SportsWrath

Thoughts on last nights trian wreck

JayD

#1 never hand the ball to a high powered offense such as the colts after winning the damn coin toss.

On third and short, run Brandon Jacobs. Why the hell we kept throwing, and handing it off to Branshaw is beyond me. Secondly why run the ball right out the gate, when you know damn well thats exactly what they are expecting you to do? Two words PLAY ACTION. Also, when you have a DE that blows past your tackle every damn snap, get him some help. For goodness sakes, by the second drive, this should have been a no brainer.

Everyone knows Peyton is a genuis. Why the hell would you pull your LBers and put that many DB's in there? I mean, on third and long sure, go for it, but not on first and 10. You know damn well he is gonna have them run the ball down your throat. We live and die by our front 7. If they couldnt get it done, we were gonna have a long day anyway. Play to your strengths.

I dont know if we would have won the game if these things were considered beforehand, but it seems to me we can blame this loss on the coaching staff. The game plan was terrible. And so were the adjustments. I hope they learned somethings from this game.

That being said, Ive already put this game past me, and look forward to whipping some ass next week against the titans.

#1 never hand the ball to a high powered offense such as the colts after winning the damn coin toss.

On third and short, run Brandon Jacobs. Why the hell we kept throwing, and handing it off to Branshaw is beyond me. Secondly why run the ball right out the gate, when you know damn well thats exactly what they are expecting you to do? Two words PLAY ACTION. Also, when you have a DE that blows past your tackle every damn snap, get him some help. For goodness sakes, by the second drive, this should have been a no brainer.

Everyone knows Peyton is a genuis. Why the hell would you pull your LBers and put that many DB's in there? I mean, on third and long sure, go for it, but not on first and 10. You know damn well he is gonna have them run the ball down your throat. We live and die by our front 7. If they couldnt get it done, we were gonna have a long day anyway. Play to your strengths.

I dont know if we would have won the game if these things were considered beforehand, but it seems to me we can blame this loss on the coaching staff. The game plan was terrible. And so were the adjustments. I hope they learned somethings from this game.

That being said, Ive already put this game past me, and look forward to whipping some ass next week against the titans.

Because we have really shitty Linebackers.

Kelley, Van Pelt, Carson, Peppers, Reasons, LT, Banks, Hunt, , Headon, Armstead, Perice.........and....now WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE GUYS.

It's a fucking shame.

C. Wagon.

Because we have really shitty Linebackers.

Kelley, Van Pelt, Carson, Peppers, Reasons, LT, Banks, Hunt, , Headon, Armstead, Perice.........and....now WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE GUYS.

It's a fucking shame.

C. Wagon.

The defensive scheme of not using Linebackers was an interesting choice.... you do not need Peyton Manning to audible to the run there

The defensive scheme of not using Linebackers was an interesting choice.... you do not need Peyton Manning to audible to the run there

Exactly. Any team would have exploited this game plan, let alone Peyton Manning.

Agree, they pull the LB because they have faith in our DL to stop the run and gamble on our SS to take care of their pro TE.. besides, would you put any of our LB's to take care of Dallas Clark??.. it's interesting but sadly it didn't work out.

It isn't much of our Defense that lost the game for us. i think it's more of our front O-line. more than one of these guys must be in some type of injury or just ain't getting any younger.

It's one thing getting caught in a stunt formation while they run the no-huddle but coming out in the same formation the next few drives in just fucking stupid. Notice how the run got contained once they put Goff and Coefield in?

I like the creativity but damn Fewell you have to ADJUST when it's obviously not working.

And Canty still looks like a fucking waste of a roster spot to me. He was getting pushed around all night.

This performance was pathetic on all levels. Defense got little pressure. We didn't stop the run. We didn't stop the pass. We didn't run the ball well consistently. We didn't pass worth shit. And our special teams didn't get us very good field position. Oh, and the game plan on defense was horrible. Just horrible. Our front 4 included 3 pass rushers, and run stuffers. We had 1 linebacker. It's no wonder they couldn't stop the run.

Single coverage on their WRs didn't work too well either.

Normally you can take one positive out of a game, but i'm struggling to find it in this one.

but like i saw someone else point out, whether you predicted the giants going 12-4 or 6-10 this is probably a game you had us losing.

Sure but it'd be nice if the Giants were atleast competitive in the loss. The coaches blew it and then the players followed into the sink hole. Just a fucking catastrophe all the way around.

I'll give Fewell a mulligan.....I'm sure some teams have come into Indy and shut down Peyton....I just can't remember any.

I figured this was going to be a shoot-out.

I didn't figure that Killdrive would bring a swiss army knife to a gun fight.

According to legend, there were games against the Ravens, the Cowboys, and the Panthers where they KNEW we were going to run, and there wasn't a fucking thing they could do about it.

Those same legends say we had a great lead blocking fullback, and a beast of a running back. Not sure what happened to those guys....didn't see them on the field last night.

Whispered tales also speak of a Colt defense that is susceptible to a power running game....in fact, if the smoke signals are true, last week, a lead fullback helped gouge them for over two hundred yards on the ground.

But Killdrive decided to build his gameplan on an indian burial ground.

Instead of seeing hedgecock, jacobs, and sean andrews plowing down guys, I saw a bunch of lightning quick defenders teeing off on our quarterback.....from the 1st quarter, to the final whistle.

By the end of the night, I was thankful Eli wasn't killed.

I'll give Fewell a mulligan.....I'm sure some teams have come into Indy and shut down Peyton....I just can't remember any.

I figured this was going to be a shoot-out.

I didn't figure that Killdrive would bring a swiss army knife to a gun fight.

According to legend, there were games against the Ravens, the Cowboys, and the Panthers where they KNEW we were going to run, and there wasn't a fucking thing they could do about it.

Those same legends say we had a great lead blocking fullback, and a beast of a running back. Not sure what happened to those guys....didn't see them on the field last night.

Whispered tales also speak of a Colt defense that is susceptible to a power running game....in fact, if the smoke signals are true, last week, a lead fullback helped gouge them for over two hundred yards on the ground.

But Killdrive decided to build his gameplan on an indian burial ground.

Instead of seeing hedgecock, jacobs, and sean andrews plowing down guys, I saw a bunch of lightning quick defenders teeing off on our quarterback.....from the 1st quarter, to the final whistle.

By the end of the night, I was thankful Eli wasn't killed.

THIS!!!!!!

this was the worst performance by a giants coaching staff since johnny lynn and fossil

if we came out and played our normal game it would have been a close contest.......AND is there something in the Giants Constitution that does not allow US to run a no huddle

give it right back to them........see if they like it

Coughlin is an old fuddy duddy that would not no a flee flicker if it hit him in the face.........mr straght and narrow minded

Tom there is a new NFL rule ....you are indeed allowed to run screen passes to slow a rush.......IDIOT

obviously that was the best outcoaching job by the Colts in NFL history, not thaT theY were geniuses but our coaches were DUNCES.......their personnel is not that much better than ours

I lay this whole debacle at Coughys feet

That might have worked had they simply decided to keep the defensive line standard, but they didn't. Horrible game from a coaching standpoint.

Agree, they pull the LB because they have faith in our DL to stop the run and gamble on our SS to take care of their pro TE.. besides, would you put any of our LB's to take care of Dallas Clark??.. it's interesting but sadly it didn't work out.

It isn't much of our Defense that lost the game for us. i think it's more of our front O-line. more than one of these guys must be in some type of injury or just ain't getting any younger.

I'm just wondering where the Giants left their balls.

I'd handle this one a little better if the Giants decided to play to their strengths, and may the best team win.

If they game-planned the Super Bowl like this, it would have been 77-0 Patriots.

My two cents:

1. Our O-line got old overnight. I hope we have plan B in place because they were completely outplayed. I'm afraid it ain't getting better from here.

2. Everything else falls apart with no O-line.

3. Giants got down early because Fewell couldn't figure out after the third TD that having three DEs on the field and one LB was a bad idea... so the Giants had no choice but to pass and get clobbered.

4. In fact, coaching overall was fucking brutal. Gilbride is a fucking moron, too.

5. Brandon Jacobs needs to go. He's a 265 lb six year old. Actually, scratch that... he's a 265 lb six year old GIRL.

"If Peyton is handing the ball off, we feel like we're winning" Perry Fewell. At leasts thats what the announcers quoted last night. Obviously we got too cute and got away from our bread and butter. Thats a game we likely would have lost anyway considering the Colts came off a loss the week before, but damn it didn't have to be a fucking thrashing. Hopefully, lessons were learned and we right the ship the rest of the way out.

thats true, however Manningham seems born to run a screen. I wonder why they dont ever give it a shot with him

They were too busy sending him on worthless end arounds instead of running Bradshaw off tackle and Jacobs up the gut....

screens take advantage of fast defensive ends

tell alex webster they were a low percentage play.........alex used to clean up on screens

but you have to know how to sell the screen the old giants were masters at this

flares are simpler and just get the RB outside quicker and they have good momentum if the ball s led right