SportsWrath

Predict Giants 2010 Record

JackStroud

Well if you think the addition of Rolle and... ohh right nobody else will magically stop the best RB in the league then 13-3 is possible. This team is even weaker at LB then last year and every team will run all over this D. The point of predictions is to be clairvoyant and I see a mediocre season ahead. Unless the O becomes the Saints O it won't be a great season. We can all blame Sheridan but the D woes go far deeper than the coordinator.

i fully endorse this statement. it goes to the fact that the front office felt (and still feels) that what worked in the last half of '07 is the formula to build on for the future. That is, a dominant DL trumps all. First mistake is a good coaching staff can get around a dominant DL if the back 7 are weak. Second mistake, this is not a dominant DL.

Maybe there wasn't a definitive upgrade, but I'd be surprised if Sintim & Dillard were not an upgrade to Pierce & Clark by the end of the year. They're going to be more mistake prone, at least early in the year, but they're also much more athletic. And if Boley gets a full training camp I think he'll be a couple steps up on where he was last year too.

And yes, I think Dillard takes the mike.

Dillard won't see much playing time at MLB and I doubt Goff is going to be an upgrade over Pierce. Anybody is better than Clark so Sintim will be better and Boley was a cast off from a team that needed LBs (and just drafted one in the first round).

i fully endorse this statement. it goes to the fact that the front office felt (and still feels) that what worked in the last half of '07 is the formula to build on for the future. That is, a dominant DL trumps all. First mistake is a good coaching staff can get around a dominant DL if the back 7 are weak. Second mistake, this is not a dominant DL.

:thumbs:

EA and Reese apparently think LBs are useless because they refuse to sign or draft good LBs and instead hope for bargain players. As for the DLine I agree as many people forget that there was a HOFer on the DLine in 2007. Really if the line plays great, and by that I mean the DTs, then there will be a chance the D is better but the LBs are still mediocre at best.

Dillard won't see much playing time at MLB and I doubt Goff is going to be an upgrade over Pierce. Anybody is better than Clark so Sintim will be better and Boley was a cast off from a team that needed LBs (and just drafted one in the first round).

If Dillard isn't seeing playing time at MLB, he's not playing....can't seem him anywhere but mike. I wasn't impressed by Goff either, so I HOPE Dillard is a player. But regardless, even with a replay of '09 at MLB, I'd definitely take the 2010 LBs, questionable as they are, over the 2009 unit. And yes, I know thats damning with faint praise.

:thumbs:

EA and Reese apparently think LBs are useless because they refuse to sign or draft good LBs and instead hope for bargain players. As for the DLine I agree as many people forget that there was a HOFer on the DLine in 2007. Really if the line plays great, and by that I mean the DTs, then there will be a chance the D is better but the LBs are still mediocre at best.

I don't get the lack of attention at LB either. But at least we got a Super Bowl out of it.

If Dillard isn't seeing playing time at MLB, he's not playing....can't seem him anywhere but mike. I wasn't impressed by Goff either, so I HOPE Dillard is a player. But regardless, even with a replay of '09 at MLB, I'd definitely take the 2010 LBs, questionable as they are, over the 2009 unit. And yes, I know thats damning with faint praise.

I don't get the lack of attention at LB either. But at least we got a Super Bowl out of it.

I will concede that this LB unit should be better but there is a lot of green players so it's very possible that they could be worse. Although the LBs weren't much in 2007 Pierce, Mitchell and sometimes Wilkinson played well down the stretch so you'd think that Reese would have tried to rebuild the LB core but no. The LBs have been the Achilles heel of this D and it looks to continue unfortunately.

Well if you think the addition of Rolle and... ohh right nobody else will magically stop the best RB in the league then 13-3 is possible. This team is even weaker at LB then last year and every team will run all over this D. The point of predictions is to be clairvoyant and I see a mediocre season ahead. Unless the O becomes the Saints O it won't be a great season. We can all blame Sheridan but the D woes go far deeper than the coordinator.

Our LBs will hinge on our DT play. A big problem last year was playing DTs that were walking wounded, and being completely short-handed there (losing Alford was huge). So even if Goff isn't an upgrade from Pierce, he might have better stats this year just because we're more healthy at DT. Sintim should do better than Clark. Boley was the only LB that seemed somewhat decent last year, and that only for a few games.

And the other nightmare, the safeties, are drastically improved.

But there is no way I would expect a win in the first 2-3 games. Our D will need time to gel. That's not to say winning isn't possible via offensive firepower, but I wouldn't count on it. But we might be pleasantly surprised with the results at the end of the season, once everyone is settled.

I'm not worried about our offense too much: if we have a good, healthy 3rd back, our other two will have some pressure taken off; our wide receivers are solid; our QB seems to be improving still; and I think Beatty will bring Diehl inside.

From the way things are right now, we could be anywhere between 8-8 and 12-4, and there's just no way to tell.

Can you explain to me how we are weaker at LBer?

That makes no sense at all........the loss of Danny Whatshisface and Airhorn?

Can you explain to me how we are weaker at LBer?

That makes no sense at all........the loss of Danny Whatshisface and Airhorn?

Other than Boley it's all rookies or inexperienced players. It's very possible that they are worse than the previous LBers and Boley was hardly pro bowl material last year. Also Airhorn went on to win the SB that year.

Other than Boley it's all rookies or inexperienced players. It's very possible that they are worse than the previous LBers and Boley was hardly pro bowl material last year. Also Airhorn went on to win the SB that year.

Well Airhorn has stated he still wants to play in the NFL.....they must be lining up to offer him Lebron like money

LOL

The guy is a super bowl hero for goodmess sakes

:smartass:

I have to think we have a few guys who can line up at the LBer position........or we can grab an Airhorn like equivalent on the final cut day LOL

Our LBs will hinge on our DT play. A big problem last year was playing DTs that were walking wounded, and being completely short-handed there (losing Alford was huge). So even if Goff isn't an upgrade from Pierce, he might have better stats this year just because we're more healthy at DT. Sintim should do better than Clark. Boley was the only LB that seemed somewhat decent last year, and that only for a few games.

And the other nightmare, the safeties, are drastically improved.

But there is no way I would expect a win in the first 2-3 games. Our D will need time to gel. That's not to say winning isn't possible via offensive firepower, but I wouldn't count on it. But we might be pleasantly surprised with the results at the end of the season, once everyone is settled.

I'm not worried about our offense too much: if we have a good, healthy 3rd back, our other two will have some pressure taken off; our wide receivers are solid; our QB seems to be improving still; and I think Beatty will bring Diehl inside.

From the way things are right now, we could be anywhere between 8-8 and 12-4, and there's just no way to tell.

Look, a healthy Justin tuck alone guarantees we wont have a repeat of last year.....Also the coaching last year was horrible.....you have to think that will improve. At least this new guy has a track record of some success

The DBs should be very much improved

I think this D has the potential to be better than the SB D.........emphasis on potential

Well Airhorn has stated he still wants to play in the NFL.....they must be lining up to offer him Lebron like money

LOL

The guy is a super bowl hero for goodmess sakes

:smartass:

I have to think we have a few guys who can line up at the LBer position........or we can grab an Airhorn like equivalent on the final cut day LOL

the guy just officially retired and has been hired by espn.

Look, a healthy Justin tuck alone guarantees we wont have a repeat of last year.....Also the coaching last year was horrible.....you have to think that will improve. At least this new guy has a track record of some success

The DBs should be very much improved

I think this D has the potential to be better than the SB D.........emphasis on potential

Jack, our starting DTs both came off of microfracture surgery just before the 2009 season, and both our FA DTs played injured as well. Our 5th DT was on IR. Healthy Tuck or not, that's a lot of bodies that needed to get healthy. And that's a big reason why teams were able to run down our center.

Tuck is coming off of shoulder surgery. Hopefully he's back to full strength.

That's what makes me hate a defense that relies so heavily on defensive line play. While it's important, the defensive line is also the part of the defense that takes the most wear and tear over the course of the season. I personally think its the main reason Coughlin's teams have tended to fade towards the end of the season. And while we have some excellent DEs, neither Tuck or Osi have gone through a season unhampered in the last two years.

But I agree with you--our defense should be improved over last year. There's no way of knowing how improved right now, or if it's enough to keep pace with the rest of the division. And there's no way I would expect wins in the first two or three games with a new defensive scheme to iron out. Maybe Carolina, if we've improved enough to stop the run.

will you please get rid of that annoying movie

id rather listen to an airhorn

i heard airhorn moved to south africa and opened up a vuvenzela factory

a for your comment on the D line........well

last year was a annomoly.......Accorsi left a leagacy that we should stock up on lineman and rotate them after the famous SFO folderoooo when skockey threw the ice chips

will you please get rid of that annoying movie

id rather listen to an airhorn

i heard airhorn moved to south africa and opened up a vuvenzela factory

a for your comment on the D line........well

last year was a annomoly.......Accorsi left a leagacy that we should stock up on lineman and rotate them after the famous SFO folderoooo when skockey threw the ice chips

You think?

2004-Strahan out for the season after eight games. Replaced by Lance Legree. Norman Hand played 11 games, Lorenzo Bromell played 2, Damane Duckett, Davern Williams, Kenderick Allen, William Joseph, and Fred Robbins all started games as DT. While some of it had to do with a rookie Manning, we went 1-7 in the second half of the season, which included two starts by Warner. Four of those losses the opponent scored 25 points or better, including a 33-30 loss to Pittsburgh.

2006--Both Osi and Strahan out for sizeable chunks of the season, and Osi wasn't right even when he came back. Justin Tuck broke his foot before he even saw the field, leaving us with a rookie Kiwinuka and Dave Tollefson starters. Barry Cofield hitting a rookie wall. 3-5 second half of the season.

2008--Osi out for season. Robbins starting with two broken hands. Tuck having leg problems. Cofield apparently having problems. 5-3 second half, but losing the last 3 of 4.

I'm not putting myself through 2009 again. Let's just say 3-5, and let it be.

In 2005, we stayed intact on the dline, but our linebackers were injured. Even still, we went 5-3 in the second half of the season.

When our DL gets injured/banged up, our defensive play tails off, and our record reflects this. Sure, there are other factors in play as well, but that is some serious circumstantial evidence.