SportsWrath

1st Annual Sportswrath.com Interactive Mock Draft

Money

A final attempt...

I would hate to see it end like this so I got to thinking. Lets take a pause until monday. Tomorrow we could send a pm/email to all the participating GMs regarding the lack of participation. We could have each GM who is willing to participate and do there part to help finish the draft send a re-confirmation pm back to Money or one of us. If we get a majority of the GMs to reconfirm we can continue this. For the GMs who dont send a re-confirmation pm we could make their selection for them either as a committee or use the generic draft value board. Also for the GMs who do send a re-confirmation pm, they would have to submit a prospect draft value board of their own. If not we dont count them as one of the reconfirming GMs or participants.

Now this would be a last attempt for those of us who would like to continue this draft. If there is enough who are willing to actually step up and help instead of relying so heavily on Money we could get this done. I think the majority of us here have all been guilty of doing that in one way or another. Personally I would like to help finish what Money started for us. I think with enough recommitments we can finish the last 2 rounds.

I think I've been less dependable then you have so don't take it so hard.

Yea but ya know I hate commiting myself to anything to begin with. Once I do, I have to be accountable for what ever happens. I had computer problems yesterday and that is understandable but I also said I would help out in the very begining and I havent done much helping. I understand this is just a message board and we are here for fun but I hate to see someone dedicate his time and efforts for it to turn out like this.

A final attempt...

I would hate to see it end like this so I got to thinking. Lets take a pause until monday. Tomorrow we could send a pm/email to all the participating GMs regarding the lack of participation. We could have each GM who is willing to participate and do there part to help finish the draft send a re-confirmation pm back to Money or one of us. If we get a majority of the GMs to reconfirm we can continue this. For the GMs who dont send a re-confirmation pm we could make their selection for them either as a committee or use the generic draft value board. Also for the GMs who do send a re-confirmation pm, they would have to submit a prospect draft value board of their own. If not we dont count them as one of the reconfirming GMs or participants.

Now this would be a last attempt for those of us who would like to continue this draft. If there is enough who are willing to actually step up and help instead of relying so heavily on Money we could get this done. I think the majority of us here have all been guilty of doing that in one way or another. Personally I would like to help finish what Money started for us. I think with enough recommitments we can finish the last 2 rounds.

I agree, I think it was just a bad coincidence we all missed today. Me and Nem got caught up at work but came late, so on and so on. After the holiday weekend, I think everyone will be back and ready.

Yea but ya know I hate commiting myself to anything to begin with. Once I do, I have to be accountable for what ever happens. I had computer problems yesterday and that is understandable but I also said I would help out in the very begining and I havent done much helping. I understand this is just a message board and we are here for fun but I hate to see someone dedicate his time and efforts for it to turn out like this.

Yeah I'm exactly the same way. I was hoping ot help out a lot more, but a ton of issues have limited my ability to be around during the draft times.

If this is the end I'd like to thank Money for a ton of thankless work on putting this on anyway. Hopefully we can continue, I had big plans for rounds 3 and 4

I'm really sorry I missed tonight. I had an unexpected passover seder that I needed to go to and was unavailable to be online. If the draft restarts on Monday I will definitely be available to finish the draft.

As for my team, the Seahawks we were actually targeting Cedric Griffin as our second round pick. At this point it looks like a rookie will be starting for the Seahawks at corner, unless of course they sign Ty Law. Cedric Griffin is a great compliment to our first round pick, Youboty, because we expect to have solid competition in training camp for that second CB slot. Both Youboty and Griffin played at big schools against top flight competition. The chances of one of them emerging as a solid NFL corner is good. But then again we might get Ty Law.

A final attempt...

I don't know what was so hard for everyone else to do, this was set up at least 2 weeks in advance with clear instructions as to what would happen to those who couldn't be there to make their pick. In the first round I wasn't able to make my pick live so I sent Money a list of 10 players in advance... likewise for tonight but as you can see I was able to participate.

I'm all in favor of keeping this going after this weekend, which would obviously require some rescheduling but I fully understand Money's point of putting in all of this hard work to set this up, get peoples commitments & then have 80% not participate. I would be disapointed as well, if the draft continues so be it but I have to side with Money on this as he has put too much work into this just to let certian individuals non-participation ruin it for everyone else.

how about as a group we take over and let money step aside, he's done enough already, he shouldnt have to do anymore, especially after what happened in round 2. i personally have no picks in round 3, so scheduling for that next week can be whenever. i don't think i have any other plans next week, all i have is work and the gym after work, so i'm pretty flexible as far as times go. we need to start doing some research to update the big board for round 3 and 4 however, as most only go about 2 rounds.

I would not mind attempting a 3rd round starting Monday night and ending Tuesday. It is very short notice, so starting the 3rd round on Tuesday may be more logical.

I do need to go back to drawing board in terms of constructing ways to circumvent missed picks. Last year, giving everyone 6 hours on the clock had its problems. I realize that people have commitments and other priorities, which is why I instituted the schedule ... so that everyone would know exactly when they were picking, and thus could send in draft boards if necessary. Seemed like a good idea at the time, although it failed as well. I cannot pinpoint why.

Needless to say, the format requires a lot of tweaking. I'm just disappointed that there were various people who accepted the invitation to participate, then confirmed their desire to participate, then were complete no-shows. I would like to take this opportunity to applaud those who made their picks, especially the GMs who were away or occupied but took the time to send their list in advance.