SportsWrath

I still think personel wise this one of the best Giants

JackStroud

teams we have ever fielded

were off to a rocky start, the schedule is brutal, but despite all this I think we take this division and advance...I truly do

The wild card is now Michael Vick......the guy is unworldly talented.

you want to be making these mistakes and working out the kinks in Sept not December

We outgained the Titans 450 to 200 yds.....thats a very good sign as they are a tough team...we also held the leagues best RB in check.

teams we have ever fielded

were off to a rocky start, the schedule is brutal, but despite all this I think we take this division and advance...I truly do

The wild card is now Michael Vick......the guy is unworldly talented.

you want to be making these mistakes and working out the kinks in Sept not December

We outgained the Titans 450 to 200 yds.....thats a very good sign as they are a tough team...we also held the leagues best RB in check.

Going to get rockier next week ,Jay Cutler is going to rip our secondary a new one.

And to be honest, I don't expect much out of the D when we face Vick either . not until they hold a "PLAYERS ONLY MEETING" and hold each other accountable and start a" fire down below " just between them . things are not going to change until they want "it". I mean we saw shades here and there of good play but nothing sustainable for more than a play or two , maybe a goal line stand .

I tend to agree that we have great personnel on the field.....good enough to win. Makes me question coaching and especially team spirit.

We must get a special teams coach that has a clue. And we must get a kicker or the season is over.

I think Coughlin took 2 steps forward in motivating team spirit in the superbowl year. I think he's taken 4 steps backwards. No bowling (that I heard about anyway), and no team building efforts away from the field. Getting a team to believe in themselves and get excited takes a lot of skill. Bill Walsh was probably the best coach for building self belief in the team with some of the most imaginative ways. Coughlin needs to do more than scowl on the sidelines.

Going to get rockier next week ,Jay Cutler is going to rip our secondary a new one.

And to be honest, I don't expect much out of the D when we face Vick either . not until they hold a "PLAYERS ONLY MEETING" and hold each other accountable and start a" fire down below " just between them . things are not going to change until they want "it". I mean we saw shades here and there of good play but nothing sustainable for more than a play or two , maybe a goal line stand .

Right now, our O line is not performing up to what they've done in the past and as a result, the running game just isn't clicking. It's not for lack of effort. Maybe they're getting a little long in the tooth, maybe opposing defenses are anticipating our running plays through formation and tendencies, maybe all the injuries and shuffling through camp hasn't allowed them to mesh as a unit yet....but it's not for lack of effort or "fire". Or do they have the "fire" for the passing game only?

Defensively, our LBs aren't a pro bowl bunch - we know that and we also know our DTs haven't been the force we hoped and we know they are still learning and getting comfortable in a new defense. But to think they aren't playing hard and all these issues can be magically solved by holding a meeting......well, I just wish - and I'm sure they just wish - it was that easy.

Right now, our O line is not performing up to what they've done in the past and as a result, the running game just isn't clicking. It's not for lack of effort. Maybe they're getting a little long in the tooth, maybe opposing defenses are anticipating our running plays through formation and tendencies, maybe all the injuries and shuffling through camp hasn't allowed them to mesh as a unit yet....but it's not for lack of effort or "fire". Or do they have the "fire" for the passing game only?

Defensively, our LBs aren't a pro bowl bunch - we know that and we also know our DTs haven't been the force we hoped and we know they are still learning and getting comfortable in a new defense. But to think they aren't playing hard and all these issues can be magically solved by holding a meeting......well, I just wish - and I'm sure they just wish - it was that easy.

what are you talking about we are marching up and down the field and the runners are gaining 5 yds a clip on average and no longer getting stopped in the backfield or at the LOS

The problem is mental mistakes, lack of discipline, and dropping the pill in the "Green Zone"

These problems are all correctable....I'd like to see Shawn Andrews in there more often, maybe even as a starter

replace Deihl and move Deihl to Guard.......otherwise its just been bad luck and discipline.....this team is at least as good personnel wise as the recent SB winners

what are you talking about we are marching up and down the field and the runners are gaining 5 yds a clip on average and no longer getting stopped in the backfield or at the LOS

The problem is mental mistakes, lack of discipline, and dropping the pill in the "Green Zone"

These problems are all correctable....I'd like to see Shawn Andrews in there more often, maybe even as a starter

replace Deihl and move Deihl to Guard.......otherwise its just been bad luck and discipline.....this team is at least as good personnel wise as the recent SB winners

We marched up and down the field mostly through the air - Eli threw for almost 400 yards! And even our rushing numbers are a bit misleading. Too many runs go for 0, 1 or 2 yards, leaving us in more difficult down and distance situations, leading to unbalanced approach. We ran 20 times, threw 50 (counting the 2 sacks).

That said, I agree a lot more with the problem being mental mistakes, lack of discipline and of course, turnovers, than a lack of fire.

And who do you want to replace Deihl with? Beatty had a chance to take the job in camp and clearly wasn't ready....and now he's hurt, anyway. You want to tell me Andrews can step in and handle the LT position, even though he hasn't played tackle (save for subbing this season) since college? I wish I was as sure.

And who do you want to replace Deihl with? Beatty had a chance to take the job in camp and clearly wasn't ready....and now he's hurt, anyway. You want to tell me Andrews can step in and handle the LT position, even though he hasn't played tackle (save for subbing this season) since college? I wish I was as sure.

Andrews is a bonafide All-Pro I believe it was 3 times over....he can play any o-line position....just rotate him in there

As Napoleon famously said "If you have a cannon USE IT!!!"

Diehl is never going to be a pro bowl caliber LT

We are a team to fear.....we just have to raise our caliber of play a bit higher and not turn the ball over......the team needs a bit of swagger

The Bears play a Tampa-2 defense, and their offensive line is among the shakiest in the league.

We should be able to throw on the Bears.....look for Steve Smith to have a tremendous day as he just sits inside the gaps of the Bears coverage.

If our defensive line cannot generate a pass rush against Cutler, we have some major issues.

The Bears play a Tampa-2 defense, and their offensive line is among the shakiest in the league.

We should be able to throw on the Bears.....look for Steve Smith to have a tremendous day as he just sits inside the gaps of the Bears coverage.

If our defensive line cannot generate a pass rush against Cutler, we have some major issues.

I know Cutler has an occassional break out game but I personally do not rear Jay Cutler

we better keep our punts on the sidelines though maybe just kick them all out of bounds

If you're talking Offensive personnel, I would agree. Defense, no freakin way. Special Teams, not even close.

perhaps

I've been a Giants fan for 45 years

we have not had an offense since Frank Gifford, Alex Webster, and YA Tittle, Homer Jones and all those guys

what an offensive line that was with Roosevelt Brown, Jack Stroud etc

I'd say that offense was better than this one

The 86 D was definitely better than todays....but not by as much as you might think.....this D is talented and has a lot of room to improve as the year goes on....that 86 peaked that year....

I did not see the special teams as being so horrid other than that damm Scotsman......I'd put him in jail with his brother after Sunday's meltdown.....maybe Eli pitched the ball as he thought Tynes might miss from the 3 yd line

Bears will be a good test of where we really stand.....Titans game was a fluke......Colts was just bad coaching

PS- Who do we have that can spy Michael Vick.....can anyone run with him.....I wanted Vick so bad when he got out of jail

Watch......the Eagles will get Plaxico too....they just want to WIN BABY <_<

I know Cutler has an occassional break out game but I personally do not rear Jay Cutler

we better keep our punts on the sidelines though maybe just kick them all out of bounds

I don't fear his receivers, but I fear his arm. That dude can put a ball in a tight spot. The Giants secondary really needs to play aggressively.

More importantly, the Giants front 4 has to tee off on Cutler. The Bears offensive line is patchwork....if the Giants defensive line is as good as some people think, this should be a clear mismatch.

I agree, Dodge should be punting out of bounds.....too bad we can't count on our kicking game for shit, though.

It's not the D's fault. Two redzone turn-overs and two missed field goals cost us that game.

I'm worried about our OLine vs the Bears front 4.

I worry about our OLine vs any front 4. It was bad enough when they weren't opening up holes for our RB's. Now Eli barely has time enough to pick up his primary receiver, never mind a secondary one.

On a side note, I don't understand SW's love for Hedgecock. What the hell does this guy do except take up a roster spot?

I worry about our OLine vs any front 4. It was bad enough when they weren't opening up holes for our RB's. Now Eli barely has time enough to pick up his primary receiver, never mind a secondary one.

On a side note, I don't understand SW's love for Hedgecock. What the hell does this guy do except take up a roster spot?

He was a great blocker for a few years...but damn, if he hasn't been completely useless this season.

I don't fear his receivers, but I fear his arm. That dude can put a ball in a tight spot. The Giants secondary really needs to play aggressively.

More importantly, the Giants front 4 has to tee off on Cutler. The Bears offensive line is patchwork....if the Giants defensive line is as good as some people think, this should be a clear mismatch.

I agree, Dodge should be punting out of bounds.....too bad we can't count on our kicking game for shit, though.

Yeah the Dline needs to step it up....that is how we won the SB last time

I have not been watching closely but has JPP been getting decent playing time??

What a friggen MONSTER.........his Ass is as big as Jamaica........and yet hes supposedly as quick as a cat.