SportsWrath

We traded Rivers and passed on Ben

JackStroud

I just know in my heart of hearts Big Ben sitting on the sidelines for 4 games would have helped us beat the Colts.

the gross over reaction of the coaches tot he colts caused that defeat

all we had to do is play our game ......not try witchcraft defense to stop them

and why we cant run a no huddle is baffling

is coughlins brain too slow to process plays that fast?

the gross over reaction of the coaches tot he colts caused that defeat

all we had to do is play our game ......not try witchcraft defense to stop them

and why we cant run a no huddle is baffling

is coughlins brain too slow to process plays that fast?

perhaps fewell looked realistically at his Defense and said "we have no chance playing them straight up"

i don't know what you think "our game" is but we've been deficient on D since 2008.

I get it Jack, you like to say outlandish things, and on talent along it's possible both Ben and Rivers are better, but Ben is the biggest dumbass in sports history and Rivers has too much 'tude for the NY media. NY and SD got the quarterbacks right for their teams, and both have been succesful. Pittsburg's been succesfull but they got a fuckign ass-hat.

Brings me back to draft day, I wanted Eli all along, maybe it was the sec thing, but when we selected Rivers and they showed Ben throwing his damn phone, I knew we made a good move, right away it was evident that fucker had issues.

I wanted Robert Gallery but I did love the thought of getting Eli

perhaps fewell looked realistically at his Defense and said "we have no chance playing them straight up"

i don't know what you think "our game" is but we've been deficient on D since 2008.

That's no way to play a game though, regardless. You don't play scared....

Belicheck did do it, in a superbowl no less. He just got better execution.

True. I don't think there was really anything wrong with Fewell's strategy, drastic as it was. But it might have been the wrong time of the year...the players haven't had enough time to really learn the basic scheme yet, let alone turn it on its head.

But the offensive game plan...was offensive. Just awful, one of the worst coaching jobs I've seen in a while. I don't usually pile on Gilbride, he's above average, he has his moments. But I have to admit, he's wildly inconsistent, and when he misses the mark, he misses by a mile.

i didn't see it as scared. belicheck had done it, we call him genius.

I saw it as the Giants being afraid of what Peyton was about to do to them and changing their entire defense to stop Peyton from ass-raping them....and Peyton ass-raped them anyway....and Peyton was also more 'cerebral', too...man can that guy call a game on his own.

I saw it as the Giants being afraid of what Peyton was about to do to them and changing their entire defense to stop Peyton from ass-raping them....and Peyton ass-raped them anyway....and Peyton was also more 'cerebral', too...man can that guy call a game on his own.

inevitably it didn't matter what the giants tried. i admire the ingenuity though. giants just don't have the horses on D. that's why O has to be super charged.

inevitably it didn't matter what the giants tried. i admire the ingenuity though. giants just don't have the horses on D. that's why O has to be super charged.

I disagree, our defense is just fine. We have good players on each level. The defensive line has many good players. Teams shouldn't be dropping almost 40 on us this season. It was the moronic scheme of trying to take away a strength of Indy's while denying our own strengths.

I disagree, our defense is just fine. We have good players on each level. The defensive line has many good players. Teams shouldn't be dropping almost 40 on us this season. It was the moronic scheme of trying to take away a strength of Indy's while denying our own strengths.

i don't see the good players- carolina would have had 30 if they didn't keep self destructing. maybe more if they didn't have to play catch up.

i don't see the good players- carolina would have had 30 if they didn't keep self destructing. maybe more if they didn't have to play catch up.

Stopped the run. Moore had no time to pass. And I saw no where to go with the ball so Matt Moore had to try to force the ball every time they got close...that's not self destructing, that's good defense. We have a lot of talented players on that side of the ball. I have confidence that if Fewell doesn't leave his brain at home that we won't see any more disgusting performances like last Sunday night. You can't give them the run because you don't want Manning to throw all over you. We should have been playing in our base defense, pressing the shit out of WRs because Manning likes the short, quick passes, and blitzing the shit out of Manning using our LBs and the occasional safety. The key to that game for the defense was being more physical than the Colts....not to out finesse them. And everyone but Fewell knew that.

Stopped the run. Moore had no time to pass. And I saw no where to go with the ball so Matt Moore had to try to force the ball every time they got close...that's not self destructing, that's good defense. We have a lot of talented players on that side of the ball. I have confidence that if Fewell doesn't leave his brain at home that we won't see any more disgusting performances like last Sunday night. You can't give them the run because you don't want Manning to throw all over you. We should have been playing in our base defense, pressing the shit out of WRs because Manning likes the short, quick passes, and blitzing the shit out of Manning using our LBs and the occasional safety. The key to that game for the defense was being more physical than the Colts....not to out finesse them. And everyone but Fewell knew that.

that's a very positive way of looking at it. you go with that. the guy's been replaced by a ND rookie.

that's a very positive way of looking at it. you go with that. the guy's been replaced by a ND rookie.

I didn't say he was any good, you gotta take the sacks or throw the ball away in those situations....snatch up the field goals....lol. But I'll take bend but not break defense. But structuring your defense to combat the team's strength on offense has gotta go. You can't say, "Here, have 10 yards per attempt on the ground." And then not even adjust to stop that.

I agree 100%

Fewell should have sent the fucking house in against Peyton on the first series....even if he beat us on a blitz (which would have been likely), if we got any sort of early pressure against him, it would have moved up his internal clock a bit.

And by only dressing 2 DTs, we telegraphed the gameplan to him.

How come J.P Losman is the guy who always gets left off the big 2004 Draft? Hell we could of drafted him late in the 1st round and still got Robert Gallery with the the 4th overall pick, then we keep the pick in 2005 we gave to San Diego and drafted Shawne Merriman whos a 3-4 OLB which is the D we haven't played since 96

How come J.P Losman is the guy who always gets left off the big 2004 Draft? Hell we could of drafted him late in the 1st round and still got Robert Gallery with the the 4th overall pick, then we keep the pick in 2005 we gave to San Diego and drafted Shawne Merriman whos a 3-4 OLB which is the D we haven't played since 96

Sorry.