SportsWrath

Audio of 2010 Giants Season Preview with Ralph Vacchiano

patchyfogg

As most of you know from my previous interviews, I host a 100% commercial-free, no one makes a dime from it, Long Island Sports Talk radio show.

I have posted the audio to the 2010 Giants Season Preview that I did with Daily News Giants Beat Reporter Ralph Vacchiano the other night.

It's 53+ commercial-free minutes of nothing but Giants Talk in MP3 format.

You can find it at http://sportstalk903.libsyn.com

Here is a list of the topics covered:

--Rhett Bomar and the Back-up QB situation

--The Offensive Line

--Travis Beckum

--Sinorice Moss

--Victor Cruz

--Kickoff & Punt Returns

--The Wide Receiver Corps

--The Running Back breakdown

--Is this a Passing team or a Running team?

--Kevin Gilbride as Offensive Coordinator

--The Linebacker Corps

--Who is the Defensive Leader?

--The Defensive Line

--Gerris Wilkinson

--The Secondary

--Perry Fewell's Defensive Philosophy

--Jonathan Goff

--The Punting Situation

--Lawrence Tynes

--The new Stadium

--Keith Bulluck

--18-game schedule?

--A Meadowlands Super Bowl?

--Will there be a Lockout?

--Ramses Barden

--Who would be the Star of "Hard Knocks:NY Giants?"

--Eli's Head Injury

--Will the new Umpire rule affect the Giants?

--Ralph's Preliminary Season Prediction

--NFC East Predictions

--Ralph's Fantasy Sleepers

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy.

Too bad your audios weren't broken down in pieces so that we could pick a topic when time permits. Or a written dialogue of the interviews. I get to be on my PC quite a few times throughout the day, but can only stay on it for about 5 minutes each time before I have to go again.

If I get some free time later, I'd like to listen to it. Thanks for posting.

Too bad your audios weren't broken down in pieces so that we could pick a topic when time permits. Or a written dialogue of the interviews. I get to be on my PC quite a few times throughout the day, but can only stay on it for about 5 minutes each time before I have to go again.

If I get some free time later, I'd like to listen to it. Thanks for posting.

Bleedin--

Download it and save it for later (it's been downloaded over 600 times already in 1 day). You'll like it, I promise.

I finally got the chance to listen to it and it was an excellent piece.

One of the things he says that is a little bit bothersome is that he thinks the defensive backfield is going to be a "read and react" scheme and concentrate primarily on stopping the long ball, but giving up the short passes. I've seen the Giants get destroyed by non-stop short passes (the humiliation at the hands of Romo to Witten comes to mind). Hopefully, the defensive scheme wasn't given away during preseason and the real scheme is being held close to the chest......please let that be so. Especially seeing that we didn't do much of a job on stopping the long ball IMO.

I agree on the stadium as a billion and a half dollar average looking bowl. For that kind of money, the stadium should be a complete stunner. It isn't.

Ralph injects a lot of common sense and I think he's pretty much on the money with most of his analysis.

Thanks for posting.

I finally got the chance to listen to it and it was an excellent piece.

One of the things he says that is a little bit bothersome is that he thinks the defensive backfield is going to be a "read and react" scheme and concentrate primarily on stopping the long ball, but giving up the short passes. I've seen the Giants get destroyed by non-stop short passes (the humiliation at the hands of Romo to Witten comes to mind). Hopefully, the defensive scheme wasn't given away during preseason and the real scheme is being held close to the chest......please let that be so. Especially seeing that we didn't do much of a job on stopping the long ball IMO.

I agree on the stadium as a billion and a half dollar average looking bowl. For that kind of money, the stadium should be a complete stunner. It isn't.

Ralph injects a lot of common sense and I think he's pretty much on the money with most of his analysis.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks to everybody who listened. Please tell a friend.

You can hear me sigh "Rod Rust" when Ralph says "Read & React"