SportsWrath

All the Experts are jumping on Colts bandwagon

JackStroud

for the stinking result of the "Greatest Game Ever Played"

They ought to make Frank Gifford honorary Captain for tomorrow nights game and have ol Frank give them a Giants history lesson before the game

End the Allan Ameche nightmare, or at least even the score a bit......I really don''t think the Mannings decide this one

Both will play well but its the rest of the team that has to step up....especially the defensive line, and the back 4 DBs.

Giants 31- Colts 10 <_<

I think you've got the Colts slightly over-rated......they got handled pretty nicely last week.....

Thats the thing about the NFL.....teams can turn on a dime year to year....one years result means little next year

completing 41 passes in a game also does not impress me.......most teams that have to throw 50 times lose the game

Anybody who watched Matt effing Moore convert multiple 3rd and longs against our secondary would be crazy not to worry about what Peyton manning will do! And i wouldn't count on Peyton throwing brain dead interceptions down near the goal line to bail us out, either.

Anybody who watched Matt effing Moore convert multiple 3rd and longs against our secondary would be crazy not to worry about what Peyton manning will do! And i wouldn't count on Peyton throwing brain dead interceptions down near the goal line to bail us out, either.

Good points.

I'm hoping for the best, but bracing for a loss.

I would rather be a woosie realist than a brain-damaged fanboy.

That said I still think Giants win. 27-24. Strong ground game keeps Peyton off the field, Eli wins on a final drive.

ok here the deal

we have some issues on passes over the middle

they cant run, cant stop the run, and cant stop the pass.........our front 5 lineman, when we put Kiwi at LBer will toss Peyton around like a rag doll

those 3rd and long completions are getting pretty common in the NFL......it started when the NFL disallowed chucking beyond 5 yds downfield

what about those 3 INTs.....with our pass rush Peyton will throw 5 if he keeps chucking it til we cheat on his passes

Somebody took Brandon's Dodge 540 HP Hemi 300 LB Ft of Torque Truck Engine out 2 years ago and replaced it with a Toyota Corolla 4 Banger......he'll ramble for his usual 60 while getting caught in the backfield 4-5 times..... but Bradshaw has to step up along with Ware

If I were coaching Jacobs I'd line him up 8 yds deep and let him get up to speed before hitting the hole, or making the hole

Keys to the game, IMHO:

- Establishing the run

- Pressuring and Hitting Peyton

- Not making special teams blunders.

It's a shame that last one is even on the list but until I see a Dodge punt leave my screen I have no confidence in the guy.

Just my two cents...Peyton is a quarterback at the level where you can't really reasonably expect to totally shut him down completely. It'd be the equivalent of an NBA team saying their goal was to limit Jordan to 7 points. That's stupid. The goal is to keep Jordan at 24 and make sure he doesnt pop off on you for 40. Same thing here. If we control the clock and the tempo by running the bowl, thereby keeping Peyton off the field, and disrupt him when's on the field with pressure, then we can do this.

And just for the record, experts picking against us is sweet news to the ears of any Giants fan. That's just the way this team has always been.

-Z

I'm worried about what Peyton will do through the middle of the field but I think we can get enough pressure to hold them to under 25 points. If our O plays like last week (without the volleyball antics) I think we can take them.

I was right!...about the first half. :05-mafia: