SportsWrath

Tiki Barber: Coughlin's job is in jeopardy

JMFP

I think the real problem here is Tiki walked away in his prime....the fans feel he cheated them out of 3-4 more great years

now they want to punish him.......how childish is that

Also, reading some comments today about how many players want to leave Baltimore to play for Rex Ryan again.

Coughlin is not a loveable figure.........hes a cold guy, stiff, somewhat lifeless, but a good NFL HC nonetheless

tiki barber was a great RB and he deserves to be celebrated for his achievements.

tiki barber is/was a narcissist who was a divisive teammate and in retirement has taken pot shots at his team in the media.

Two things can be equally true.

His "hidden" agenda gives him no credibility when reporting on the Giants and therefore anything he says

(even this which was pretty harmless and true) will be taken in a negative bent. It's the price you pay for being a prick.

Lastly, this is really poor timing for someone who is scheduled to get honored on Sunday. He could have written about this next week.

Jim Brown was an outspoken superhero who was narsisstic and went out in his prime......why is Tiki not also allowed to speak his mind

look Coughlin is a good coach but nobodies running though a brick wall for this guy.........hes had a long long run as Giants HC.....but he's not getting good performances out of outstanding talent

maybe its time for a change......maybe overdue

what is so sacred about Coughlin?

Jim Brown was an outspoken superhero who was narsisstic and went out in his prime......why is Tiki not also allowed to speak his mind

look Coughlin is a good coach but nobodies running though a brick wall for this guy.........hes had a long long run as Giants HC.....but he's not getting good performances out of outstanding talent

Be careful what you wish for. Fewell will be the next head coach.

Who else is available? Cowher? Not likely. Fox? Mmmmm, possibly. Parcells just 'retired' in Miami saying he doesn't know what he wants to do, but he wants to do something.

The only way Coughlin is going anywhere is a major 1-15 meltdown or retirement.

This is a poor comparison . Jim Brown never said that Milt Plum was a wimpy leader or that Blanton Coller was losing control of his team. No, when he left he started shtupping Raquel Welch.

In his defense he is alot fatter and older in that picture, took me a couple glances to figure out it was old Morris.

To be 100% honest, I only knew it was Joe because JMFP posted the pic (and I cheated and right clicked > view image info). Looking at the pic at face value, if I was offered a million bucks, I couldn't tell you who it was.

I'm not even going to argue this anymore. Some of you guys would be all right with Tiki taking a shit on the buffet table at Coughlin's retirement dinner, and say that Tom had it coming.

But Tiki NEVER took a pay cut. What he did agree to do was to convert some of his salary to bonus money for salary cap reasons. He would have still netted the same amount of money over the length of his contract--in fact, since the bonus money was up front and he never finished the full length of his contract, he may have wound up with MORE money than if it was still salary.

He isn't going homeless anytime soon. :rolleyes:

I didnt remember the details of what he did, but he did it to stay in blue and it helped someway in keeping other players. If he could do that and still net the same amount of money, then hes a smart cookie. All Im sayin is Tiki was a career Giant who gives criticism when its needed. There could be a line that he crosses, but I dont believe hes done that. the Giants need to clean their act up. Its true.

This is a poor comparison . Jim Brown never said that Milt Plum was a wimpy leader or that Blanton Coller was losing control of his team. No, when he left he started shtupping Raquel Welch.

:clap::LMAO::banana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx-ki7sw_CQ&feature=related

Pleeeeze nat like dis.... :LMAO:

Ronde Barber heard the boos rain down on his brother at the Meadowlands Sunday night and he says that reaction says something about Giants fans.

Nothing very good.

"It reflects poorly on the Giants fans," Ronde told Sirius NFL Radio Friday. "They were there to honor him for what he did on the football field and they let what he's done post-football come into play. I think it's unfortunate."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/10/09/2010-10-09_ronde_calls_reaction_to_tiki_tacky.html#ixzz124SV1uhU

At the end of the day, TIki was great on the field and I'm glad he got recognized for it.

That being said, I think as a person, he's a piece of shit who is literally using his former team to gain publicity for himself. Really, if he's not trashing the Giants in some manner, do you really hear anything from him?

Ronde can kiss my ass....tell your brother to shut up the week before and no one says anything. Want to mouth off take the consequences. Don't owe MeMe and Roundabout jack shit. :F-U: