SportsWrath

One thing I didn't understand about the Texans game

JMFP

The 3rd quarter was a little bizarre.

The G-Men are up by 3 touchdowns, and for reasons that escaped me, were still putting the ball up in the air.

I can understand not wanting to play too conversatively, but considering our running game was doing a nice job, and considering our defense was beating the shit out of the Texans, I couldn't understand not just running the ball.

I'm cool with calling a high percentage pass here and there, but if the play isn't there, just scamble a bit and slide down.

After the first pick, they dodged a bullet when the Texans turned it back over.

But, then, it's right back to the pass, and another turnover. When the score was cut to 24-10, all the old freak show Giant losses started up in my mind.

It was as if the Giants wanted to make things a little challenging.

I guess that's Gilbride just being Gilbride.

On the other side, it was awesome to see a complete lack of prevent defense the past two wins. Fewell is really punching up the right defensive button.

Should have been Brandon Time. Let Bradshaw rest his ankle and grind down the clock. I was happy for the extra fantasy points from the Smith TD though.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Give it to Jacobs, and make the Texans stop what they couldn't stop in the first half.

Worst case scenario, you punt a couple times in the 3rd.

My biggest question of the game was why no "grounding" was called on Shwab on the 3rd down play from his own end zone in the 1st ( 14 - 0 at the time ). He pretty much had a straight drop so he was definitely in the tackle box and there wasn't anyone close to the ball that I could see when it hit the turf.

I thought we where going to be awarded the safety.

My biggest question of the game was why no "grounding" was called on Shwab on the 3rd down play from his own end zone in the 1st ( 14 - 0 at the time ). He pretty much had a straight drop so he was definitely in the tackle box and there wasn't anyone close to the ball that I could see when it hit the turf.

I thought we where going to be awarded the safety.

I saw that too. Apparently "in the area" for a receiver has about a 20 yard range.

Wasn't Gilbride, it was Eli that made the third quarter strange.

The 3rd quarter was a little bizarre.

The G-Men are up by 3 touchdowns, and for reasons that escaped me, were still putting the ball up in the air.

I can understand not wanting to play too conversatively, but considering our running game was doing a nice job, and considering our defense was beating the shit out of the Texans, I couldn't understand not just running the ball.

I'm cool with calling a high percentage pass here and there, but if the play isn't there, just scamble a bit and slide down.

After the first pick, they dodged a bullet when the Texans turned it back over.

But, then, it's right back to the pass, and another turnover. When the score was cut to 24-10, all the old freak show Giant losses started up in my mind.

It was as if the Giants wanted to make things a little challenging.

I guess that's Gilbride just being Gilbride.

On the other side, it was awesome to see a complete lack of prevent defense the past two wins. Fewell is really punching up the right defensive button.