SportsWrath

Ramses Barden

Lughead

This little piece on Kenny has me more excited.

Nice but I'm not getting my hopes up.

As far as Barden being "ready" give me a fucking break.. how hard can it possibly be to learn your route and .. oh you're taller than everyone else.. so catch the damn ball.

As far as Barden being "ready" give me a fucking break.. how hard can it possibly be to learn your route and .. oh you're taller than everyone else.. so catch the damn ball.

I think it's more to do with the fact that he hasnt had to learn a single thing about football ever in his football career. When your 6ft 6 and playing in Cal-Poly all you need to do is run go rotues and jump higher then the DB next to you and you will be a TD machine. Now he's in a league where his physical attributes dont mean anything if he doesnt know how to run routes, get off a jam, use his size to position to catch the ball, ect. Look at Randy Moss, guy was a tall, fast WR who had one of the most under rated WR's ever in NFL history in Chris Carter teaching him everything and showing him what to do. In credit to Moss he stuck to Carter and learned everything he could from him which in my opinion is a big reason why he is the WR Moss is today.

Barden is basically learning how to play WR for the first time.

seriously?

I think it's more to do with the fact that he hasnt had to learn a single thing about football ever in his football career. When your 6ft 6 and playing in Cal-Poly all you need to do is run go rotues and jump higher then the DB next to you and you will be a TD machine. Now he's in a league where his physical attributes dont mean anything if he doesnt know how to run routes, get off a jam, use his size to position to catch the ball, ect. Look at Randy Moss, guy was a tall, fast WR who had one of the most under rated WR's ever in NFL history in Chris Carter teaching him everything and showing him what to do. In credit to Moss he stuck to Carter and learned everything he could from him which in my opinion is a big reason why he is the WR Moss is today.

Good points.

Are you saying if the amazing rolleyes.gifCris Carter was on the Giants, Barden would've had 17 TD's last year? Moss was a highly gifted receiver coming out of Marshall. Would've been picked #1 if he didn't have a conviction from high school. He blew up the league his first year. I don't know what overrated Cris Carter had to do with it except having his stats padded as Moss got triple teamed. Any comparison to Ramses Barden is streching it, to say the least.

Are you saying if the amazing rolleyes.gifCris Carter was on the Giants, Barden would've had 17 TD's last year? Moss was a highly gifted receiver coming out of Marshall. Would've been picked #1 if he didn't have a conviction from high school. He blew up the league his first year. I don't know what overrated Cris Carter had to do with it except having his stats padded as Moss got triple teamed. Any comparison to Ramses Barden is streching it, to say the least.

lol I think my point went over your head Blu.

I was just pointing out that it's common knowledge that Carter who yes will be in the HoF at one point took Moss under his wing when he was drafted by Minnesota and taught him everything he could about the WR position. Carter did everything he could including making Moss attend his camps in the off season to help him improve and learn the game as much as possible. Moss is a hell of a WR there's no doubt but about that but with out Carter I doubt he would of had the same success he did his first year, not saying he would of been a horrible player but having a guy like Carter across from you and guiding/teaching you obviously helps.

All I was saying is that both Moss and Barden came out of college as WRs who used their physical attributes more then practical football knowledge. Obviously Moss being the more gifted then Barden but the point still remains, out of college Moss had Carter to help guide and mentor him to become not only a better football player but not as much as a cocky asshole as he was in Oakland and later years in Minny. Barden has to learn the game of football because unlike Moss his physical abilities wont carry him as much as they did Moss.

lol I think my point went over your head Blu.

I was just pointing out that it's common knowledge that Carter who yes will be in the HoF at one point took Moss under his wing when he was drafted by Minnesota and taught him everything he could about the WR position. Carter did everything he could including making Moss attend his camps in the off season to help him improve and learn the game as much as possible. Moss is a hell of a WR there's no doubt but about that but with out Carter I doubt he would of had the same success he did his first year, not saying he would of been a horrible player but having a guy like Carter across from you and guiding/teaching you obviously helps.

All I was saying is that both Moss and Barden came out of college as WRs who used their physical attributes more then practical football knowledge. Obviously Moss being the more gifted then Barden but the point still remains, out of college Moss had Carter to help guide and mentor him to become not only a better football player but not as much as a cocky asshole as he was in Oakland and later years in Minny. Barden has to learn the game of football because unlike Moss his physical abilities wont carry him as much as they did Moss.

over my head? if you say so- just a very poor comparison- not applicable at all to ramses barden and rather pointless. moss, again was gifted and polished all american coming out of school. his QB was chad pennington and they won the MAC in 1997. Barden's QB was a kid named Jonathan Dally who's looking to get into advertising. dry.gif

and i do think carter is overrated and the only reason he would be considered HOF is the new life that moss gave him and his media ties.

I agree but I just don't think it takes that long.. or maybe it shouldn't.. He already is a football player. We jam receivers and learn to get off jams in pick up games in Brooklyn. So yes (Pdoub).. seriously.

I think you make some good points, but by all accounts Randy Moss is extremely football smart & savvy. I think what Cris Carter really gave him is a sense of professionalism that he might not have had otherwise.

Ramses Barden is basically Randy Moss...without the natural football instincts.

I agree but I just don't think it takes that long.. or maybe it shouldn't.. He already is a football player. We jam receivers and learn to get off jams in pick up games in Brooklyn. So yes (Pdoub).. seriously.

Because pick up games in Prospect Park are = to NFL games with 80,000 people screaming and yelling.

And yes, these corners are much stronger and much faster than you are.

i wouldn't judge yourself that harshly, nas- but if the tampon fits......

I agree, Cris (don't get me started, he spells his name wrong..as does Collinsworth..but, I digress)...Carter is a gigantic douche and still harbors resentment over the Giants utter ass kicking he and the Vikings received on January 14th, 2001.

The only thing that Carter could have told Randy (don't get me started on men named Randy, either) is to lay off the nose candy.

I agree, Cris (don't get me started, he spells his name wrong..as does Collinsworth..but, I digress)...Carter is a gigantic douche and still harbors resentment over the Giants utter ass kicking he and the Vikings received on January 14th, 2001.

The only thing that Carter could have told Randy (don't get me started on men named Randy, either) is to lay off the nose candy.

I've never heard Moss say that Carter was a mentor. I've heard Carter say it often.

Because pick up games in Prospect Park are = to NFL games with 80,000 people screaming and yelling.

And yes, these corners are much stronger and much faster than you are.

Seriously?

I think you make some good points, but by all accounts Randy Moss is extremely football smart & savvy. I think what Cris Carter really gave him is a sense of professionalism that he might not have had otherwise.

Ramses Barden is basically Randy Moss...without the natural football instincts.

If chris carter gave randy moss a level of professionalism then I hope I never get that fucker as a kris kringle. Because for all the stuff randy moss got over the years, being professional isn't top of the list.