SportsWrath

SI's Pre-Season Rankings

I'll take 19. The G-Men always do better when the expectations are low.

Doesn't almost every team?

It seems like a fallacy to me.. if the expectations are low, by the definition, all you have to be is mediocre..

until we prove that our defense doesn't suck & our running game gets back to being dominant, I don't see how you can complain about being #19. Our team was fucking horrible last year, that's a fact.

Sad, but completely true.

the eagles were 11-5 last year, and have a very explosive offense. the same people who killed mcnabb on a regular basis and showed him no respect are suddenly saying that this will hurt the eagles.

Who? McNabb has always been highly respected by almost everyone on this board. It's been said he's past his prime and injury prone, but that certainly doesn't mean we've "killed him and showed him no respect".

Do you intentionally just make stuff up to fit your argument or have you done it so long it's just a natural reflex?

As for the Giants, they stunk last year, no reason to rank them higher than the Cowboys. But I got a hunch there's gonna be some drama there even without TO.

I could see us ranked higher than the Eagles, because even though the dog loves Kolb, his great stats came from trying to come back against the Saints, and the almighty chiefs , which as the dog just pointed out when discussing our record last year, are no good. So I guess I'll wait to see what he does over more than a couple games in situations where he isn't facing weak teams or chasing a 20 point deficet.

Who? McNabb has always been highly respected by almost everyone on this board. It's been said he's past his prime and injury prone, but that certainly doesn't mean we've "killed him and showed him no respect".

Do you intentionally just make stuff up to fit your argument or have you done it so long it's just a natural reflex?

As for the Giants, they stunk last year, no reason to rank them higher than the Cowboys. But I got a hunch there's gonna be some drama there even without TO.

I could see us ranked higher than the Eagles, because even though the dog loves Kolb, his great stats came from trying to come back against the Saints, and the almighty chiefs , which as the dog just pointed out when discussing our record last year, are no good. So I guess I'll wait to see what he does over more than a couple games in situations where he isn't facing weak teams or chasing a 20 point deficet.

oh please, tell me there isn't a history here of many posters killing mcnabb. the dog isn't making that up at all. it dates back to the old board and carried over here. regardless, the dog never looked at stats for kolb, and doesn't know what they were last year. the dog just knows what he has read about the expectations for him, his skill set, leadership ability and how the team has taken to him. whether or not it translates on the field, who knows, but given those weapons and that system, the dog is comfortable with saying Kolb could have a good year. dismissing him as some have is naive.

We played like a middle of the pack team last year and deserve no higher ranking than that

Having said that we still have a lot of key parts of the SB team,,,,,,so if Reese finally got it right, if the wounded are healed....if this Felwell guy is good at what he does, we might suprise some people.

I like what this new LBer said "You cannot discount the Men in Blue"

I guess we know what the problem is with Osi now, and why we drafted a DE......Osi should have had that surgery last year.....what a putz

He is damaged goods. I doubt we could even trade him now.

We played like a middle of the pack team last year and deserve no higher ranking than that

Having said that we still have a lot of key parts of the SB team,,,,,,so if Reese finally got it right, if the wounded are healed....if this Felwell guy is good at what he does, we might suprise some people.

I like what this new LBer said "You cannot discount the Men in Blue"

I guess we know what the problem is with Osi now, and why we drafted a DE......Osi should have had that surgery last year.....what a putz

He is damaged goods. I doubt we could even trade him now.

Not only that, it might have been that we COULDN'T deal him on draft day, teams stayed away from him...not, like they say, that he was a piece of the puzzle for this year or wtf ever....

you're such a conservative... .. fan.

Thanks, I think.

The Giants could very well be alot better than 19th....they've got as good a chance as anyone if their defense get's near to 2007 form.

I think a #19 preseason ranking is pretty justified....but I also think they could be a lot better than that as the year goes on.

oh please, tell me there isn't a history here of many posters killing mcnabb. the dog isn't making that up at all. it dates back to the old board and carried over here. regardless, the dog never looked at stats for kolb, and doesn't know what they were last year. the dog just knows what he has read about the expectations for him, his skill set, leadership ability and how the team has taken to him. whether or not it translates on the field, who knows, but given those weapons and that system, the dog is comfortable with saying Kolb could have a good year. dismissing him as some have is naive.

I'm not saying noone has never talked trash about the QB of teams biggest rival. But the vast majority of the people on this board have posted their respect and admiration of McNabb.

Come up with a list of names, you must know, because afterall, "the same people who killed and showed him no respect are the ones who are saying he'll be the difference."

I'm not saying noone has never talked trash about the QB of teams biggest rival. But the vast majority of the people on this board have posted their respect and admiration of McNabb.

Come up with a list of names, you must know, because afterall, "the same people who killed and showed him no respect are the ones who are saying he'll be the difference."

For a very long time, the Mcnabb/Westbrook tandem was the thing that scared me most in the NFL ever...topping even Merton Hanks's neck...

Thanks, I think.

The Giants could very well be alot better than 19th....they've got as good a chance as anyone if their defense get's near to 2007 form.

I think a #19 preseason ranking is pretty justified....but I also think they could be a lot better than that as the year goes on.

Of course they'll be better.. you already set the bar low... I'm swiging for the fenses.. The single biggest ailment named Sheridan has been replaced with someone who seems to know what he's doing.. and that's being conservative.

Of course they'll be better.. you already set the bar low... I'm swiging for the fenses.. The single biggest ailment named Sheridan has been replaced with someone who seems to know what he's doing.. and that's being conservative.

Fewell should be a good upgrade....and were are getting some bodies back.

The defense was fatally injured after Game 2 in Dallas.....Tuck was screwed up, and we lost Phillips....in one game, our 2 best defenders went down.

We've talked about this before, and in retrospect, they should have shut Tuck down midway through the season.

Fewell should be a good upgrade....and were are getting some bodies back.

The defense was fatally injured after Game 2 in Dallas.....Tuck was screwed up, and we lost Phillips....in one game, our 2 best defenders went down.

We've talked about this before, and in retrospect, they should have shut Tuck down midway through the season.

Agreed. Tuck may, like everyone young athlete, feel he can play.. but that's something we all made at young age... the team should've shut him down.. and if he happened to be 100% late in the season, then be it.