SportsWrath

Very Interesting !!

Martin

With the rights of DT kenderick allen being terminated and

with the loss of Clancy it seems the giants have

only William Joseph who is still a very inconsistant player

along with Fred Robins who was or is in TC's dog house for

coming into camp out of shape last year.

The only other player worth talking about is Duckett who is

a backup and rotational guy.

With this info about allen breads all kinds of speculation

and questions regarding how do the Giants plan to

defend the line of scrimage this coming year.

Is this a move due to a FA pick up or will this be and indication

that the giants are going to pick a DT in the draft.

We all know that usually DT's right out of college cant be a force

until 2 to 3 years in the pros.

Very strange this news about allen indeed.

Any thoughts about this one ?????

:confused:

Im a bit surprised how everyone is reacting to this. I mean its Kendrick Allen, he is a very replaceable player. Alls we did was make him an Unrestricted FA. Most of us should have known already that 1 vet. DT was going to be signed as well as 1 rookie DT. This doesnt change much if you really think about it.

he is easily replaceable.

He is but he's a very capable DT and I liked his ability. As of now, our first backup DT is Damane Duckett.

I think we'll re-sign him though or we are up to something big. Like signing Lavar then drafting idk, Gabe Watson in the draft or trade up to get Ngata.

He is but he's a very capable DT and I liked his ability. As of now, our first backup DT is Damane Duckett.

I think we'll re-sign him though or we are up to something big. Like signing Lavar then drafting idk, Gabe Watson in the draft or trade up to get Ngata.

your not really 13

Im a bit surprised how everyone is reacting to this. I mean its Kendrick Allen, he is a very replaceable player. Alls we did was make him an Unrestricted FA. Most of us should have known already that 1 vet. DT was going to be signed as well as 1 rookie DT. This doesnt change much if you really think about it.

I guess without a secure DT signing some of us including me questioning

what direction the giants are going in to make the Defensive Line improved.

Also what FA DT is a quality player at this point. Jackson failed his physical so is it Bruckner?

If thats the case the giants DT roster looks like:

Bruckner

Robins

Joseph

Duckett

Draft Pick

For the sake of speculating Is Bruckner better than Clancy?

and will a rookie draft pick be better than K. Allen ?

If the answer to both questions are yes than we upgraded the interior

linemen. If the answer is yes to only one question than have we really improved

the interior line?

whats your take?

I guess without a secure DT signing some of us including me questioning

what direction the giants are going in to make the Defensive Line improved.

Also what FA DT is a quality player at this point. Jackson failed his physical so is it Bruckner?

If thats the case the giants DT roster looks like:

Bruckner

Robins

Joseph

Duckett

Draft Pick

If the answer to both questions are yes than we upgraded the interior

linemen. If the answer is yes to only one question than have we really improved

the interior line?

whats your take?

Buckner is still an option although he did recently state he would love to finish his career in ATL and he has had a physical taken with them. Dont rule out Grady Jackson. He might have failed a physical (so the rumor says) but I've also heard that Grady didnt sign with ATL because his asking price was too high for ATL. As of right now our chances of signing Lavar look pretty slim. That would enable us to spend a little extra cap space dollars into the DT position. Other players are available. Jason Fisk, James Reed, Brandon Noble are all decent FA options.

In the end I think Buckner signs with Atlanta and we end up with Grady Jackson. Jackson would come for a similar contract we would have offered Clancy hadnt he signed with Arizona so quickly. Seeing that we were planning on matching that offer it makes sense. Jackson has connections with us already. Mike Waufle coached him back in Oakland, they have reportedly spoken already on the phone. We could certainly use a big body like Jackson to replace Clancy as the nose gaurd. But no matter who we bring in via FA I still think we will draft a player with in the first 4 rounds of the draft. Most likely a quick penetrating relentless DT to help wear down opposing offensive lineman.

I think within the next few weeks we could see Fiedler, Proehl, and Jackson all signed. If not I wouldnt sweat it, there is still plenty of options out there for us.

The FO better have a plan. Our defense does not look better than last year's.

No Clancy (solid starter) No K. Allen (Solid Back-up), Questionable LBers (Except Pierce).

We can't salvage our D with Rookies.

If the defense is not improved...the 2006 Giants will be not as good as the 2005 Giants...back to mediocroty.

Guest nosebleed

I believe the plan is being called The Blind Man's Plan.........Considering the additions, there isin't improvement from last year's squad. They added an aging cornerback, a player many consider on the downward spiral; a career back-up, and a safety coming off knee surgery, explain how that is considered improvment.

The linebackers haven't been touched, as a matter of fact, the second best linebacker on the team hasn't been offered a contract.

Now we have the DT follies. At present time, they have absolutely no starting DT on the team, just a fat slob and a bigger fat slob.

Kudos to Ernie for doing, well, nothing..................

I believe the plan is being called The Blind Man's Plan.........Considering the additions, there isin't improvement from last year's squad. They added an aging cornerback, a player many consider on the downward spiral; a career back-up, and a safety coming off knee surgery, explain how that is considered improvment.

The linebackers haven't been touched, as a matter of fact, the second best linebacker on the team hasn't been offered a contract.

Now we have the DT follies. At present time, they have absolutely no starting DT on the team, just a fat slob and a bigger fat slob.

Kudos to Ernie for doing, well, nothing..................

Unfortunately, that's exactly what EA has done thus far.

Even if we have a great draft...we can't expect all of our picks to make an impact and salvage the defense.

They are rookies after all.

I really really hope that Bunkley fall to us...if he's there we take him. The draft is deep in Linebackers...we'll be able to pick up someone good in the second round. As of now that's the best I can hope for.

Yes Bruckner is better then Clancy.

Dont know about the rookie we dont know who it is yet.

Allen / Clancy are Back up DT's at best....

Allen

The problem with Allen is he lacks quickness. He is slow off the ball, he does not have an explosive first step and he will not disrupt plays with penetration. He will come off the ball too high and physical blockers will get under him and he will get driven off the ball. He does not do good job of keeping blockers from getting to the second level. He has poor recognition skills and he can not find the ball at times. He lacks a variety of pass rush moves, relies too much on the bull rush and he is often stuck at the LOS against quality pass protectors. He is not very effective running line stunts. He is too slow getting around, he can not make lineman redirect and he is easily pickup. Overall, Allen lacks great quickness and foot speed and he does not have the pass rush ability to be an every down player. He is an adequate back-up who will give decent depth at the position.

Clancy

He lacks the size, bulk and overall strength for the position. He lacks good defensive line technique. He lacks good recognition skills and he has trouble locating the ball at times. He plays too high, he as poor leverage at times and he does not uses his hands effectively. He has hard time getting off blocks, he can not disengage quickly and he gets pushed back off the line of scrimmage. He struggles to hold the POA on double teams, he does not protect his legs vs scoop blocks and he is on the ground to much. He does not have good pass rush ability. He lacks power and lower body strength to push the pile. He does not have a variety of pass rush moves and he is often stuck at the LOS.

We pick up on good DT FA and one Rookie DT we are fine lossing those two wasnt as big a deal as some would like you to think

Buckner is still an option although he did recently state he would love to finish his career in ATL and he has had a physical taken with them. Dont rule out Grady Jackson. He might have failed a physical (so the rumor says) but I've also heard that Grady didnt sign with ATL because his asking price was too high for ATL. As of right now our chances of signing Lavar look pretty slim. That would enable us to spend a little extra cap space dollars into the DT position. Other players are available. Jason Fisk, James Reed, Brandon Noble are all decent FA options.

In the end I think Buckner signs with Atlanta and we end up with Grady Jackson. Jackson would come for a similar contract we would have offered Clancy hadnt he signed with Arizona so quickly. Seeing that we were planning on matching that offer it makes sense. Jackson has connections with us already. Mike Waufle coached him back in Oakland, they have reportedly spoken already on the phone. We could certainly use a big body like Jackson to replace Clancy as the nose gaurd. But no matter who we bring in via FA I still think we will draft a player with in the first 4 rounds of the draft. Most likely a quick penetrating relentless DT to help wear down opposing offensive lineman.

I think within the next few weeks we could see Fiedler, Proehl, and Jackson all signed. If not I wouldnt sweat it, there is still plenty of options out there for us.

thanks pizan!

At this point its a waiting game.

Everyone on this board understands the holes

the giants have and If we fill them we should

be able to compete pretty well.

Alot of people dont have faith in Madison as and upgrade

over Will Allen but my opinion was Allen had trouble tracking

the flight of the ball when it was thrown to his defending WR.

Defending the pass is and art and not to put him down in any way

he never made plays on the ball because he just didnt have that special

ability turn and play the ball at the right moment.

Madison may have lost a step but didnt lose that gift that allen never had.

Guest Carbo
Our defense is in big trouble !!!
Oh, ye of little faith! If we can consistently score 35 points per game, the Giants will be just fine. . .just fine.

thanks pizan!

At this point its a waiting game.

Everyone on this board understands the holes

the giants have and If we fill them we should

be able to compete pretty well.

Alot of people dont have faith in Madison as and upgrade

over Will Allen but my opinion was Allen had trouble tracking

the flight of the ball when it was thrown to his defending WR.

Defending the pass is and art and not to put him down in any way

he never made plays on the ball because he just didnt have that special

ability turn and play the ball at the right moment.

Madison may have lost a step but didnt lose that gift that allen never had.

The secondary has been upgraded IMO. I did not know Noble was an FA option. That IMO would be a solid pickup.

Guest Nutty Sack
The secondary has been upgraded IMO. I did not know Noble was an FA option. That IMO would be a solid pickup.

Everything is just fine........just fine indeed.