SportsWrath

We traded Rivers and passed on Ben

JackStroud

I think we backed the wrong horse.........not by much but Eli is definitely 3rd in that class

Id rate it Rivers 1st, Big Ben #2, and Eli 3rd

Have to say I am pretty damn happy with a Superbowl trophy... so I would have to put Rivers 3rd.... and Ben is a rapist who does not wear a motorcycle helmet... So how many games has he missed for being an asshole? How many more are to come?... Give me Eli any day :TU:

Have to say I am pretty damn happy with a Superbowl trophy... so I would have to put Rivers 3rd.... and Ben is a rapist who does not wear a motorcycle helmet... So how many games has he missed for being an asshole? How many more are to come?... Give me Eli any day :TU:

Lets not forget that Rivers is a rage-a-holic who never would have survived the NY media. And if even 1/10 of the stories sent in to Deadspin are accurate Ben would be a resident of Rikers right now.

Rivers puts up better stats but the guy's a fucking crybaby. We've already got one of those in the locker room.

Therapist isn't a better QB than Manning when factoring in all the time he's missed for being an asshole, as Gorilla pointed out. I think Manning has a higher ceiling but needs to be more consistent.

Rivers puts up better stats but the guy's a fucking crybaby. We've already got one of those in the locker room.

Therapist isn't a better QB than Manning when factoring in all the time he's missed for being an asshole, as Gorilla pointed out. I think Manning has a higher ceiling but needs to be more consistent.

Well put.

Ben Rothlisberger was a bystander for his 1st Super Bowl win....the Steelers actually won in spite of him.

For his 2nd Super Bowl win, he (barely) beat an Arizona Team that we beat...in fact, Eli beat both AZ and Pittsburgh that year.

Plus, Rothlisberger is a big fucking douche, and is a disgrace to the sport. And Rivers is a jerkoff.

Neither one of these ass-clowns had the balls to beat the Patriots...Brady & Company were steamrolling toward becoming the Greatest Team Ever until Eli tripped them up in the 4th quarter.

I think we backed the wrong horse.........not by much but Eli is definitely 3rd in that class

Id rate it Rivers 1st, Big Ben #2, and Eli 3rd

How many Super bowls has Rivers won?

Ben is a douche bag

Eli is my QB of choice out of the three Calm, cool and collected

I get it Jack, you like to say outlandish things, and on talent along it's possible both Ben and Rivers are better, but Ben is the biggest dumbass in sports history and Rivers has too much 'tude for the NY media. NY and SD got the quarterbacks right for their teams, and both have been succesful. Pittsburg's been succesfull but they got a fuckign ass-hat.

Brings me back to draft day, I wanted Eli all along, maybe it was the sec thing, but when we selected Rivers and they showed Ben throwing his damn phone, I knew we made a good move, right away it was evident that fucker had issues.

I get it Jack, you like to say outlandish things, and on talent along it's possible both Ben and Rivers are better, but Ben is the biggest dumbass in sports history and Rivers has too much 'tude for the NY media. NY and SD got the quarterbacks right for their teams, and both have been succesful. Pittsburg's been succesfull but they got a fuckign ass-hat.

Brings me back to draft day, I wanted Eli all along, maybe it was the sec thing, but when we selected Rivers and they showed Ben throwing his damn phone, I knew we made a good move, right away it was evident that fucker had issues.

I did not know you were a personal confidant of Phillip Rivers.......sorry had no idea you had all this personal insight, I see him as a fiery leader who wants desperately to win vis a vis Peyton Manning....what do you think of Eli's personality, are you a big friend of Eli's too? :rolleyes:

I did not know you were a personal confidant of Phillip Rivers.......sorry had no idea you had all this personal insight, I see him as a fiery leader who wants desperately to win vis a vis Peyton Manning....what do you think of Eli's personality, are you a big friend of Eli's too? :rolleyes:

Nope, never met either, but I watch enough sportscenter and read enough on the internet to get the idea that Rivers isn't the most stable guy emotionally, or at least he doesn't take criticism well at all. Rivers is Ryan Leaf with Talent.

Again, duees as talented as almost anyone, but he's not a good fit in NY, it's bad enough we have a mouthy RB who can't take criticism, a fucking QB that cries like he does dealing with NY's media? No way.

Oh, and while Rivers is trying to win, Eli already has.

it goes something like this:

"When it became a very good possibility that we would draft a qb early in that draft I started watching some college games, I found myself watching a game where Big Ben was playing some shitty team, playing well, then through a td that wasn't a game winner but put them ahead like 21 or something, dude dropped to his knees doing the pointing to the sky thing. I said fuck that, I don't want a sky-pointer on my team."

Nope, never met either, but I watch enough sportscenter and read enough on the internet to get the idea that Rivers isn't the most stable guy emotionally, or at least he doesn't take criticism well at all. Rivers is Ryan Leaf with Talent.

Again, duees as talented as almost anyone, but he's not a good fit in NY, it's bad enough we have a mouthy RB who can't take criticism, a fucking QB that cries like he does dealing with NY's media? No way.

Oh, and while Rivers is trying to win, Eli already has.

Thats a good way to put it. Except I'd go a step further and say Rivers is Ryan Leaf in a good situation, on a good team.

And I hate the way that guy throws the ball too. He looks like a limp-wristed Bernie Kosar.

You said it well Virginia..........Rivers is trying very very hard to win

Eli now seems content to collect his $103 million and not make any waves.......I want a fiery QB who commands respect not just for his arm but for his demeanor

Eli is a nice guy.......Yes the NY Giants won a SB......more for D than anything Eli did or did not do

I doubt Eli will win anymore SB's .........he does not want it badly enough, and the Giants sem determined to keep Coughln around until they have to wheel him out with a nurse.

My ideal QB was Roger Staubach....tough, mobile, clutch, very good arm especially on the run but he could stand in there too........ and with a burning desire to win every game

Eli now seems content to collect his $103 million and not make any waves.......I want a fiery QB who commands respect not just for his arm but for his demeanor

Eli is a nice guy.......Yes the NY Giants won a SB......more for D than anything Eli did or did not do

I doubt Eli will win anymore SB's .........he does not want it badly enough, and the Giants sem determined to keep Coughln around until they have to wheel him out with a nurse.

My ideal QB was Roger Staubach....tough, mobile, clutch, very good arm especially on the run but he could stand in there too........ and with a burning desire to win every game

Jack, there hasn't been a Roger Staubach since Roger Staubach.

hahah thats really not what vg was saying at all.

The other QB I really admired in the day was Tarkington......perhaps with a bit of bias as he was a Giant. Michael Vick had nothing on Fran....Fran had eyes in the back of his head and moved like a cat

Why we sent him back to Minnesota was a mystery to me then and remains one today.......theres an untold story there

he must have pissed on Wellingtons shoes or something