SportsWrath

Hopefully all you Gilbride haters will shut up.

JMFP

Complete with his game-ly SNAFUs of throwing it in the late 4th quarter, up by 18 when all we need to do is run clock. GREAT 3rd and 5 call. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would have preferred to see some, uhh, running the ball fresh out of the gates. You know Eli comes out a little antsy and high....get a good chunk of yards running the ball, let him relax and start out with a nice 3rd and medium to short....but NOOOOOOOOOO gotta come out slinging every game.

Despite putting up 41, when it really counted, Gilbride still suffers from errant playcalling at crucial points in the game.

We're 3rd ranked offense in the NFL, have the players to do what we want, when we want; and are 5-2 while getting better.

Cut down the turnovers, and this offense will be frightening.

It almost makes me want to cry when I think what might have been if Fewell was here last year. Maybe not the SB, but our season damn sure wouldn't have ended on week 17. Oh, well.

It almost makes me want to cry when I think what might have been if Fewell was here last year. Maybe not the SB, but our season damn sure wouldn't have ended on week 17. Oh, well.

With the personnel we were left with in the secondary I don't think Jesus Himself could have got us into the playoffs.

:laugh:

Even after calling a decent game for 2.5 quarters, I agree with Storm that Gilfuck still almost fucked it up. But even he was disgusted with Eli's last INT. But that is what you get for pushing a gunslinger offense when all you have to do is play keep away only and unless an opportunity to score arises.

:laugh:

Even after calling a decent game for 2.5 quarters, I agree with Storm that Gilfuck still almost fucked it up. But even he was disgusted with Eli's last INT. But that is what you get for pushing a gunslinger offense when all you have to do is play keep away only and unless an opportunity to score arises.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with running the ball on 3rd and 5 at your own 40 with like 5-6 minutes left in the game....with the lead....PUNTING if you don't pick up the first (but with Bradshaw, he prolly would have picked it up) in that situation would have been great because they then have to drive nearly the whole field (but who knows with our punt coverage special teams) and that takes even more time off the clock, which works in your favor. So yah, he called some great plays in the middle 2 quarters, but he came out feisty, which I don't mind, but you establish the run first, and the pass opens up, not the other way around....

I don't think anyone will leave Gilbride alone till he leaves and someone even less competent replaces him, that can happen.

I agree. Not a defender of Gilbride but some of us need to be careful what we're wishing for.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with running the ball on 3rd and 5 at your own 40 with like 5-6 minutes left in the game....with the lead....PUNTING if you don't pick up the first (but with Bradshaw, he prolly would have picked it up) in that situation would have been great because they then have to drive nearly the whole field (but who knows with our punt coverage special teams) and that takes even more time off the clock, which works in your favor. So yah, he called some great plays in the middle 2 quarters, but he came out feisty, which I don't mind, but you establish the run first, and the pass opens up, not the other way around....

Normally, this would be a good argument. But with the way our coverage has played, do you REALLY want to punt? Yeah, you did mention that problem. I could understand it, we had no answer for Dez Bryant.

I don't mind opening up with passing--with Dallas, their weakness is in their secondary, so it makes sense to have them try to stop our passing game; then have them try to compensate AND try to stop the run.

Normally, this would be a good argument. But with the way our coverage has played, do you REALLY want to punt? Yeah, you did mention that problem. I could understand it, we had no answer for Dez Bryant.

I don't mind opening up with passing--with Dallas, their weakness is in their secondary, so it makes sense to have them try to stop our passing game; then have them try to compensate AND try to stop the run.

Dodge had been excellent at avoiding Dez Bryant after the return. He probably would have successfully kicked it out the back of the endzone....he's very un-Feagles like that.

There weakness is their secondary, but their strength is guys teeing off on the DLine. That's what happened during the beginning.