SportsWrath

Cowboys and Redskins dead on the vine today

BleedinBlue

A good day so far as both the Cowboys and Redskins get taken down by teams that were supposed to be lesser teams. I love it!!! :rock:

The Bears, yes

The Texans, no. The Texans were the heavy favorites to win the game against Washington and myself included though the 'Skins would be blow out. Don't under estimate the Skins they went shot for shot with the Texans and only lost the game because that Gano guy can't handle pressure. It might be the Redskins and the Giants fighting it out for #1 of the NFC East.

The Bears, yes

The Texans, no. The Texans were the heavy favorites to win the game against Washington and myself included though the 'Skins would be blow out. Don't under estimate the Skins they went shot for shot with the Texans and only lost the game because that Gano guy can't handle pressure. It might be the Redskins and the Giants fighting it out for #1 of the NFC East.

Every report I read about the Washington-Houston game gave an advantage to Washington based on the Texans being on a high coming off their second franchise win over the Colts.

And don't try and sell the pressure aspect. Gano hit it with the TO called. He could do it. Sure there was pressure but that was one kick. He has no track record to try and pin it on it being a pressure situation.

Every report I read about the Washington-Houston game gave an advantage to Washington based on the Texans being on a high coming off their second franchise win over the Colts.

And don't try and sell the pressure aspect. Gano hit it with the TO called. He could do it. Sure there was pressure but that was one kick. He has no track record to try and pin it on it being a pressure situation.

So winning the game and sending your team to 2-0 isnt a pressure situation?

He choked. The fact that he hit it the first time is worse, he could of made the kick but failed in the situation. At least our kicker won the game when it mattered.

I dont know what your reading either, outside of Redskin homers I don't think I've seen a single thing saying they would win this matchup.

So winning the game and sending your team to 2-0 isnt a pressure situation?

He choked. The fact that he hit it the first time is worse, he could of made the kick but failed in the situation. At least our kicker won the game when it mattered.

I dont know what your reading either, outside of Redskin homers I don't think I've seen a single thing saying they would win this matchup.

I tend to restrict my reading to SI. As much of a hack as he is PK is still the best source. He is in touch with pretty much all the writers. And again as much of a hack as he is Fat-seca has Aikman, Glazer, Simms and others on weekly and they all were saying the Texans were prone to be weak coming off a victory over the Colts.

Of course it is a pressure situation. I never said it wasn't. I said don't sell that as being why he failed. He of course had reason to believe a TO was coming but he still hit that FG on the first shot. If anything hitting that first FG in my mind would be more difficult because you have that nagging thought in your head "Is he going to call a TO?" Second attempt its all you. He hit the first. So I personally don't buy the pressure situation argument.

The Bears, yes

Gano hit the first one, I hate that timeout right has the guy is kicking it stuff, I am happy it cost Washington who could be now the only two and O team in the division but I don't know that icing the kicker stuff just seems bush league and I thought the NFL was gonna change that rule.

Redskins got robbed by that crazy last second timeout rule.....you should not be able to call a time out in that situation.

Plus they lost to one of the leagues new elite teams- Houston

Poor Boys have to play Houston this coming week

I'd rank the division right now

Redskins

Giants

Philadelphia

Dallas

with all of them fighting to be 8-8

Yeah, I'm getting a strong hunch this will be a very long year, culminating with (the only good news) the highest draft slot we've had in years.

You want to tell me it takes time for a new DC's scheme to mesh, as with Spags? I'd like to think so but the LBs are just not good enough and the DTs never seem to be the force you hope they'd be. And on O, our OL looks like they've turned the corner.

Fortunately, I don't think it necessarily has to be a long rebuilding process. We have a very good QB, with excellent young receivers and Bradshaw can still be a better than average back. Defensively, we have 3 good young corners and, if Phillips stays healthy, two excellent young safeties (with a solid vet in Grant...but who knows how long he'll be here?).

The problem has been the draft - the OLs and LBs we've drafted have not been able to step in and play at a high level.

The problem has been the draft - the OLs and LBs we've drafted have not been able to step in and play at a high level.

We hit on Snee, but that's about it. Diehl is underrated I think.McKenzie's done. O'Hara's got maybe a year or two. Seubert's got maybe a year or two.

Our LBers were pathetic last year and we did nothing this past offseason except draft another DE who is raw, unproven, and a BIG risk for a 1st round pick.. Boley is the only one worth a damn.

the redskins won the game and a late timeout call took it back

there should be a rule you cannot call a timeout once a FG try is snapped

BTW I've been picking Houston as my superbowl sleeper since pre-season.......wait til Cushing returns....probably about the time we have to play them

I like Gano I felt really bad for him.

The one saving grace is that Shanahan got a taste of his own medicine. I was shocked he didn't do it back. This article, or any others saying that Shanahan was too "classy" to do it, don't know what the heck they're talking about. He owns that move.

-Z