SportsWrath

1st Annual Sportswrath.com Interactive Mock Draft

Money

***NEW SELECTION***

After Review and consultation with the my FAB 4 Brethren, Leonard Pope of Georgia was the obvious choice - a TE that works hard and at 6'73/4" and runs a 4.65 40 yard - You can't miss him - the new TE of the NFC!

05fb_uga_gdaygame_leonardpope.jpg

You had to know these whiners were going to either pick a TE or DT just to try and play up the Giants..... glorified blocking TE is all I see on this guy, but I'm sure after DeShawn Foster & the rest of the Carolina backfield gets hurt he'll be a great RB!

Tuesday, April 11

17. Minnesota Vikings -- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis*

18. Dallas Cowboys -- Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State

19. San Diego Chargers -- Jason Allen, S, Tennessee

20. Kansas City Chiefs -- Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn

21. New England Patriots -- Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State

22. Denver Broncos -- LenDale White, RB, Southern California

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Tye Hill, CB, Clemson

24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Darnell Bing, S, Southern California

25. New York Giants -- DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama

26. Chicago Bears -- Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State

27. Carolina Panthers -- Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia

28. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State

29. New York Jets -- Eric Winston, OT, Miami

30. Indianapolis Colts -- Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa*

31. Seattle Seahawks -- Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State

32. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State

Fairly good picks today. I think Jason Allen and Darnell Bing were reaches. I'm not sure Tye Hill makes sense for the Bucs defensive scheme. I liked Greenway better than Bobby Carpenter. But solid pikcs overall the missed picks actually got decent fits today, or at least much better than yesterday.

Hey Einstein........the guy came with a big tag on his lapel that spelled out L-A-Z-Y. Take one look at him and you don't need to be a nuero surgeon to understand why. He's a loser who will never amount to anything other than another failed first round draft choice by Ernie. And now the Fab Four are on the clock I believe............

How come the Fab 4 is the only fuckin group that thinks this bullshit is true?

Tuesday, April 11

17. Minnesota Vikings -- DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis*

18. Dallas Cowboys -- Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State

19. San Diego Chargers -- Jason Allen, S, Tennessee

20. Kansas City Chiefs -- Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn

21. New England Patriots -- Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State

22. Denver Broncos -- LenDale White, RB, Southern California

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Tye Hill, CB, Clemson

24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Darnell Bing, S, Southern California

25. New York Giants -- DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama

26. Chicago Bears -- Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State

27. Carolina Panthers -- Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia

28. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State

29. New York Jets -- Eric Winston, OT, Miami

30. Indianapolis Colts -- Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa*

31. Seattle Seahawks -- Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State

32. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State

Fairly good picks today. I think Jason Allen and Darnell Bing were reaches. I'm not sure Tye Hill makes sense for the Bucs defensive scheme. I liked Greenway better than Bobby Carpenter. But solid pikcs overall the missed picks actually got decent fits today, or at least much better than yesterday.

While I realize the Vikings pick was made off a chart, not by the team, I think they should've taken Ernie Sims in that slot. I also think every team that passed on Sims from that point on made a mistake as he would've won a starting gig on every one of those franchises this season. Imagine Sims on the Cowboys across from Ware? Frightening.

I echo Hank's thoughts on Allen. I posted earlier today about a rumor I heard saying the kid's hip injury was a degenerative condition. Sucks for Allen, sucks worse for Goliath!

I don't have a problem with the Bengals Bing pick. Yes he's considered a reach at that point but every review also goes on to say he's a steal in round 2. The Bengals have a definite need there. Bing seems like an exceptional run support safety. I like the pick regardless of what the charts say.

Ryans is a perfect fit for the Giants. I wonder where Money got the idea ;) although I'll listen to the Greenway argument. I wouldn't have wanted to make that choice. Ryans over the other options was definitely the best route though.

Cromartie to the Bears is a dream come true for Chicago. Excellent pick.

I hate to knock the Fab 4 but given some of the guys who were available, I think Pope was a mistake. I also think you could've gotten similar value at TE in the 2nd round. Passing on Greenway at that point is very suspect. You could even make an argument for Watson given Jenkins injury history although I'm not sure how you would've defended the drafting of a lazy Defensive Tackle!

Carpenter is a good fit for Jags. But again, I can't recommend him over Greenway.

Methinks the Jets might've been better off taking Nick Mangold than Eric Winston. Talk about your dream draft for the Jets.... replacing Mawae with Mangold .. not too shabby.

My mind isn't made up yet but I'd tend to agree at this point that I'd take Youboty over the other corners listed although I don't think Seattle can count on him making a difference this year.

Indy strikes gold with the Greenway freefall.

Pittsburgh takes the smart, non-flashy pick in Mangold.

Good first round fellas

My mind isn't made up yet but I'd tend to agree at this point that I'd take Youboty over the other corners listed although I don't think Seattle can count on him making a difference this year.

Good first round fellas

I was hoping that Greenway or Cromartie would fall to me but they got picked right before. Had we had the option to trade the pick, I would have looked to trade down. Since that wasn't an option, I felt that I had to go with CB. I thought that the best value lay at this position and since its the only glaring need on the Seahawks it was the only way to go. That said, Im not sold on Youboty being able to contribute this year but if you look at their roster he definitely would be a leading contender for that second corner slot.

Currently, the Seahawks are the leading candidate to sign Ty Law this year. Even if they sign him, drafting a CB in the 1st round is still the best move since they have no depth at this positon. But if they can add Law and a 1st rounder, their defense becomes one of the best in the NFL.

IMO, this is DEFINITELY the team to beat this year in the NFC. Carolina and the Bears will be good but they don't have a great offense AND defense like Seattle does.

While I realize the Vikings pick was made off a chart, not by the team, I think they should've taken Ernie Sims in that slot. I also think every team that passed on Sims from that point on made a mistake as he would've won a starting gig on every one of those franchises this season. Imagine Sims on the Cowboys across from Ware? Frightening.

I echo Hank's thoughts on Allen. I posted earlier today about a rumor I heard saying the kid's hip injury was a degenerative condition. Sucks for Allen, sucks worse for Goliath!

I don't have a problem with the Bengals Bing pick. Yes he's considered a reach at that point but every review also goes on to say he's a steal in round 2. The Bengals have a definite need there. Bing seems like an exceptional run support safety. I like the pick regardless of what the charts say.

Ryans is a perfect fit for the Giants. I wonder where Money got the idea ;) although I'll listen to the Greenway argument. I wouldn't have wanted to make that choice. Ryans over the other options was definitely the best route though.

Cromartie to the Bears is a dream come true for Chicago. Excellent pick.

I hate to knock the Fab 4 but given some of the guys who were available, I think Pope was a mistake. I also think you could've gotten similar value at TE in the 2nd round. Passing on Greenway at that point is very suspect. You could even make an argument for Watson given Jenkins injury history although I'm not sure how you would've defended the drafting of a lazy Defensive Tackle!

Carpenter is a good fit for Jags. But again, I can't recommend him over Greenway.

Methinks the Jets might've been better off taking Nick Mangold than Eric Winston. Talk about your dream draft for the Jets.... replacing Mawae with Mangold .. not too shabby.

Indy strikes gold with the Greenway freefall.

Pittsburgh takes the smart, non-flashy pick in Mangold.

Good first round fellas

I'll echo the Vikings passing up Simms, but for being straight of the board I think Deangello Williams is pretty solid considering the Vikings have about 8 mediocre RB's on the roster and could use an every down back.

As for as the Fab 4 Pope pick, I approve. I liked Pope over Cromarite for the Bears, they really need another weapon (although I agree there is good TE depth in this draft) so I think getting a target over the middle to go along with Keyshawn will really open up the offense for the Panthers, now they just need a RB to stay healthy for a full year.

Guest Lockhart
Lock I presume you explained to Leonard what the word ..........VOLUNTARY...........means.

Yes - he understands that with the Millions he is paid he OWES the team extra time, but then there is only one TE that doesn't see things that way.

Guest Floyd The Barber
***NEW SELECTION***

After Review and consultation with the my FAB 4 Brethren, Leonard Pope of Georgia was the obvious choice - a TE that works hard and at 6'73/4" and runs a 4.65 40 yard - You can't miss him - the new TE of the NFC!

05fb_uga_gdaygame_leonardpope.jpg

excellent excellent decision...this will only open the eyes of the nay-sayers towards the FAB 4's insight and player potential ability...a BIG man, who is a tireless worker, he will open up the middle of he field and allow Panther WR's to get open...this is just what there Offense was lacking last year...

as a Giant fan, I too am very jealous of this pick the Panthers made...

excellent excellent decision...this will only open the eyes of the nay-sayers towards the FAB 4's insight and player potential ability...a BIG man, who is a tireless worker, he will open up the middle of he field and allow Panther WR's to get open...this is just what there Offense was lacking last year...

as a Giant fan, I too am very jealous of this pick the Panthers made...

First of all, Panthers WRs will get open when Keyshawn and Smith are the top 2 WRs. Second of all, do you have the least bit of modesty? Technically, you made the pick :rolleyes: