SportsWrath

Giants cut Kicker sign OL

Lughead

guess next year's draft would be the O-LINE upgrade....

I think we actually have the nucleus for a pretty good line down the road.

Shawn Andrews has looked very good this year, Koets did a nice job for O'Hara and the coached like Petrus in pre-season.

If we could pick up a decent young tackle ( Beaty looks like a bust ) in the first or second round next spring????

wouldn't mind a good OT in the draft at all. Koets..... i don't know. The most consistent part of Coughlin's offense during his tenure has been the OL, so whatever he goes with will work for me.

if we don't sign a kicker in FA, i think we have to draft one. i'm sick and tired of Tynes. he fucking awful and even kicks from 30 yards out I'm nervous.

still need to draft a WLB too

wouldn't mind a good OT in the draft at all. Koets..... i don't know. The most consistent part of Coughlin's offense during his tenure has been the OL, so whatever he goes with will work for me.

if we don't sign a kicker in FA, i think we have to draft one. i'm sick and tired of Tynes. he fucking awful and even kicks from 30 yards out I'm nervous.

still need to draft a WLB too

All good things to have. I thought Koets came on pretty good for us, especially in the Houston game ( leg whip aside )

WLB is an interesting position. I like the way Fewel has used Grant as sort of a hybrid LB / Safety has been a great answer to 1 back / shotgun sets. A smallish college LB with great speed might be a nice player type to look for.

All good things to have. I thought Koets came on pretty good for us, especially in the Houston game ( leg whip aside )

WLB is an interesting position. I like the way Fewel has used Grant as sort of a hybrid LB / Safety has been a great answer to 1 back / shotgun sets. A smallish college LB with great speed might be a nice player type to look for.

Could be the fact Fewel realized our LBs sucks balls.... but a LB/Safety does sound pretty awesome.

as for the O-line, we need one from the draft. the Indy game clearly show us that.

beatty already looks like a bust?

its only his 2nd year.

I would love to be wrong but he was horrible in pre season and w/ the injury he isn't even getting practice reps this year.

he will enter his 3rd year in no better shape than he was in his first.

I am not saying the kid has NO shot to make good but right now the odds are against him.

I would love to be wrong but he was horrible in pre season and w/ the injury he isn't even getting practice reps this year.

he will enter his 3rd year in no better shape than he was in his first.

I am not saying the kid has NO shot to make good but right now the odds are against him.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Whimper?

Beatty was getting a lot of time at LT before he got hurt.

I actually like the pick up of Jamon Meredith, I think he could develop into a decent guard (if not tackle).

here is what drew boylhart had on him before last year's draft

http://thehuddlereport.com/Free/archive/2009DRAFT/PlayerProfiles/Jamon.Meredith.htm

Jamon Meredith OT South Carolina

STRENGTHS

Jamon has good size and athletic ability to play his position. He shows decent feet and natural agility. He does a solid job mirroring his man in pass protection and has the athletic ability to go out to the second level and block. Jamon is a smart player and looks to be a strong teammate. He works very well with his line mates and shows leadership skills through his play on the field. Jamon also shows the mental stamina to be a consistent solid offensive lineman for the next level.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE

Jamon needs a lot more upper body strength. Right now, he is playing his position on athletic ability but for the next level he will have to improve his balance and techniques when pass blocking and will have to get much stronger to run block. Jamon looks to have excellent work ethic and, in my opinion, it will just be a matter of time before he is ready to truly compete at the next level.

TALENT BOARD ROUND 2

Personally, I feel Jamon's true impact position for the next level will be at the LG position. I'm not convinced his body type will allow him to be a true LT, but he will be able to play that position in a pinch, which makes him a very valuable player. Because of his multi-position talent, Jamon should be a hot player in this draft and could go high in this draft. So look for Rob's board to see where this kid lands on the value board. It will still take Jamon some time to develop, but when he does, he should be a starting impact LG with the potential to be a starting LT.