SportsWrath

Turnovers...

GorillaNJ

If you are TC and the Giants coaching staff how do you stop these turnovers. They turned a dominating performance into a close game. They lost us a game against Tenn... and will bite this team in the ass against good competition.

Running backs, is obvious to work on drills where they carry it high and tight.. but those drills have to show up on the field. Several times AB had that ball hanging out as I screamed at the TV.

WR... Catch the god damned ball when it hits you in the hands, or at least do not hit it up into the air. I understand the passes were high and hard but popping it up for the secondary is not an option.... and Nicks we all know your hands are huge but tuck that fucking ball away.

QB... Eli has to stop throwing high to WRs in double coverages especially on medium routes, and has to stop forcing the ball. With the Defense he has backing him up punting really is not that horrible of an option.

I think most tipped INTs (except Bradshaw's which hit him on the numbers) have been from a high right ball from Eli early in the game. There seems to be something fundamentally wrong in his technique, something that he gets ironed out later in the game.

Eli's throwing high has plagued him for a long time. He did it all the time to Plax and Toomer too.

Bottom line, the whole team should take a day or two over the bye week to stress ball security. Goes for all players both offense and defense. Wouldn't hurt to emphasize stripping drills on defense too

And holy Christ, how about some Special Teams.....kick coverage is horrible.

The offense is playing with complete abandon.....for both good and bad. In the running game and the passing game, the offense was going lights out.

Eli was absolutely fearless in Dallas, and I think he paid a few times for it.

I've lost count of how many times Eli has been picked on deflections....its ridiculous. know those were tough passes to catch, and the throws were a little high, but dammit, both those INTs hit the receivers in BOTH HANDS....for fuck sakes, catch the ball.

Of his 3 INTs, the one to Bear Pascoe is 100% on Eli....no reason to put the ball up for grabs and breathe life back into the roadkill known as the Cowboys.

Eli's throwing high has plagued him for a long time. He did it all the time to Plax and Toomer too.

Bottom line, the whole team should take a day or two over the bye week to stress ball security. Goes for all players both offense and defense. Wouldn't hurt to emphasize stripping drills on defense too

And holy Christ, how about some Special Teams.....kick coverage is horrible.

i agree with all of this.

i really don't buy that if you can get your hands on it, you should catch it. what happens then is you get a team of alligator armed WR's

how about if you can see the receiver, put it someplace he can catch it? people who supported kerri collins used to say the same thing about his interceptions.

jacobs fumble was a good play by the defender. bradshaws was caused by indecision at the line of scrimmage.

oh and i like apple turnovers the best

I said this years back and I'll say it again. I believe Eli's problems maybe attributed to him not really warming up as much as he should... notice he used to suck in cold weather.... notice he started erratic then he settled down... although I must say I'm loving the lasers he's been throwing recently.

The offense is playing with complete abandon.....for both good and bad. In the running game and the passing game, the offense was going lights out.

Eli was absolutely fearless in Dallas, and I think he paid a few times for it.

I've lost count of how many times Eli has been picked on deflections....its ridiculous. know those were tough passes to catch, and the throws were a little high, but dammit, both those INTs hit the receivers in BOTH HANDS....for fuck sakes, catch the ball.

Of his 3 INTs, the one to Bear Pascoe is 100% on Eli....no reason to put the ball up for grabs and breathe life back into the roadkill known as the Cowboys.

Few of these deflected passes have been 'good', but most of the time those balls fall harmlessly. We saw two balls go in and out of Miles Austin's hands similarly, Romo was just lucky there wasn't a defensive player back there. Its just bad luck... on the bright side, they're spending those inevitable bad bounces now, and are 5-2 despite them. I haven't forgotten that this is practically the same offense that set an NFL record for fewest turnovers a couple years back. They could recapture that.

I dont get the whole gloves thing

Put some rosin on your damm hands and put up with the pain......really what pussies these modern receivers are

ever try to catch a football with gloves? you have absolutely no feel ......its like sex with a thick rubber :05-mafia:

Quick, I need something to drive the visual of Jackstroud's prophylactic from my mind.....

apple-turnovers.105111106_std.jpg