SportsWrath

SI's Pre-Season Rankings

So they're fucking telling me because of our atrocious defense last year under Sheridan with so many fucking injuries, they're putting us at fucking 19th? I'm not even buying Dallas is better than us.. and for his talk about Dallas thinking they'll be the first team to play the SB in their own stadium I say the Giants will tag that fucking stadium again and defeat the Ravens...

So they're fucking telling me because of our atrocious defense last year under Sheridan with so many fucking injuries, they're putting us at fucking 19th? I'm not even buying Dallas is better than us.. and for his talk about Dallas thinking they'll be the first team to play the SB in their own stadium I say the Giants will tag that fucking stadium again and defeat the Ravens...

I'm annoyed he has the Eagles ranked higher. WTF!!!???!!! :wacko:

I like how the author goes by what the Jets did this offseason to put them at first yet goes by what we did the last 3 games of LAST year. What a stupid fucker.

If this ranking is any indication, it means the Jints are going to have a pretty good year.

Ranking the Giants 19th is completely deserved.

Our defense sucked cock last season, and that's a fact.

The Jets went god damn 9-7 last year! Are you kidding me? They should be 1, maybe 2 places ahead of us. You don't go by crapshoot offseason signings. I saw Jets number 1, chuckled, and closed the page without reading any farther.

Ranking the Giants 19th is completely deserved.

Our defense sucked cock last season, and that's a fact.

In his comments about the Colts, the writer said he's judging the team based on this upcoming season.. stating the team has NOT improved... the Giants HAVE improved.

In his comments about the Colts, the writer said he's judging the team based on this upcoming season.. stating the team has NOT improved... the Giants HAVE improved.

Until I see sacks, interceptions, and W's......the Giants have improved on paper only.

#19....makes sense to me.....actually, it's a bit charitable.....at the very end, I don't think there was a single offense in the NFL that could not score at will against the Giants defense.

The Jets went god damn 9-7 last year! Are you kidding me? They should be 1, maybe 2 places ahead of us. You don't go by crapshoot offseason signings. I saw Jets number 1, chuckled, and closed the page without reading any farther.

I'm not going to justify the Jets #1 position....but the distance both teams travelled toward the end of the season was light-years apart. The Jets were 1 game from the Super Bowl....the Giants fucking laid down against the Vikings....it was downright embarrassing. I couldn't even sit through the game.

Our defense was garbage last year. Put too much pressure on an offense that isn't nearly as prolific as some pretend it to be. Team fell apart.

19 is pretty accurate going into a season given we still never truly addressed MLB and our drafted S that everyone was excited about just got out of the hospital from multiple leg surgeries and is due back for more.

first, the dog will repeat for the record, that power rankings are stupid. in july they are really stupid. That being said, the dog would like to know what you think would be a reasonable ranking for a team that was 30th in the league in points allowed, showed no heart from week 6 on, was inconsistent in their running game, and who accumulated 8 wins, 5 against teams that didn't muster up more than 5 wins all year (Oak, KC, Washington, TB)?

they drafted a potential all pro dlineman that could also be a potential bust to bolster the defense. osi was our last season, and now is still fighting injury, so there is a potential that he'll be just as unproductive, the linebackers are still question marks, as they have done little to upgrade what was viewed as a significant defense of weakness (the dog actually likes bullock, but his best days are behind him), and they solidified the safety position somewhat with two signings, but again, it is easy to argue that it might not be enough...couple that with the fact that the o-line showed signs of taking a step back last year, and as a result jacobs was exploited for what he truly is, and you can easily see why they wouldn't be at the top of the rankings...

the cowboys were 11-5 last season, won the division, and took a small step forward by advancing in the playoffs. they have question marks on the o-line, but given the fact that there arsenal only got potentially stronger in the skilled positions, and their defense has high potential, why would the giants be ranked higher?

the eagles were 11-5 last year, and have a very explosive offense. the same people who killed mcnabb on a regular basis and showed him no respect are suddenly saying that this will hurt the eagles. from what the dog has see, kolb is very well respected by the organization, and has shown signs of potential. given his weapons and that system, he may slide right in and be a strong nfl QB. defense is a question, but again, do you put the giants ahead of them at this time? um, no.

the redskins (the 4 win team that accounted for 25% of the giants wins last year) are improved overall. are they good? doubtful, but they never have been, nor will they be easy wins. so yes, while the dog takes umbrage with the jets being ordained at the top of the list right now, you can't reasonably argue that as of July 28th, the giants should be ranked much higher than they are...

I don't have any arguments about being 19th, but the Jets aren't the best team in the league because they signed a bunch of players. They, arguably, still don't even have a legitimate QB. How bout the SB champs....?

Regardless of what happened last yr, its RIDICULOUS to think that the Jets are #1, and the Falcons, Egirls and Cardinals are all ranked higher. If our ranking is deserved, what about PITT? They faltered at the end and missed the playoffs too. Why are they so high?

Regardless of what happened last yr, its RIDICULOUS to think that the Jets are #1, and the Falcons, Egirls and Cardinals are all ranked higher. If our ranking is deserved, what about PITT? They faltered at the end and missed the playoffs too. Why are they so high?

plus they don'y have Therapist for at least 4 games.

I'll take 19. The G-Men always do better when the expectations are low.

which they usually are and i agree. they are never the media darlings. although this guy's obviously out of his mind or just trying to stir shit.