SportsWrath

I'm beginning to love Matt Morris

fringe

Many pitchers (are you listening Jason Schmidt?) can learn a lot from him about tempo, establishing a strike zone and keeping the defense in the game. So far, the guy is masterful in a Giants uniform. Good job, Sabean.

Vincente Padilla has been a pleasant surprise for us so far, and Loe has pitched well. And Millwood seemed to get in shape last night. Still can't help but wonder how decent our staff would be if we still had Young in the order. Hopefull Eaton comes back and gets right into form.

Now I love Morris even more. He plunked 2 batters in the 1st inning in retaliation to Omar Vizquel getting beaned by Jose Mesa the night before. Got to love that.

Good, I hate the way Baseball is reacting to pitchers plunking batters. Everytime a pitcher hits a batter it becomes a big deal and people talk suspensions. Pitchers can't pitch inside anymore, batters wear huge armor so they can lean out over the plate and pitchers lose half the plate.

I love guys like Rocket and Pedro who take the plate back.

Good, I hate the way Baseball is reacting to pitchers plunking batters. Everytime a pitcher hits a batter it becomes a big deal and people talk suspensions. Pitchers can't pitch inside anymore, batters wear huge armor so they can lean out over the plate and pitchers lose half the plate.

I love guys like Rocket and Pedro who take the plate back.

well, this is a bit more personal. Apparently Vizquel wrote a book and said in it that Mesa choked in the '97 world series (which he did). Mesa vowed to throw at him everytime he faces hi. He's hit him 3 times so far, I think.

well, this is a bit more personal. Apparently Vizquel wrote a book and said in it that Mesa choked in the '97 world series (which he did). Mesa vowed to throw at him everytime he faces hi. He's hit him 3 times so far, I think.

Yeah i heard that, I was just ranting. lol

Actually, i blame Frank Robinson for the start of the "safe batter" era, for all the talk of how old school he is, he was the one that started the suspensions and shit over hit batsmen.

i hate matt cain. 3 starts 0-2 like5 ERA. i thought he was gonna be a breakout star behind morris, schmidt, and lowry in the rotation but it hasnt happened. if he bombs against the mets tonight, im dropping him

guess you're not dropping him :P

I played against Morris in high school, he was 6 1 150 pounds and a better SS back then than a pitcher. Then he went to Seton Hall, grew 4 inches gained 60 pounds and was throwing absolute gas by the age of 19. He has really learned how to pitch since the arm surgery.

• 1 month later...
I played against Morris in high school, he was 6 1 150 pounds and a better SS back then than a pitcher. Then he went to Seton Hall, grew 4 inches gained 60 pounds and was throwing absolute gas by the age of 19. He has really learned how to pitch since the arm surgery.

and he has really forgotten since April :cwy:

• 2 weeks later...