SportsWrath

Know what I saw today?

RandolphScott

I saw grit, fire and the supposed "leaders" of the New York Giants play dumb fuck football.

That is all. Yup, because yelling makes you "a leader." Well, atleast to two people on this board.

There are no leaders on this team. None. Supposed or not. I'll wear my Tuck jersey, have Tuck in my sig. Don't fuck with Tuck and all that. But he's no leader.

Nor is Eli, he should have been up in his linemans face early on, getting that shit under control. Instead he's standing on the sideline in a fucking daze. No I don't pin the blame on him, because he tried. But 2 years ago, when Tiki and Strahan were gone, it was his team to take over, and apart from one little outburst on Bradshaw last season, he's done nothing. You have to do something sometime.

Add Chris Snee and Kenny Phillips to that list too....and Steve Smith

Is it just me or is Smith abit not out there anymore? Or are teams putting more coverage his way?

Just seems like we only see him catch one or two passes a game where as last season it would be six or seven?

Yah, I don't get it either. Eli was not smart with where he was placing the ball today. I'll give him a pass on the Nicks bobble (Nicks's 3rd or 4th that was intercepted this year). He made some nice passes, but he made some terrible passes to some bad spots. The interception in the red zone set the tone for the entire game. I can't give Eli a pass for today despite putting up almost 400 yards just because of that mishap in the red zone. That was fucking terrible.

I don't know about that..yes..the left handed pass was atrocious and it's impossible to defend. But at half time Eli had 5 incomplete passes..2 went for interceptions and both Manningham and Nicks had 2 drops.

The Giants must lead the league in dropped passes. That ball to Nicks WAS RIGHT IN HIS HANDS. Not high, not low...perfect position.

Is it just me or is Smith abit not out there anymore? Or are teams putting more coverage his way?

Just seems like we only see him catch one or two passes a game where as last season it would be six or seven?

Def putting more coverage his way. Its why Manningham is having such a big year..so far anyways.

There are no leaders on this team. None. Supposed or not. I'll wear my Tuck jersey, have Tuck in my sig. Don't fuck with Tuck and all that. But he's no leader.

Nor is Eli, he should have been up in his linemans face early on, getting that shit under control. Instead he's standing on the sideline in a fucking daze. No I don't pin the blame on him, because he tried. But 2 years ago, when Tiki and Strahan were gone, it was his team to take over, and apart from one little outburst on Bradshaw last season, he's done nothing. You have to do something sometime.

The only thing about this "I want a fiery QB" only works if the QB has been that way since he's stepped on the field. We drafted a calm field general who from day one has had the same attitude and what his teammates have respected.

Honestly what can a QB say to make a grown man getting paid millions to make him play better?

"Hey you play better or else your not sitting next to me on the bus, you dick"

At the end of the day McKenzie gets his paycheck and I'm pretty sure that matters more to him then those two PF calls.

I don't know about that..yes..the left handed pass was atrocious and it's impossible to defend. But at half time Eli had 5 incomplete passes..2 went for interceptions and both Manningham and Nicks had 2 drops.

The Giants must lead the league in dropped passes. That ball to Nicks WAS RIGHT IN HIS HANDS. Not high, not low...perfect position.

Manningham also saved Eli's ass on that ill advised throw that Manningham made an excellent catch and turned it up field....that could have easily been picked or incomplete leading to a punt. I'm just talking about where he puts the ball. A lot of times he'll throw it so the receiver has to make an adjustment in order to even catch the ball. There were times today where a better throw leads to a touchdown. And he missed a wide open Steve Smith over the middle at like the 5 by about 5 yards during one of our last ditch effort drives.

There's plenty of fucking guys you can add to the list. All of them can do the job, hell they did the job remember?.It's only a few years back and most of them were rookies or 2nd year players.

Tom is writing his ticket out of town with anymore of this shit, there's only so much Gawking at officials a guy can do. He has control over all sides of the ball and there's times when you think he has none at all. How long does this team have to sit and watch Lawrence Tynes as our field goal kicker?. I can't believe that there were people on here saying that he was better than John Carney.

And I'm pretty sure that after every Giants touchdown, we spot the opponent the ball at the 50 thanks to our shitty kickoff coverage.

And nearly every time we get a decent return, it's called back for holding :rolleyes:. Not that Darrius Reynaud could return his way out of a paper bag.

Manningham also saved Eli's ass on that ill advised throw that Manningham made an excellent catch and turned it up field....that could have easily been picked or incomplete leading to a punt. I'm just talking about where he puts the ball. A lot of times he'll throw it so the receiver has to make an adjustment in order to even catch the ball. There were times today where a better throw leads to a touchdown. And he missed a wide open Steve Smith over the middle at like the 5 by about 5 yards during one of our last ditch effort drives.

At this point, I'd like to know why he's even in the game during those conditions. Just put Sage in, dude probably needs the reps.

Yeah, that pass to Manningham was ballsy, but he put that in the perfect place..defender was on his left and he put it to his right. That's just good accuracy, in my opinion of course.

There's plenty of fucking guys you can add to the list. All of them can do the job, hell they did the job remember?.It's only a few years back and most of them were rookies or 2nd year players.

Tom is writing his ticket out of town with anymore of this shit, there's only so much Gawking at officials a guy can do. He has control over all sides of the ball and there's times when you think he has none at all. How long does this team have to sit and watch Lawrence Tynes as our field goal kicker?. I can't believe that there were people on here saying that he was better than John Carney.

He wasn't even close to being on Jay Feely's level, either.

The only thing about this "I want a fiery QB" only works if the QB has been that way since he's stepped on the field. We drafted a calm field general who from day one has had the same attitude and what his teammates have respected.

Honestly what can a QB say to make a grown man getting paid millions to make him play better?

"Hey you play better or else your not sitting next to me on the bus, you dick"

At the end of the day McKenzie gets his paycheck and I'm pretty sure that matters more to him then those two PF calls.

If he has the respect of his teamates, then he should have no issue getting them together and getting them to calm down. I've seen plenty of better quarterbacks than Eli have the respect of his teamates but be able to give them the business. Hell his brother is the prime example.

Someone needs to get this shit under control. Coughlin has shown the ability in the past to turn things around....he can do it again, but he needs someone on this team to step up.

Frankly, I think it's time for Eli to take control of this team.

Tynes will always be a fucking joke in my opinion.

If he has the respect of his teamates, then he should have no issue getting them together and getting them to calm down. I've seen plenty of better quarterbacks than Eli have the respect of his teamates but be able to give them the business. Hell his brother is the prime example.

I'm sure Eli went up to McKenzie after the 1st dumbass penalty. The 2nd one..not sure Eli got the chance to say something as Coughlin yanked him ASAP.

When have you seen this though?

Dont talk about that one video of Peyton exploding on his O-line because Peyton was at fault for that one. Peyton calling three straight passes in the endzone then yelling at his line who are asking for a run play, they hey guess what when they do run they get in.

Honestly what more encouragement then winning a game is needed?

Blocking sucks. JPP can only do so much on special teams.

Not on punt returns. I saw Reynaud have a solid 10 yards had he just manned up and ran full steam ahead instead of hesitating and looking for a hole.

Not on punt returns. I saw Reynaud have a solid 10 yards had he just manned up and ran full steam ahead instead of hesitating and looking for a hole.

I saw both, alot of horrible blocking and a lot of starting and stopping from Reynaud.

He had 9 grabs for 103 yards today. He's just so unassuming that you don't recognize when he is putting up numbers.