receivers in Nicks and Smith, why would we ask them, considering how well they have played, to move over to make room for Randy? Right now, Randy Moss doesn't hold a candle to Hakeem Nicks. This is not a discussion about Randy in his prime vs Hakeem Nicks in his prime... this is Randy right now vs Hakeem right now. I'll take Hakeem. Randy instantly would make our offense WORSE, not better. Plus, what kind of message would that send to Nicks and Smith (or Manningham)? You're working your tail off, you're producing at a high rate, helping us win, but we're going to bring in a quitter to start ahead of you? WTF is that all about?

As far as the "he would draw double teams" argument... that is what is happening right now with Nicks and sometimes with Smith. Our offense is the top ranked offense in the NFL. You don't fix what isn't broken, and our offense is humming on all cylinders.

If Randy had Jerry Rice's heart and desire, he would've been the greatest receiver of all time. Hakeem and Smith... they have that... I see it. Hakeem is going to go down as the greatest Giants' receiver ever. I'm telling you guys right now this kid is that good. Randy is a physically gifted quitter/malcontent who's past his prime. Signing him would be an Al Davis or Jerry Jones kind of move.

Id pick up Moss in a heartbeat. Randy Moss for 6 mil a year? Absolutely! He just needs to be on a winning team....and when on a winning team he goes apeshit on the field and burns defenses. We are a winning team. Unlike Minnesota. I doubt Moss would complain here.

But I highly doubt we will get him.....

patriots are 6-1.

I'd rather have Owens. They're both assholes, but Owens gives you everything he's got on the field.

But the truth is, I'd rather have Nicks and Smith at this stage of their careers than either Owens or Moss at this point in their careers. The Moss or Owens of 5-6 years ago might be a different story.

i have to agree with Jim here. Although the Nicks call is premature and also the Giants haven't had many great receivers so it's a low bar. But the kid has hands like Ewing and feet like Baryshnikov. Besides, Eli likes to throw to who's open and Moss wants special status.

Can't understand the "sign Moss" crowd. He is a low-character guy. He quit on Oakland, said he "plays when he wants to play." Is that who we want on the field? Moreover, he's sliding either Nicks or Smith to the bench on 2 WR sets. Does that make us better? I think not. Randy is not a competitor. We have two high character, competitive, hardworking receivers in Nicks and Smith, why would we ask them, considering how well they have played, to move over to make room for Randy? Right now, Randy Moss doesn't hold a candle to Hakeem Nicks. This is not a discussion about Randy in his prime vs Hakeem Nicks in his prime... this is Randy right now vs Hakeem right now. I'll take Hakeem. Randy instantly would make our offense WORSE, not better. Plus, what kind of message would that send to Nicks and Smith (or Manningham)? You're working your tail off, you're producing at a high rate, helping us win, but we're going to bring in a quitter to start ahead of you? WTF is that all about?

As far as the "he would draw double teams" argument... that is what is happening right now with Nicks and sometimes with Smith. Our offense is the top ranked offense in the NFL. You don't fix what isn't broken, and our offense is humming on all cylinders.

If Randy had Jerry Rice's heart and desire, he would've been the greatest receiver of all time. Hakeem and Smith... they have that... I see it. Hakeem is going to go down as the greatest Giants' receiver ever. I'm telling you guys right now this kid is that good. Randy is a physically gifted quitter/malcontent who's past his prime. Signing him would be an Al Davis or Jerry Jones kind of move.

i have to agree with Jim here. Although the Nicks call is premature and also the Giants haven't had many great receivers so it's a low bar. But the kid has hands like Ewing and feet like Baryshnikov. Besides, Eli likes to throw to who's open and Moss wants special status.

That's why it's called a prediction, blu! Love that you put Ewing and Baryshnikov in the same sentence. It is somewhat of a low bar, but a good diversionary topic... who is the top Giant WRs of all time? First two to come to mind for me are Homer Jones and Amani Toomer. I suppose Plaxico would be somewhere up there.

That's why it's called a prediction, blu! Love that you put Ewing and Baryshnikov in the same sentence. It is somewhat of a low bar, but a good diversionary topic... who is the top Giant WRs of all time? First two to come to mind for me are Homer Jones and Amani Toomer. I suppose Plaxico would be somewhere up there.

Homer didn't do it for long. And he dropped a perfect spiral I threw to him on the street outside of Yankee Stadium. (He did have dry cleaning in his hands at the time). Has to be Amani Toomer. Gifford was a hybrid, although mostly a receiver. I would say Toomer, then Burress. then Ike Hilliard tongue.gif

yeah this is a good point, nicks has had two absolute dud games cuz teams gave him special attention and eli just went to who was open. moss would be less likely to tolerate that

We're not even eligible to put in a claim, are we? I mean, at least in that there's a shitload of teams ahead of us. But even if he fell to us, what has Moss done (specifically while he was with the Pats) to warrant all the hatin'? It seems Billichick had him under control, I'd think Coughlin would as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily want him, or think we should be aggressive in getting him, but if he fell to us for cheap for the last 8 games of the season, why not?

We're not even eligible to put in a claim, are we? I mean, at least in that there's a shitload of teams ahead of us. But even if he fell to us, what has Moss done (specifically while he was with the Pats) to warrant all the hatin'? It seems Billichick had him under control, I'd think Coughlin would as well. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily want him, or think we should be aggressive in getting him, but if he fell to us for cheap for the last 8 games of the season, why not?

Is that the same logic you put into your fantasy teams.......... oh wait yeah I guess it is

No NO NO and HELL NO Coughlin is painting a Picasso here . We do not need a 2nd grader come in and mess it up with finger paints.

Kyle Rote way ahead of Homer Jones

Is that the same logic you put into your fantasy teams.......... oh wait yeah I guess it is

No NO NO and HELL NO Coughlin is painting a Picasso here . We do not need a 2nd grader come in and mess it up with finger paints.

Calm down dude. It's not like what I type here has any bearing whatsoever on who the Giants add or don't add to the roster. I merely asked what had he done with the Pats to get branded a 2nd grader (as you put it). I don't recall him doing anything under Billichick that would justify that statement.

And yeah, that is the kind of logic I use in fantasy football. So what if someone is a 2nd grader, it's not like they're a cancer in my locker room. All I need them to do is perform. For fantasy purposes I'd have a whole roster full of Moss's if I could. What are they gonna do, sit in a corner and type media statements?