SportsWrath

The most stupid Giants team ever.

JMFP

I have seen less talented teams, and more talented teams.

I don't think I have seen a Giants team as collectively stupid as what I just saw today.

I've seen better decisions on episodes of Cops.

Really, that was truly, truly embarrassing.

I'm not blaming Coughlin or Gilbride or Fewell....this loss was squarely on the players' inability to control themselves.

I agree.

It was like we played like Eastern Seaboard Raiders or Cowboys.

Dumb fuck penalties. I happened to look at Eli after the 4th and 14 where McKenzie made the worst decision I've ever seen on a football field...and Eli was pissed..he probably dropped the f bomb a few times and threw his gatorade down with extreme vigor.

I was at the game and wanted to vomit. That was just brutal. Fortunately, I had a 4 hour drive home so I got to listen to Carl banks excellent post game analysis.

A brief summary:

Half Full:

The play of Manningham generally and his block that cleared the way for our TD specifically.

Run Defense ( before everything fell apart in garbage time we held Johnson to 72yds on his first 28 carries.

Offense moved the ball well.

Protection was better ( nice scheme adjustment getting Andrews in as "tackle eligible" to help out

Mental errors are Correctable

Half Empty:

Ball Protection

Stupid Penalties ( 5 personal fouls etc )

Nice that McKenzie and Coughlin took blame after but talk is cheap

Mental errorss are Correctable but will THIS group be willing to do what it takes to correct them

Disgraceful:

Special Teams

SPECIFICALLY the play of Beckum, Wilkerson and Sintim. Blamed those three not only for the crap coverage on the opening kick off of the second half but also for failing to hold their guys up on the punt that led to the safety.

The whole sequence when you throw in Dodge's "free kick" which he was barely able to get away cost us 9 points right after we had fought back to overcome all our 1st 1/2 fuck ups.

That safety was more on Koets than on Bradshaw IMO. If Bradshaw hadn't chopped him it would have been a facemask penalty on Koets with the same result. That was the real turning point of the game.

Run D was surprisingly good until they gave up near the end.

Mental errorss are Correctable but will THIS group be willing to do what it takes to correct them

it keeps coming back to this. every fucking year, we have a team that continuously shoots itself in the foot. with the exception of a 16 game span from late 2007 through 2008, this has been a massive problem through Coughlin's entire tenure. shit, it's been happening for the last 10+ years. The Giants have to be the dumbest team in the history of sports

Half-full - the Titans didn't beat us as much as we beat ourselves. Stupid mental errors are correctable; a lack of talent largely is not. The D more or less played very well. Manningham is a pleasant surprise. The Giants have sucked the past few years after fast starts, but do things like win the Superbowl when they start slow.

Half-Empty - This is the worst special teams unit I've seen since the Fassel era; across the board they're flat-out awful. O-line looks like it may have gotten old overnight. How can a Coughlin team be THIS undisciplined? Is this team snakebit?

Half-full - the Titans didn't beat us as much as we beat ourselves. Stupid mental errors are correctable; a lack of talent largely is not. The D more or less played very well. Manningham is a pleasant surprise. The Giants have sucked the past few years after fast starts, but do things like win the Superbowl when they start slow.

Half-Empty - This is the worst special teams unit I've seen since the Fassel era; across the board they're flat-out awful. O-line looks like it may have gotten old overnight. How can a Coughlin team be THIS undisciplined? Is this team snakebit?

I have to say, they are incredibly creative in how they manage to destroy my Sunday afternoon.

I've never seen a 40 yard pass play get negated and become a safety before.....that was new and exciting.

And I wouldn't have guessed that an old veteran like Kareem McKenzie would channel his Inner Shockey just at the point were we had a chance to save the game. Impeccable timing for a bone-headed meltdown.

Half full.....only 1 game out, and 2 losses are to AFC teams. We can move the ball, we can rush the passer, we can stop the run.

Half empty......no leadership, no intelligence, and a disolving identity. This is no longer a ball control, power running team.....it's a frantic, scat-back, paranoid team.